Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The American education system has failed these folks :lol:

when my mom went to high school there was all races who went to this school and everyone got the same education. But there were some minorities who skipped school to cause problems in the halls and attacked students. Who's fault was this?

At that time, the neighborhood people would get out and protests getting these trouble makers out of the school. Unfortunately, my mom's 4 years of high school was hell, but once they got rid of the truants and the dumb ass principal things got better.

Most education is free so it's up to you to go and get it. 

Honestly, all the people who have lots of money should go into these troubled neighborhoods and try to help these younger trouble kids to find a way out of their misery. It's out there you just have to take it.

We need more ways to keep trouble makers off the streets and give them something to have a future with. There are so many kids who came from trouble areas and made something of themselves. They need to give back and help others. Paying it forward when you can afford to do it is the way to help others who aren't so fortunate.

(Trump a few months ago) ''I'm an unpopular right-wing nationalist shit facing a wet lefty. If only there would be an existential threat to America in the form of a bunch of race-baiting American-hating anarchists trashing property and businesses?''. 

It literally couldn't be more perfect for Trump!

Edited by DieselDaisy

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

(Trump a few months ago) ''I'm an unpopular right-wing nationalist shit facing a wet lefty. If only there would be an existential threat to America in the form of a bunch of race-baiting American-hating anarchists trashing property and businesses?''

But what you're forgetting is that America was founded by anarchists.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''...a lot about plants with potent chemical properties''.

Like Eucalyptus!

I know the meme in this thread where Ace and Soul went off about how the founding fathers were anarchists according to the dictionary :lol:

Keep up, baldy!

EDIT: Oh shoot, that was the US politics thread, not this thread :headbang::lol:

Edited by soon

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Like Eucalyptus!

I know the meme in this thread where Ace and Soul went off about how the founding fathers were anarchists according to the dictionary :lol:

Keep up, baldy!

I didn't follow this particular conversation however the American revolutionaries were remarkably conservative people in many aspects, landowners (and yes, slave owners in some examples) who believed in the sanctimony of property, trade, representative government and law and order. Most were university educated and inherited British ''Whig'' political mores, e.g. John Locke, as well as the ideals of the Enlightenment and European classicism. Most of them came from the upper strata of colonial government and society, lawyers, bankers, land speculators, etc., although a ''middling'' mercantile class were also represented. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't follow this particular conversation however the American revolutionaries were remarkably conservative people in many aspects, landowners (and yes, slave owners in some examples) who believed in the sanctimony of property, trade, representative government and law and order. Most were university educated and inherited British ''Whig'' political mores, e.g. John Locke, as well as the ideals of the Enlightenment and European classicism. Most of them came from the upper strata of colonial government and society, lawyers, bankers, land speculators, etc., although a ''middling'' mercantile class were also represented. 

Great rhetoric!

I had the wrong thread - The meme I referenced is actually from the US politics thread. :facepalm::lol:

I agree with your post (which is why that other 'anarchist founding father' folly was so delicious! lol).

And even if the founding fathers weren't so shitty, an anarchist obviously wouldn't/couldnt found a state (lol).

Whats your top three founding fathers? 

1 minute ago, soon said:

Great rhetoric!

I had the wrong thread - The meme I referenced is actually from the US politics thread. :facepalm::lol:

I agree with your post (which is why that other 'anarchist founding father' folly was so delicious! lol).

And even if the founding fathers weren't so shitty, an anarchist obviously wouldn't/couldnt found a state (lol).

Whats your top three founding fathers? 

Of America? All should be trialed for treason to His Majesty George III. But speaking seriously, Hamilton, Washington - Washington because he hated political parties - and probably John Adams. Americans eulogise Jefferson more than Hamilton, but I believe America was made to resemble more Hamilton's vision rather than the vision Jefferson espoused, of agrarian democracy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Of America? All should be trialed for treason to His Majesty George III. But speaking seriously, Hamilton, Washington - Washington because he hated political parties - and probably John Adams. Americans eulogise Jefferson more than Hamilton, but I believe America was made to resemble more Hamilton's vision rather than the vision Jefferson espoused, of agrarian democracy. 

Its crazy to think that Hamilton was already rapping way back then.

Agrarian Democracy starts now! haha

Just now, soon said:

Its crazy to think that Hamilton was already rapping way back then.

Agrarian Democracy starts now! haha

Further on this, it is actually debatable whether it was even a democratic revolution seeing as most states had a franchise limited to male property holders (of the value x). It is estimated that only 6% of Americans were allowed to vote on the passing of the Constitution! When discussing both Britain and the nascent United States of this period, we always have to make a distinction between representative parliamentarianism and democracy as the two were distinct things, yet these days people fudge the two terms, parliamentarianism being used as basically a synonym for democracy and vice versa.

The Anglosphere at that time was basically a timocracy. Left-wing critics of the American Revolution I suppose might call it a ''Tory Revolution''?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Further on this, it is actually debatable whether it was even a democratic revolution seeing as most states had a franchise limited to male property holders (of the value x). It is estimated that only 6% of Americans were allowed to vote on the passing of the Constitution! When discussing both Britain and the nascent United States of this period, we always have to make a distinction between representative parliamentarianism and democracy as the two were distinct things, yet these days people fudge the two terms, parliamentarianism being used as basically a synonym for democracy and vice versa.

The Anglosphere at that time was basically a timocracy. Left-wing critics of the American Revolution I suppose might call it a ''Tory Revolution''?

Fascinating. One doesnt see timocracy mentioned much. 

All great points. Thats why we call Bernie the democratic wing of the democratic party.

13 hours ago, soon said:

Fascinating. One doesnt see timocracy mentioned much. 

All great points. Thats why we call Bernie the democratic wing of the democratic party.

Should point out that enfranchisement state-by-state commenced 1792 in line with Jeffersonian-Jacksonian democracy, and that by 1856 ''near'' universal white male suffrage had been achieved - ''near'', as tax-paying requirements remained in five states. This was fairly impressive and slightly in advance of Great Britain for instance who only disenfranchised a large significant segment of her working classes in 1867. Situation in United States of non-whites (including freed slaves and Native Americans) and women fluctuated state-by-state given historic context and geo-political complexion of state - it is all state-by-state and creates a complicated and ever shifting mosaic of voting eligibility until the following Amendments: 15th (1870), abolishing distinction of race/religion/servitude*; 19th (1920), female suffrage; 24th (1964), tax-assessment abolished; 26th (1971), 18 years old eligibility.

*Circumnavigated in south by Jim Crow laws (e.g. literacy and ''morality'' tests), electoral fraud and general voter intimidation until the civil rights era Voting Rights Act, 1965. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, Blackstar said:

Tragic.  As usual I will wait for all the facts to come out before forming a conclusion but if the boy was shot as an "unarmed autistic 13 year old" while "running away" from the police, during a mental breakdown...it's beyond disgusting. 

And regardless of what happens with this case that police department should be mandated to immediately put a "mental health unit" in place within their department.  (I would mandate such units be implemented everywhere but that obviously takes time.  Start with the police departments that have had issues with handling "mental health crisis'" in the past and go from there, imo).

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Like 1