Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Totally rational to bring an AR to a protest/riot in your efforts to support the cops.  

Totally rational to support the cops in this situation. 

This is the specimen in question. So back to my comments about gun control eh? :rolleyes: 

5f468f9789aff80028ab8153?width=700&forma 

And there he is in the front row. How shocking! :lol: 

sub-buzz-17455-1598479112-15.png?downsiz

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

Just now, Dazey said:

If it was in his SUV he was unarmed. Duh! :rolleyes: 

Wrong. If someone has fucking gun in their car and they go get it the police have a right to defend themselves. Turns out Blake was reaching for his weapon. 

During the investigation following the initial incident, Mr. Blake admitted that he had a knife in his possession. DCI agents recovered a knife from the driver’s side floorboard of Mr. Blake’s vehicle. A search of the vehicle located no additional weapons.

ABlake was leaning into his vehicle where investigators say they later found a knife. Blake told authorities during the investigation that he had a knife in his vehicle

https://wkow.com/2020/08/26/investigators-name-officer-who-shot-jacob-blake-knife-found-in-blakes-vehicle/

Welp this case is open and shuit

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Bring who together? Those that think it is wrong for the police to shoot people in the back and those who don't? Again, who do you think the governor's tweet are dividing? Who are the people who would have a problem with a Governor condemning the police for another awful murder? 

I'm not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse but I've explained it in great detail in this thread and the other thread.

Heads of state should always do whatever it takes in order to avoid further violence.   If you think his initial tweet was intended to avoid further violence (riots, lootings, further shootings) I have news for you....it wasn't.   

You would be here screaming your head off if Trump tweeted "i don't know all the details but another white cop was just shot and killed by a black man". 

I've had this same discussion with at least two dozen people and every single person understands how stupid that tweet was.   Please stop this nonsense already.

Maybe you don't understand it because the culture and demographics of the U.S. is vastly different than Norway's but that tweet to the average American said, "I don't care about the details but another black man was shot by police.  Do what you need to do".  

And that's exactly how BLM took it.  They went out and burned half the town down.  The next day Armed Militias went out and "defended" the town to the tune of 2 dead kids and another 2 critically injured.   All around horrific situation and the governor did not even try to prevent further violence initially.  (At least not initially). 

Now Trump is taking over.  We'll see how many more are killed there from this point forward. ;) 

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Heads of state should always do whatever it takes in order to avoid further violence.   If you think his tweet was intended to avoid further violence (riots, lootings, further shootings) I have news for you....you're wrong.  2 young  adults were killed.  Shame on you. 

Why? 

He saw what we all saw. Ignoring reality will not diffuse the rage many people are feeling.

Two young adults were killed by a deranged 17 year old who can be seen front row at a Trump rally and was an avid “blue lives matter” nutter. That has nothing to do with Governor Evers’s tweet. 

15 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

You would be here screaming your head off if Trump tweeted "i don't know all the details but another white cop was just shot and killed by a black man". 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

16 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I've had this same discussion with at least two dozen people and every single person understands how stupid that tweet was.   Please stop this nonsense already.

Then you spend too much time with stupid people. Oh right, you live in Florida.

17 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Maybe you don'understand it because the culture and demographics of the U.S. is vastly different than Norway's but that tweet to the average American said, "I don't care about the details but another black man was shot by police.  Do what you need to do". 

Except that’s not what it said. How you got that from Evers’ comments is absurd.

19 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

And that's exactly how BLM took it.  They went out and burned half the town down.  The next day Armed Militias went out and "defended" the town to the tune of 2 dead kids and another 2 critically injured.   All around horrific situation and the governor did not even try to prevent further violence. 

LOL...

I was attempting to respond with a serious response to this point but I just can’t.

All I can get out is a lol.

21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Now Trump is taking over.  We'll see how many more are killed there from this point forward.

Just buy the red hat and get it over with. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

Why? 

He saw what we all saw. Ignoring reality will not diffuse the rage many people are feeling.

Two young adults were killed by a deranged 17 year old who can be seen front row at a Trump rally and was an avid “blue lives matter” nutter. That has nothing to do with Governor Evers’s tweet. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

Then you spend too much time with stupid people. Oh right, you live in Florida.

Except that’s not what it said. How you got that from Evers’ comments is absurd.

LOL...

I was attempting to respond with a serious response to this point but I just can’t.

All I can get out is a lol.

Just buy the red hat and get it over with. 

LOL.

I've already responded in great detail "why".  Should a head of state advocate for non-violence among his people?  YES or NO?

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

I've already responded in great detail "why".  Should a head of state advocate for non-violence among his people?  YES or NO?

Evers’ acknowledgement of the crime isn’t an incitement for violence.

Not sure how you could see it otherwise. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Evers’ acknowledgement of the crime isn’t an incitement for violence.

Not sure how you could see it otherwise. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

@Ace Nova

Satisfied?

He has been mostly advocating for "peace" since his disastrous original tweet.  He amended his original tweet after tweeting it and replaced it with "more appropriate" tweets. 

He knew it was a mistake and he changed it.  I commend him for acknowledging his mistake and taking appropriate actions to correct it.  (Even if it was a day or two after the riots started).

The irony is that he agrees with me (that his original tweet could have been harmful) and with all the stupid people that live in Florida.    Comments like that are exactly why Trump won in 2020....and if the left keeps it up, you'll be crying for 4 more years.  :P

Edited by Ace Nova

14 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

The irony is that he agrees with me (that his original tweet could have been harmful) and with all the stupid people that live in Florida.    Comments like that are exactly why Trump won in 2020....and if the left keeps it up, you'll be crying for 4 more years.  :P

It’s your funeral... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

It’s your funeral... 

:huh:

And I should have said "he amended" his original tweet after he tweeted it and eventually advocated for peace a few days later.  But I still commend him for advocating for peace (even if it was after the first night or two of riots).