Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Which fact did they get wrong?

The victim approached the shooter and maced him. Then the shooter fired. The article claims the mace was in response to being shot. a key detail.

It also failed to mention that the victim arrived in town with the caravan, but then broke away from it, wearing tactical gear and at least mace. Hes pictured with other weapons in socials, as well.

10 minutes ago, soon said:

The victim approached the shooter and maced him. Then the shooter fired. The article claims the mace was in response to being shot. a key detail.

It also failed to mention that the victim arrived in town with the caravan, but then broke away from it, wearing tactical gear and at least mace. Hes pictured with other weapons in socials, as well.

Do you have evidence of these claims?

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Do you have evidence of these claims?

You mean like the video embedded in the article you posted, that I already highlighted? lol

The video is everywhere! You should really watch it, lol. Especially enhanced audio and video versions.

You can see the victims tactical gear in the picture of him on the ground receiving treatment. He obviously had mace. And yes, you can find pics of him gearing up with Chandler Pappas with airguns and stuff. 

And its widely reported by reputable news sources that the victim arrived with the caravan and then broke away. Not sure how anyone following the story would be absent of all the wiely circulated details.

12 minutes ago, soon said:

You mean like the video embedded in the article you posted, that I already highlighted? lol

The video is everywhere! You should really watch it, lol. Especially enhanced audio and video versions.

You can see the victims tactical gear in the picture of him on the ground receiving treatment. He obviously had mace. And yes, you can find pics of him gearing up with Chandler Pappas with airguns and stuff. 

And its widely reported by reputable news sources that the victim arrived with the caravan and then broke away. Not sure how anyone following the story would be absent of all the wiely circulated details.

Are you trying to justify someone getting shot and killed because he used mace and was dressed up in tactical gear (with airguns)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Are you trying to justify someone getting shot and killed because he used mace and was dressed up in tactical gear (with airguns)?

What a ridiculous conclusion to hearing someone state facts. :facepalm:

People are bothered by facts. Your country is coming to an end. 

20 minutes ago, soon said:

In the video embedded in the link I posted, nor in the top youtube results I just took a look at, can I tell the victim was macing the shooter. It's simply too far away to tell. If you have a better video then feel free to share.

In the video embedded in the link I posted, nor in the top youtube results I just took a look at, can I tell the victim was macing the shooter. It's simply too far away to tell. If you have a better video then feel free to share.

I wonder how the article you posted knows their conclusion then.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

What a ridiculous conclusion to hearing someone state facts. :facepalm:

People are bothered by facts. Your country is coming to an end. 

So it’s ok the next time a BLM activist gets shot and killed to point out, “Well, he swung his skateboard at him first.” 

Sort of the same logic, no? 

Just now, Ace Nova said:

So it’s ok the next time a BLM activist gets shot and killed to point out, “Well, he swung his skateboard at him first.” 

Sort of the same logic, no? 

I stated facts and you are inferring a motive.

What additional motive would a normal person need to desire facts?

Yes, and if you have links to said enhanced audio and video please post it so we can see it.

I dont post from my socials on here, but hop on twitter and search "Portland Shooting Video" and the enhanced, slowed, analyzed version should be easy to find from there. Or even search "Portland shooting enhanced video" maybe? 

I would like to note that you have apparently ceded all the other points. And have posted an article that makes a key claim that you say is impossible to verify.

13 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont post from my socials on here, but hop on twitter and search "Portland Shooting Video" and the enhanced, slowed, analyzed version should be easy to find from there. Or even search "Portland shooting enhanced video" maybe? 

I would like to note that you have apparently ceded all the other points. And have posted an article that makes a key claim that you say is impossible to verify.

I haven't ceded anything. Based on the fact that you can't easily provide evidence for your first claim, I consider your other claims unverified.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I haven't ceded anything. Based on the fact that you can't easily provide evidence for your first claim, I consider your other claims unverified.

When in fact you did post an article that makes a claim that you cant back up... :lol:

5 minutes ago, soon said:

When in fact you did post an article that makes a claim that you cant back up... :lol:

It's a mainstream article account of the event. You haven't provided jack.

Edit: The article I posted said mace may have been used, but obviously they don't state it as fact because no one has a full accounting of what happened based on the available evidence.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Haha 1

In the video it definitely looks like the victim used mace. It's not clear if the shooter was already aiming at him with the gun.

Does that mean that the shooting was "justified"? No.

But I'm sure if the shooter was a cop, the posters here who have come up with all the potential extreme and overreaching scenarios that might "justify" the shooting of an unarmed man seven times in the back, would say that it was self defense and the cop (although supposedly trained for these situations) couldn't know if the victim didn't reach for a gun.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

He just doesn't want to be wrong. Leftistsim is based upon always trying to be right even when its obvious that they are wrong.

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

d overreaching scenarios that might "justify" the shooting of an unarmed man seven times in the back

What about the arrest warrant for Sexual and Domestic Assault and the fact he was at a house sexually assaulting a women and refused to be arrested while having a knife in the drivers seat of a car?

All of this is true btw

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

What about the arrest warrant for Sexual and Domestic Assault and the fact he was at a house sexually assaulting a women and refused to be arrested while having a knife in the drivers seat of a car?

All of this is true btw

This in no way justifies shooting him seven times in the back. Even in the U.S., where you have death penalty (the only western country that still has it), the cops are not authorized to be judges, juries and executioners, as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

This in no way justifies shooting him seven times in the back. Even in the U.S., where you have death penalty (the only western country that still has it), the cops are not authorized to be judges, juries and executioners, as far as I know.

So a guy trying to kill cops with a knife doesn't justify shooting :facepalm: 

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So a guy trying to kill cops with a knife doesn't justify shooting :facepalm: 

He didn't hold a knife at the moment he was shot and had his back turned to them.

But even if he was facing them holding a knife, it was a knife, not a firearm, and the cops should be trained to try and disarm someone with a knife before shooting him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He didn't hold a knife at the moment he was shot and had his back turned to them.

But even if he was facing them holding a knife, it was a knife, not a firearm, and the cops should be trained to try and disarm someone with a knife before shooting him.

You know knives can kill people right?  At what point does the cop start shooting in your opinion?  This thug should have followed the cop's orders and this never would have happened.   And don't forget how it all started.  A woman called the police because she was scared.