Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

People being disorderly and breaking the law... in the name of "Law and order." 

People rejecting the authority of the state, mayor and police authorities... with the stated goal of supporting the cops and fighting against "anarchy."

:jerkoff:

Edited by soon

On 8/30/2020 at 2:17 PM, Swampfox said:

Still no description of the shooter?  What's taking so long?

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/08/man-under-investigation-in-fatal-shooting-after-pro-trump-rally-allegedly-took-loaded-gun-to-earlier-portland-protest.html

A 48-year-old man who was accused of carrying a loaded gun at an earlier downtown Portland protest is under investigation in the fatal shooting Saturday night of a right-wing demonstrator after a pro-Trump rally.

Michael Forest Reinoehl calls himself an anti-fascist and has posted videos and photos of demonstrations he attended since late June, accompanied by the hashtags #blacklivesmatter, #anewnation and #breonnataylor.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

It's almost as if there should be laws making it more difficult for such people to have guns isn't it?

I don't think that, in a sensible well ordered society, guns would be a problem.  Unfortunately, there ain't no fuckin' sensible well ordered societies in the world.

On 30/08/2020 at 6:44 PM, action said:

I'm sure there was a time when there were far less riots than today. you'd start to have the crazy thought, that it used to be better in the past. so weird, with all those "socially aware" and "tolerant" people being all the fashion these days.

There was plenty of riots in the 60s/70s and 80s.  90s I don't really recall. 

28 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I agree.  Antifa terrorists shouldn't own guns.

I mean I would argue that no terrorists should own guns but maybe that's just me. :shrugs: 

So would you be in favour of some form of common sense gun laws?

Edited by Dazey

31 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I mean I would argue that no terrorists should own guns but maybe that's just me. :shrugs: 

But they’ll just start using knives...and other assorted cutlery.  Spoons, cruets, egg timers, you name it.

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

00s had their share too if I recall correctly, Bradford and Oldham stick out in the memory.

in that case, the media are blowing things out of proportion. fearmongering.

the other day in the news, it was one report of riots after the other, the US, belgium, the netherlands, germany...

Just now, action said:

in that case, the media are blowing things out of proportion. fearmongering.

the other day in the news, it was one report of riots after the other, the US, belgium, the netherlands, germany...

There was some pretty heavy riots in 2011 too, following the death of Mark Duggan and my man Smiley Culture.  Smiley was a reggae artist who, allegedly, during a police raid of his house, went into the kitchen and stabbed himself in the heart with a butcher knife.  I'll say that again, during a police raid, he went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and, allegedly, stabbed HIMSELF in the heart...with a butcher knife.

46 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That's a tricky question.  It's hard to predict what someone is capable of doing.  Many people that go on killing sprees have no criminal history.  Common sense gun laws to me would be taking them away from previous offenders.  Like a guy that points a gun at a pregnant woman's stomach during a robbery.  

4 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

That's a tricky question.  It's hard to predict what someone is capable of doing.  Many people that go on killing sprees have no criminal history.  Common sense gun laws to me would be taking them away from previous offenders.  Like a guy that points a gun at a pregnant woman's stomach during a robbery.  

Well you’d at least narrow things down, wouldn’t you?  I mean you can’t legislate for the out of nowhere, random, psychotic weirdoes but by definition if someone has previous or they ain’t right in the head, keeping a gun away from them might be a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well you’d at least narrow things down, wouldn’t you?  I mean you can’t legislate for the out of nowhere, random, psychotic weirdoes but by definition if someone has previous or they ain’t right in the head, keeping a gun away from them might be a good idea.

I agree.  There are some obvious cases of mentally ill, previous offenders, etc.  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

There was some pretty heavy riots in 2011 too, following the death of Mark Duggan and my man Smiley Culture.  Smiley was a reggae artist who, allegedly, during a police raid of his house, went into the kitchen and stabbed himself in the heart with a butcher knife.  I'll say that again, during a police raid, he went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and, allegedly, stabbed HIMSELF in the heart...with a butcher knife.

steven adler stabbed himself too

strange stories...

12 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This article gets the fact of the shooting wrong... even though it includes a video of the shooting. Lets call it "wrong" and not bias for now.

Edited by soon