Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

A guy was retreating towards his car and you feel it was justified to just shoot the poor bastard because he might have a gun in the car and he might brandish it towards the cops and that might lead to the children in the backseat getting hurt. Amazing. How little you value a human life. Or perhaps just the life of an assumed criminal? Or a black life? 

The children were black you dolt :lol:

You've already said you were content to let the guy (who might have been under the influence?) with a knife get back into his vehicle with his kids and drive off (or get a gun from the cops perspective), you've exposed yourself as not serious, go back to talking about climate change :lol:

Dome Over America actually sounds like a good name for a charity. :lol: Has that warm and fuzzy feel to it. People could sponsor materials to build that dome and hang pictures of the materials they donated on their fridge.

"For every coffee you buy, we'll donate 1% of proceeds to Dome Over America" 

I think we could mainstream this in any Country where the average person has a disposable income. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I always love a little irony.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/28/907075695/amid-peaceful-protest-crowd-surrounds-rand-paul-after-trump-speech

They were shouting say her name at Senator Paul but he is the guy that is tryin to get the Justice For Breonna Taylor Act passed.

Well, it's not like it's a crowd of brain surgeons :lol:

18 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

If Trump wins again will these rioters and looters accept the results of the election?

People accepted the results the last time.  They protested, but it's not as though they burned cities down out of spite. 

If Trump wins legitimately again this November then I would expect the same level of protest we saw last time.

If his win is delegitimate, then expect America to be lit up like Christmas tree.

And before you respond, remember Trump's words in about Obama's win in 2012:

875d2DO.png

If Trump gets in again I could see the BBC self-detonating or going into some computer meltdown like HAL from 2001. And all the Owen Joneses, Polly Toynbees and James O' Brians of the world are going to look as sick as they did on Brexit night. It will be glorious. 

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If Trump gets in again I could see the BBC self-detonating or going into some computer meltdown like HAL from 2001. And all the Owen Joneses, Polly Toynbees and James O' Brians of the world are going to look as sick as they did on Brexit night. It will be glorious. 

Have you seen Sky News Australia? They are laughing  at Biden

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6176532683001

4 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It must suck to be a cop right now you are literally damned if you do damned if you dont

Especially damned if you shoot someone seven times in the back when you weren't in imminent danger. 

But yeah, it must suck to be a cop in USA. It is not their fault they are not better trained to deal with the violence of USA. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

How would you deal with it, if you were in charge?

I don't have all the answers and I am not educated to theorize on wide-spread societal change -- which I believe it required to not only help the police but make their job easier -- but if you will allow me to muse a bit and forgive me if I don't have all the answers in much detail:

- Get stricter gun laws and get guns off the streets. Allow amnesty where people can give up their guns without any repercussions.

- The police needs better training and the law enforcement in USA must be harmonized across the country. Educate the police better in conflict solving. Pay them more. The job they do is both incredibly important and dangerous - salaries should reflect that. Demilitarize the police when there is less guns in society (this will take time). The police should be shaped to be allies of the people, not enemies. People shouldn't need guns because they don't trust the police to be there for them....or because they fear being shot by the police. And any instances of corruption or misconduct in the police should be handled openly, transparently, and with no remorse and protection of their own.

- The police shouldn't deal with non-criminal social issues, they are not trained for that; so build up better social systems to help the mentally ill and the smaller conflicts that aren't necessarily for the legal system to handle. Basically, make USA better for those who need it the most and let the police deal with crimes. 

- Stop the war on drugs. Make soft drugs legal across the country. Reduce penalties for personal use of drugs. Focus on helping addicts, not punishing them. This will lift the burden on the legal system, allow quicker processing of real criminals, and rebuild trust between communities and authorities.

- The US democracy must be overhauled to rebuild people's trust and respect for politicians and politics. This is a too large topic but it is connected to the above since a weak democracy erodes society. Some keywords, end super pacs, end gerrymeandering, end political advertisements, one man one vote, etc.

I am sure I will kick myself later for having forgotten something important. Oh well. This was still just a few disconnected thoughts from afar and based on what works in my country and which I believe could work in USA too, but it won't be easy and it will take a long time. Still, something needs to be done, because USA is getting in increasingly worse shape.

Edited by SoulMonster

One person was shot dead in Portland. Early reports suggest it was a right wing counter protestor.

This follows the many rnc speeches by trump and others about “law and order” where Trunp specifically condemned the liberal leadership in Portland.

25 minutes ago, soon said:

One person was shot dead in Portland. Early reports suggest it was a right wing counter protestor.

This follows the many rnc speeches by trump and others about “law and order” where Trunp specifically condemned the liberal leadership in Portland.

Do you know the description of the shooter?  Because for some strange reason it doesn't seem important this time.

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Do you know the description of the shooter?  Because for some strange reason it doesn't seem important this time.

Portland police say that officers heard three shots, approached the direction of the shots, and found the victim on the ground. So, to the best of my limited knowledge, no one has ID'd a shooter(s).

But this story is topping my news feed and being covered as important, so Im not sure I follow your drift.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Portland police say that officers heard three shots, approached the direction of the shots, and found the victim on the ground. So, to the best of my limited knowledge, no one has ID'd a shooter(s).

But this story is topping my news feed and being covered as important, so Im not sure I follow your drift.

His drift is that if the shooter is white then it would be all they are talking about on CNN (tv).

Edit- not saying I agree, or disagree, but that's what I believe his(?) drift it.

Edited by Coma16
  • Haha 1

No one seems to know the shooters race. Understand the difference when one video clearly shows the identity of the shooter in Wisconsin and this Portland video doesn't clearly identify the shooter. Its not hard to understand unless you feed your mind on conspiracy theory and Trumps drivel. :lol:

The video appears to show two men approach a 3rd man. One voice is heard saying "We got another one!" Another voices says "Here?" As they reach the 3rd man. Its hard to make out but it looks as though they mace the 3rd man and he responds with 2 gun shots.

Too early to know much, but thats how I see the vid. And I believe the victim arrived to town, armed, with a man identified by independent media as Chandler Pappas. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

I believe police now seek one male suspect.

29 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

His drift is that if the shooter is white then it would be all they are talking about on CNN (tv).

Edit- not saying I agree, or disagree, but that's what I believe his(?) drift it.

Fair enough, sorry for laughing in that case. Im sure you are correct.