Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

13 hours ago, soon said:

Yes, in my post I laid out that X was murdered before the Panthers formed. Is this becoming a meme, you not reading yet responding to my posts? :P I thought only liberals did that :lol::smiley-confused2:

Thanks for this great info!!

As I've said to you earlier: I don't always understand your posts - I have to confess. Sorry! As an apology I will produce a t-shirt recommendation for you courtesy of a well-know ultra woke racing car driver,

EiBH3KrWoAAP51q?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

https://m.facebook.com/JesseHolguinLexit/videos/1201820096851676/?sfnsn=mo&extid=1AvEIwQPn34pbO26

Good to know there are still people in the world with common sense.  I bet Candice Owens would agree with this guy.

There are a lot of black people who've spoken out against Black Lives Matter. The left cannot very well pelt them with ''racist'' like they do to white critics, but usually tell them (this is white people talking) ''how misguided they are'', and ''how they don't understand racism'' haha! And there is always the ''uncle Tom'' epithet. 

PS

Further: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/09/16/black-lives-matter-does-not-own-ethnic-minorities/

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

As I've said to you earlier: I don't always understand your posts - I have to confess. Sorry! As an apology I will produce a t-shirt recommendation for you courtesy of a well-know ultra woke racing car driver,

EiBH3KrWoAAP51q?format=jpg&name=900x900

Never do see "disabled power" on such lists.

Please ensure that all future t shirt recommendations are organic fair trade hemp, locally made, tie dyed, sleeveless and No Logo.

Actually, Id like you to make me a tie dye. Anything to keep you off of Twitter. You have two weeks.

Green Power To The People

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are a lot of black people who've spoken out against Black Lives Matter. The left cannot very well pelt them with ''racist'' like they do to white critics, but usually tell them (this is white people talking) ''how misguided they are'', and ''how they don't understand racism'' haha! And there is always the ''uncle Tom'' epithet. 

Maybe I fuckin' live in a different world to everybody else but when did this suddenly start happening that white lads could call black lads Uncle Toms and not get their fuckin' heads kicked in?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Maybe I fuckin' live in a different world to everybody else but when did this suddenly start happening that white lads could call black lads Uncle Toms and not get their fuckin' heads kicked in?

White people usually tell black people who don't support this shitshow that, ''they don't know anything about racism'', and that they ''need to be reeducated in unconscious bias'' or some other nonsense. ''Uncle Tom'' tends to get thrown at them by other black people, although I'm sure some whites have said it on twatter. Some chap, Calvin Robinson, who was criticizing the Diversity performance about two days ago on GMTV received the following on twitter - original interview and replies,

Literally, some of the worst racism springs from supporters of BLM! 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not surprised, have you ever met anybody with polio? :lol: (Len Cnut, Live from the Embassy Club, Teeside)

Im sure I dont understand your Brit references, da'ling. Because, you see, no one cares about England... but y'all make up for everyone elses disinterest :P:lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im sure I dont understand your Brit references, da'ling. Because, you see, no one cares about England... but y'all make up for everyone elses disinterest :P:lol:

Wasn’t really a reference there, just a comedy club, was making light of the shit humour :lol:  Kinda like going ‘thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all week!’

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Wasn’t really a reference there, just a comedy club, was making light of the shit humour :lol:  Kinda like going ‘thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all week!’

Dang it, I felt the need to clap back and thats the best I could come up with before coffee :lol: Im still gonna tell myself that youve been well roasted! :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

White people usually tell black people who don't support this shitshow that, ''they don't know anything about racism'', and that they ''need to be reeducated in unconscious bias'' or some other nonsense. ''Uncle Tom'' tends to get thrown at them by other black people, although I'm sure some whites have said it on twatter. Some chap, Calvin Robinson, who was criticizing the Diversity performance about two days ago on GMTV received the following on twitter - original interview and replies,

10 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I noticed how Downzy is completely absent from these points by DD and Len... 

What points would that be? That some black people don't agree they are victims of racism or that BLM is an important movement? Why would that even matter? We are not fighting against racism for those who don't care but for those who do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The thing about the whole white zealot thing for me is, like, OK, I'm probably not gonna put this well so bear with me.  Since this whole thing is essentially being worked out on racial lines, as a white zealot, how well like...positioned are you to pontificate about this shit?  Aren't you literally talking about yourself when you're talking about the opressors of the black man?  And your fathers and grandfathers and great grandfathers?  Should you really be the ones trying to put people right at this juncture?  It is, at very least, indicative of a sort of arrogance.  And if black empowerment is the thing then why are YOU the most vocal ones, surely you should be reserved and like...sitting back and sensitive to the fact that what you are supposed to be standing for is the black man getting a fair shake/getting his voice heard.  It seems counter-intuitive, with that being said, by you being the big mouth in the room.  Show your support by all means, stand up for that shit, lay your money down for that shit...but there's a fine line where you kinda start making it about yourself.  It reminds me of Brando at Wounded Knee and some of the Black Power shit where there was shootouts and shit and he was all fired up and ready to stand with them and die etc and they were like, no, just leave and got him out of there, saying that it was made clear to him that 'this ain't your fight'.  Its kinda a little like that.  Just chill back, let black organizations talk, let the black voice be heard.

And also, a lot of this piggybacking shit is weird.  Where BLM kinda morphs into like trans rights and gay rights and it became, what was that shit you were talkin' early, BAM?  Black Asian Minorities?  Its like a bunch of people co-opting this whole thing and its like hang on a second, whoose the primary wronged party here, where did this begin?  Black folks right, thats what this is supposed to be about?  So why is it not being allowed to be about that?  There's an awful lot of insensitivity and tactlessness and indiscretion to it all, to my mind.  I'm not saying those other parties don't deserve their voice being heard but...its not about that right now, is it?

I mean the whole urgency here, the whole like...reason for all this Direct Action type talk is that there is a direct and palpable and deadly form of oppression being prepetrated against black people, it seems that the focus is really easily lost about that by it suddenly becoming about a whole bunch of other shit.  It seems to detract somewhat from the fevered proclamations of those who claim that the aggressiveness of this whole this is due to it being about a pressing human rights issue, not that the others aren't pressing human rights issues but I mean REALLY pressing, as in people are getting killed on the streets type pressing.  And also, were the black community on the whole consulted (how does one consult a community? :lol:) about this movement, in their honour, along with them, suddenly becomes this multi-pronged thing? 

And this phoney fuckin' ragging on people who don't wanna get on board, excuse me but fuck you, thats fuckin' bullshit.  Why can't a person be in silent support?  Why can't a person sit or stand when they want to?  No its not a big deal and it don't hurt no one to make this little physical gesture but its the whole fuckin'...lack of choice, the hectoring, if you do that shit to people they'll fuckin' stand up one way or another, whether they are sincere or not, what do you want with a bunch of insincere support?  I know these words are thrown around a lot and I really hate that shit but fascist is not a bad description of that sort of behaviour.  I hate that shit, 'why are you not standing?', fuck you, who the fuck are you to fuckin' demand I sit stand or squat, I'll do what I fuckin' like, I'd love for someone to try to put it on me like that, I really would, things like that really wake up my aggressive side.

And I say this as someone firmly on the BLM side, the notion, the concept of what that sentence 'Black Lives Matter' entails and stands for, I don't know shit about the organization or the current movement or whatever but that notion, to me, is absolutely an honourable one.  Even been on a rally out in London (was coming out of the pub and there they were, why not join in? :lol:). 

And, as a side note, when I went on this BLM thing, I got to talking with one of the heads of the group and honestly, I really didn't feel like he knew much about recent issues, even in the London area, I'm talking about Mark Duggan, Smiley Culture (the two over whom the 2011 Tottenham riots started over), Stephen Laurence, Damiola, I was like 'look you gotta talk about these people and this stuff, these are like...kinda key touch points, especially Mark Duggan and Smiley cuz they were fairly recent and directly police related' and he was like 'i don't know who that is, why don't you do it?'.  Just made me think like, hang on, what are you actually out here protesting about? 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And also, a lot of this piggybacking shit is weird.  Where BLM kinda morphs into like trans rights and gay rights and it became, what was that shit you were talkin' early, BAM?  Black Asian Minorities?  Its like a bunch of people co-opting this whole thing and its like hang on a second, whoose the primary wronged party here, where did this begin?  Black folks right, thats what this is supposed to be about?  So why is it not being allowed to be about that?  There's an awful lot of insensitivity and tactlessness and indiscretion to it all, to my mind.  I'm not saying those other parties don't deserve their voice being heard but...its not about that right now, is it?

The original United States organisation which started the whole movement is sort of intrinsically linked with gay rights - two of the three founders are lesbians, and have campaigned prolifically on the subject of gay rights. From their manifesto,

queeraffirming.jpg?w=278&h=349

A lot of good points in the rest of your post. When a salute becomes mandatory, or is stipulated through intimidation, it ceases to be a voluntary endorsement. 

22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The thing about the whole white zealot thing for me is, like, OK, I'm probably not gonna put this well so bear with me.  Since this whole thing is essentially being worked out on racial lines, as a white zealot, how well like...positioned are you to pontificate about this shit?  Aren't you literally talking about yourself when you're talking about the opressors of the black man?  And your fathers and grandfathers and great grandfathers?  Should you really be the ones trying to put people right at this juncture? 

The ugliness of racism, which suppresses people for no good reason and cause conflicts, isn't affected by who says it, who they are and who their ancestors are, it is ugly period. That people should be disqualified for fighting against racism, or speaking out against racism, or standing and marching in solidarity to victims of racisms, simply because they haven't been victims of racism themselves or because they happen to belong to a group of people who tend to be racist towards others, is nonsensical to me. The validity of an opinion and value of an expression isn't colored by who says it, it stands on its own. 

29 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And also, a lot of this piggybacking shit is weird.  Where BLM kinda morphs into like trans rights and gay rights and it became, what was that shit you were talkin' early, BAM?  Black Asian Minorities?  Its like a bunch of people co-opting this whole thing and its like hang on a second, whoose the primary wronged party here, where did this begin?  Black folks right, thats what this is supposed to be about?  So why is it not being allowed to be about that? 

It's unfortunate when this happens because it dilutes the message, but kind of unavoidable for such a massive and disorganized movement as BLM.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And this phoney fuckin' ragging on people who don't wanna get on board, excuse me but fuck you, thats fuckin' bullshit.  Why can't a person be in silent support? 

Now you are buying into the propaganda that a lot of people are being ragged on for not marching, espoused by those who seek to undermine BLM. 

Again, BLM is a movement of people. Lots of people. It is UNAVOIDABLE that there will be elements of violence, elements of piggybacking, and elements of moronic attacks on those who refuse to take part. That's how we are. 

Having a principle that says you want to organize in a queer affirming space/manner is not the same as having a queer-rights focous in the work. It measn to fight for black lives, while being queer affirming in how you organize and engage with your peers and allies.

It says right there in the poster "BLM Principle: we are queer affirming." Theres no demand being made of the state or public. So I dont understadn how someone draws the conclusion the focous of BLM has shifted.

And yesterdays discussion about how previous black libers were homophobic ought to explain why this black lib groups wants to explicitly state that they are queer affirming.

1 minute ago, soon said:

Having a principle that says you want to organize in a queer affirming space/manner is not the same as having a queer-rights focous in the work. It measn to fight for black lives, while being queer affirming in how you organize and engage with your peers and allies.

It says right there in the poster "BLM Principle: we are queer affirming." Theres no demand being made of the state or public. So I dont understadn how someone draws the conclusion the focous of BLM has shifted.

And yesterdays discussion about how previous black libers were homophobic ought to explain why this black lib groups wants to explicitly state that they are queer affirming.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't know but maybe you can ask @dazey.  Last time I posted a video of the conservative twins (whom I adore) Dazey asked what the plural of Uncle Tom was.  It's a shame that when blacks don't conform to the lefts' views they're put down like they are but I welcome them on the right with open arms, peace and love.

As a black man, it is now almost impossible to stand up to the Black Lives Matter agenda

Having argued that Britain's Got Talent may not be the right forum for debates on race, I was accused of being a 'waterboy to fascism'

CALVIN ROBINSON16 September 2020 • 7:00pm

We always hear about how we need more black voices on television, so why is it that every time I appear on screen, I’m attacked for having the wrong opinions?

Earlier this week, I was asked to appear on breakfast television to comment on a performance on Britain’s Got Talent by the dance group Diversity that overtly promoted Black Lives Matter. I argued that it was inappropriately political for prime-time, pre-watershed family television. Talent shows are not the place to be tackling such matters, at least not without investing the time to address properly the issues or to provide some political balance.

I argued further that, while there is racism in the UK that needs to be stamped out, the narrative pushed by Black Lives Matter and its allies – that the whole country is afflicted by institutional racism – is both factually untrue and damaging to racial relations. I believe that it encourages people from backgrounds like mine to think they have no chance of succeeding in Britain, when in my experience the opposite is the case. Of course many people will disagree with me. But in a free society, it ought to be self-evident that people should be allowed to hold whatever opinion they wish.

In response, however, I received some of the worst abuse I’ve ever encountered on social media. I had countless messages on Twitter, calling me a race traitor and far worse. One professional athlete, part of Team GB no less, made a derogatory comment about my afro. Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu, an activist lawyer, said: “Something is very wrong with you”. A journalist and comedian demanded my arrest, while a leading Left-wing blogger called me a “waterboy to fascism”. Other messages, often from people who claim to be on the Left, threatened physical violence.

I am not the first person from an ethnic-minority background to have faced abuse for the sin of holding conservative opinions. But since the emergence of the Black Lives Matter movement, the issue seems to have become even more serious and stark, since some of the abuse comes from self-styled anti-racism campaigners.

In large part, this is a consequence of the rise of a new and divisive ideology. So-called critical race theory (CRT) arose out of universities in the United States, but has since become influential here in the UK. Purporting to be anti-racist, it holds that white people are naturally privileged and black people are naturally oppressed. It’s a theory that encourages a victimhood mentality and assigns blame for many complex societal issues solely on the basis of race.

Proponents of this ideology will have you believe that the UK is a structurally racist country. It is no good to offer any evidence to the contrary. CRT includes a catch-all clause: if a white person doesn’t seem outwardly racist, they must be unconsciously so. Or they might be suffering from a “post-truth mentality” or be blind to their “privilege”. Or, in my case, I must either be a traitor to my skin colour or suffering from a false consciousness that has to be “called out”, and my opinions cancelled.

If you follow the logic of CRT, therefore, it is literally impossible to disagree. Never mind that, as a teacher, I saw evidence all the time that suggests black African kids outperform their white counterparts throughout their time in school and are twice as likely to go to university. Or that our issues are very different to those in the United States. None of this gets a look in.

I happen to believe that this is one of the most diverse, tolerant and inclusive nations in the world, if not the most. But I’m open to debate on the matter; I’m willing to learn why I might be wrong. However, my opponents seem to think it is enough to shout me down, and discount my opinions based on a warped ideology that judges me purely based on my immutable characteristics. That isn’t diversity. It certainly isn’t equality. Above all, it is inimical to the freedom of speech that is our best hope of resolving amicably the debates that otherwise threaten to tear our society apart.

Calvin Robinson is a school governor and former assistant principal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/16/black-man-now-almost-impossible-stand-black-lives-matter-agenda/

• Like 1