'Not in this Lifetime' Selects - Overview

4 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

2016 is what I’d expect from Gn’R on a regular basis. I’m not asking for Houston levels, but this is pretty standard and reasonable.

They are totally capable of getting to this level again, even Axl. 

I agree, this is pretty good and worth the money.

• Like 1

What the fuck? It's been on?! 

So they put 12pm UK time, I tune in then, assume they meant to put 12am, so I'm sitting here waiting for it to hit midnight.....and it's already happened! 

Good grief. How hard IS it to put the time?! Ah well. Here goes then......

• Haha 1

Twat...

Axl sounded as good as he could be in 16!!!

But Slash... Why Slash? What's the big deal to learn the song in a proper way?

The song sound confusing just because he flies  trough the whole song with bad note choices...

The same thing with This I Love, Catcher... To play like this it's better let Richard play the leads for the epic Chinese songs

This select was goog to stop the "Steven can play the songs better than Frank"

These days he simply cant

Just now, allwaystired said:

What the fuck? It's been on?! 

So they put 12pm UK time, I tune in then, assume they meant to put 12am, so I'm sitting here waiting for it to hit midnight.....and it's already happened! 

Good grief. How hard IS it to put the time?! Ah well. Here goes then......

Told you it was 10pm ;-)

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Twat...

Axl sounded as good as he could be in 16!!!

But Slash... Why Slash? What's the big deal to learn the song in a proper way?

The song sound confusing just because he flies  trough the whole song with bad note choices...

The same thing with This I Love, Catcher... To play like this it's better let Richard play the leads for the epic Chinese songs

This select was goog to stop the "Steven can play the songs better than Frank"

These days he simply cant

I’ve yet to watch the video but based on previous attempts it’s a good shout for Richard to have a blast at certain ones - even sporadically change it up and alternate the solos.

Good Mix….check

Good footage….check 

Good performances….check

Cant ask for much more than that - last couple of Selects have been pretty great IMO.  Credit where credit is due….certainly seems like notes have been taken by someone over the criticisms. No coincidence it’s 2016 stuff that’s killer - based on the footage in this they have loads of good video in the can (some of the early videos were dodgy screen feed stuff).

Probably being greedy now but some stuff from Dodger or more from Houston would be lovely jubbly.

To be honest we are now at the point where we can cobble together a pretty sweet ‘soundtrack’ of the tour with great performances.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

Man, that was good!

TWAT was the highlight for sure! Really solid. The first solo was kind of weak, but the outro one was how you'd expect Slash to sound playing that solo. You can tell that he actually learned the original and then did his thing. Axl was on point

The kick on Don't Cry sounded distracting, in a bad way.

YCBM from Chile was cool. I was there, I liked how they didn't stop the song to ask the fans to take a step back.

YCBM sounds awfully weak. Axl's thin vocals do nothing for the song. Used to be a showcase now it's just a lost case.

On the other hand, TWAT takes the spot as the best example of how this band could sound like.

Rest is cruise speed. Slash does shine here and there.