RIP Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther Star)

rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Turns out he also played Jackie Robinson in a movie a few years back, and today, the day of his death, just so happens to also be Jackie Robinson Day 2020.

I'm really sad. I didn't know he was batlling cancer. He was so young. :cry: I love the Jackie Robinson movie 42

5 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm really sad. I didn't know he was batlling cancer. He was so young. :cry: I love the Jackie Robinson movie 42

Yeah he was diagnosed in 2016 but chose to keep his cancer private for all this years. He secretly did chemotherapy sessions in between filming his movies.

I was in shock and still am when I read this news. He was fighting colon cancer for 4 years. So sad.

A doctor is fighting for black men especially to get tested for colon cancer at an earlier age than 50, when most people can get a free colon test. This is the second most disease that kills Americans after heart disease. I lost both grandparents to this disease. It is a terrible way to die.

I feel for his wife and family. This man was acting all the while when he went through surgeries and chemo and never said a word to anyone. 

Too young to leave too soon.

RIP Chadwick! he made history with his movies and will always be remembered how his movies inspired many young black kids to strive for their dreams.

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Turns out he also played Jackie Robinson in a movie a few years back, and today, the day of his death, just so happens to also be Jackie Robinson Day 2020.

How ironic is that? He also played the great James Brown and the judge Marshall as well as Black Panther. 

Lost another good person and another cool actor.

• 2 weeks later...

The death certificate said "organ failure". I didn't know Chadwick actually had his colon removed 4 years ago. I think now you only wear a bag for about 6 months or so and then another surgery is done to re-connect the rectum to your smaller intestine.

This guy went through hell and back and yet he did all those movies without complaining.  It still is very sad to think he's gone and what amazing things he would have done both on the screen and off it.