Fortus says there was only a "brief moment" of chemistry in NuGNR

8 minutes ago, Nesret said:

CAUTION (personal opinion ahead)
I don't enjoy seeing Fortus on stage and never did. This never ending over the top guitar-spinning... Hitting the strings as if they owed him money while jumping around constantly, combined with his hipster-style and these fucking Gretsch guitars which look as if they were made for church-gigs exclusively. Doesn't do anything for me, I always feel embarrassed when I watch him on stage. 

Ah.. now I feel better, which is pathetic, but who cares.

Did I write that? If not, those are exactly what I would have written. On my second fake-GNR gig I decided to not pay any attention to him (and mostly anyone else) anymore and only watch Axl. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nesret said:

I don't enjoy seeing Fortus on stage and never did. This never ending over the top guitar-spinning... Hitting the strings as if they owed him money while jumping around constantly, combined with his hipster-style and these fucking Gretsch guitars which look as if they were made for church-gigs exclusively. Doesn't do anything for me, I always feel embarrassed when I watch him on stage. 

I love Richards guitar collection, really cool stuff. His stage moves came across to me as just that - it's not really natural, more poser-ish. He's dangerously close to DJ Assba in that regard.

As a whole, they're just not that cool to watch anymore. Slash with his weird Chuck Berry hopping and all that.

I don't know man, Joe Perry for example looks way cooler on stage now in comparison to the Guns guys. Oh well, it's just one more thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Yep. I get even more distracted by his whole edgy thing he does too. He used to do it even more, where he takes a gothic kind of facial expression and brings his guitar pick to his mouth. Making it all dramatic when he strikes the next chord. Like a vampire or something lol.

on the recent selects during coma when he has a break, he does the updated, less over the top version of this, where he croutches at the front of the stage gazing with a serious scowl at the mass of people. Like ‘ it’s about to get all evil up in here, be warned’ haha

Edited by soon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nesret said:

I don't mind the Gretsch guitars (Frank Sidoris has used some also) but I agree with everything else. Poser is a good word for him (even if he is a good player). 

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

His stage moves came across to me as just that - it's not really natural, more poser-ish. He's dangerously close to DJ Assba in that regard.

This is another article where 4tus talks about working with the different members:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/richard_fortus_admits_slash__duff_struggled_to_adapt_to_new_gnr_drummer_during_reunion_says_buckethead_definitely_can_be_difficult_to_work_with.html

Ignore the clickbait-y title, whilst he does make that comment about Bucket, he also praises his skill/musicality and ability to make the three guitar set-up work so well.

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I love Richards guitar collection, really cool stuff. His stage moves came across to me as just that - it's not really natural, more poser-ish. He's dangerously close to DJ Assba in that regard.

As a whole, they're just not that cool to watch anymore. Slash with his weird Chuck Berry hopping and all that.

I don't know man, Joe Perry for example looks way cooler on stage now in comparison to the Guns guys. Oh well, it's just one more thing.

There is nothing cool about GnR anymore. GnR were cool from 85-91. Then Axl was mysteriously cool from 97-2010. From 2011 it's just been a try hard circus. 2016 wasn't what we hoped for in a reunion. And no new music. Dead band

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

There is nothing cool about GnR anymore. GnR were cool from 85-91. Then Axl was mysteriously cool from 97-2010. From 2011 it's just been a try hard circus. 2016 wasn't what we hoped for in a reunion. And no new music. Dead band

Pretty much though I'd slightly change the dates:

'85-September '91 for the (mostly) original lineup.

Axl: '94 - 2006 . 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Same, although the excitement of the reunion was mostly gone by 2018 for me.

Not for me. I'm always going to be excited for when they come around the NJ/NYC area. Recently, I have been given the power of attorney to make medical decisions for a family member. As a result, I'm not sure if  I'll always be able to attend a concert. I hope that  nothing comes up when GNR is in this area so that I can attend.  However, dealing with someone who is elderly and recently begun having health issues, you never know.