Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

4 minutes ago, soon said:

A very Murican analysis. 1A v 2A and the gun wins.

You squarely blamed authorities a post or two back.

Again, the authorities were not "absent" they were containing a situation to protect the balance of 1A, public order, the health an safety of all involved and many other factors. People who showed up to larp as cops fucked it all up. 

As a law and order advocate, you will agree with me that this vigilantism must be met with force. Authorities need to use an iron fist to send a message and put a stop to it. All militias need to be immediately raided and audited.

I would give the authorities the lions share of the blame for letting the situation escalate to this level, but the Rambo's and Rioters are not without their share of blame.

You are a tactical statist. You want the state to RICO all your enemies, but none of the groups on your side. Very telling. A state should be looking at groups that plan violent acts, that doesn't mean they just look at groups with one particular point of view.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

I’m about as confused as you are.  You are conflating two entirely separate issues.

One issue is that it’s beyond clear that the police shot a man in the back.  Everyone can see that. 

The other issue is the way it is described to a population  when you already know they will see the video.

Do you prefer a  head of state that does not care about bringing their communities together or would you prefer a head of state that will at least try to bring them together, despite an incredibly tragic event? 

Bring who together? Those that think it is wrong for the police to shoot people in the back and those who don't? Again, who do you think the governor's tweet are dividing? Who are the people who would have a problem with a Governor condemning the police for another awful murder? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

You are a tactical statist. You want the state to RICO all your enemies, but none of the groups on your side. Very telling. A state should be looking at groups that plan violent acts, that doesn't mean they just look at groups with one particular point of view.

No, I was clearly making a provocative statement about the use and application of state force. You want the state to not lets things escalate. Militia types are killing. According to your logic, the full weight of the system must immediately be applied. They cant let things get any further out of control.

Its not my logic, its your logic.

47 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump is orchestrating it to further his narrative. 

I'm not too sure.These kind of groups have their leaders. They organize this kind of crap in social media

35 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This narrative is tired. Whenever these types of flash points occur, you're going to get people coming in from other areas on different sides to be in the thick of it. Everybody has access to some type of transportation, this isn't the 1800's. We can wine about it all we like, but it's just a fact of life.

It doesn't make sense to travel to another city to join a riot. You can start a riot in your own town. Or join a riot that is already taking place. It would make sense if people organize peaceful demostration in D.C. like they did in the 60s. In this case, get in a bus and travel there.

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think alot of police are afraid to interfere now with all the shootings. It's like whatever some police do, will be wrong. How can you do a good job with this hanging over your head?

Policed fucked it up when they shot Blake

angry mobs, make the sound like shaking a jar full of iron bolts: meaningless and stupid. In angry mobs, otherwise completely useless individuals feel part of a powerfull (yet meaningless, stupid) entity. As long as these useless individuals remain part of the mob, they retain their power. But as soon as the stupid individual (sporting a low angled forehead that quickly decreases in size) is singled out, and need to stand on their own merit, and when asked for justification, he blurts out some undefined mumblings. 

31 minutes ago, soon said:

No, I was clearly making a provocative statement about the use and application of state force. You want the state to not lets things escalate. Militia types are killing. According to your logic, the full weight of the system must immediately be applied. They cant let things get any further out of control.

Its not my logic, its your logic.

But why do you want to send the forces of the state against only one named group (militia's)? Why not send the powers of the state against black block anarchists too? I said that the state should be going after any group (regardless of affiliation) that is threatening to do active violence and has means to do so.

59 minutes ago, Padme said:

Policed fucked it up when they shot Blake

Nope!

He resisted arrest and there was an  open warrant for his arrest for sexual abuse and domestic violence which he served jailed time. But yeah lets ignore the favt that he also was in the middle of committing robbery on another women who was black.

Facts matter people .

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

But why do you want to send the forces of the state against only one named group (militia's)? Why not send the powers of the state against black block anarchists too? I said that the state should be going after any group (regardless of affiliation) that is threatening to do active violence and has means to do so.

Dude. I dont want that. :lol: I will repeat, I was making a point about your logic, not mine.

I will try to be more literal for you moving forward.

The newspaper reported that a woman living in the 2800 block of 40th Street told police in May that Blake, her ex-boyfriend, had come into her home and taken her car keys and vehicle. She also said he had touched her sexually without consent.

It's not clear if the officers who arrived at an address in the same block shortly after 5 p.m. on Sunday were aware of those charges. The Kenosha Police Department has been contacted for comment.

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-black-criminal-record-details-kenosha-shooting-1527708

Crimes committed by Blake during the  shooting

1.Robbery

2.Sexual Assault

3.Resisting Arrest

4.Disorderly  Conduct

5.Assaulting police officers

6. Disturbing the Peace

Any more?

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

I love how those who fear "anarchists" that want to defund the police went ahead and rejected state and law enforcements authorities and replaced the cops with themselves. :lol: Thats a 100% defunding by people fitting the common (erroneous) usage of the term "anarchist."

What a juicy and hilarious contradiction!! :lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So just going to ignore the fact that there was an open shooting in Wisconsin Last Night eh?

Title was fine

Nope!

He resisted arrest and there was an  open warrant for his arrest for sexual abuse and domestic violence which he served jailed time. But yeah lets ignore the favt that he also was in the middle of committing robbery on another women who was black.

Facts matter people .

First of all, I don't know where did you get that. Where is the source? Second even if all you said  is true. The guy was unarmed. He opened the door of his car and he was shot in back SEVEN  times. Don't you think that one shot in his leg for example would be more than enough?

Maybe I'm naive here pertaining to firearms but I have oft wondered why they don't just shoot someone, who they deem is acting suspicious and potentially reaching for a firearm, in the leg. Seven times in the back? You hold a gun and therefore hold all the cards! 

Just now, Padme said:

First of all, I don't know where did you get that. Where is the source? Second even if all you said  is true. The guy was unarmed. He opened the door of his car and he was shot in back SEVEN  times. Don't you think that one shot in his leg for example would be more than enough?

They are Wisconsin Court Records. He also had a knife

Doesn't matter if he is unarmed. Police officers are trained to think that anyone going to their car after assaulting a police officer  and resisting arrest while committing robbery and sexual assault will have a weapon. The guy who is wanted for sexual assault is also getting into a car with young kids  will also never be allowed near kids.

If he didn't resist arrest or assault a police officer he wouldn't have gotten shot. Also listen to the 911 audio tape i posted above.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe I'm naive here pertaining to firearms but I have oft wondered why they don't just shoot someone, who they deem is acting suspicious and potentially reaching for a firearm, in the leg. Seven times in the back? You hold a gun and therefore hold all the cards! 

The other guy may have a gun and then you end up dead has happend many times.

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The other guy may have a gun and then you end up dead has happend many times.

Seven times in the back?

If you have a gun pointed at his back, he would have to,

- get gun from car

- turn around and point

-fire

All in a shorter space of time than it would take you to simply fire!

7 minutes ago, soon said:

I love how those who fear "anarchists" that want to defund the police went ahead and rejected state and law enforcements authorities and replaced the cops with themselves. :lol: Thats a 100% defunding by people fitting the common (erroneous) usage of the term "anarchist."

What a juicy and hilarious contradiction!! :lol::lol:

Actually I think it was a more delicious contradiction that the rioters were yelling for the cops to do something about the guy with the AR who had just shot the people who were attacking him. Defund the cops until you need 'em right?!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Cops are trained to shoot centre mass, because if the threat is so severe as to warrant the use of firearms then the person - within the internal logic - must be neutralized.

In this case its very obvious what should have happened. If the officer had in mind "If he opens the car door I need to shoot" then he should have tackled the man before he reached the car. 

But he was too pussy, as further underscored by the number of shots in the back - 7!!! Its racism manifest as fear.

Actually I think it was a more delicious contradiction that the rioters were yelling for the cops to do something about the guy with the AR who had just shot the people who were attacking him. Defund the cops until you need 'em right?!

Dont worry they will have social workers responding to the guy with an AR 15

• Haha 1

I think you also dont understand the defund demand. Its about only funding the logical uses of cops. Saving peoples lives from a murderer is one of the logical uses. Calling for anyone with firepower to meet the murderer makes perfect sense. Its really straightforward.

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're always trained to aim for the centre of mass basically. Best chance of hitting something.

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose the cop would argue that once he's turned around to the point where the gun is visible it may already be too late.

46 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

there was an  open warrant for his arrest for sexual abuse and domestic violence which he served jailed time. But yeah lets ignore the favt that he also was in the middle of committing robbery on another women who was black.

Facts matter people .

Facts do matter.

The cops were not aware of his open warrant.  Even if they were, it still doesn't justify being shot in the back seven times. 

11 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Totally rational to do a jump kick at a man with an AR, lol these dudes are definitely Darwin award winners for 2020.

https://twitter.com/2gether_WeRise/status/1298740848969035776/photo/1

Totally rational to bring an AR to a protest/riot in your efforts to support the cops.  

Totally rational to support the cops in this situation. 

• Like 1