'Not in this Lifetime' Selects - Overview

3 minutes ago, hollywood_democracy said:

Some of Axl's vocals seem to be overdubs or at least from performances - they don't always sync up well (the voice continues after the mouth stops). Take a look at the vocal change 15:40, definitely a copy and paste job, and not a great one. 

Looks normal to me - that's also how he tackles the vocal change each show too.

3 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Man, that was good!

TWAT was the highlight for sure! Really solid. The first solo was kind of weak, but the outro one was how you'd expect Slash to sound playing that solo. You can tell that he actually learned the original and then did his thing. Axl was on point

The kick on Don't Cry sounded distracting, in a bad way.

YCBM from Chile was cool. I was there, I liked how they didn't stop the song to ask the fans to take a step back.

Sorry if we can be sure that Slash didn't learn the music much less the solo. Best part of the song is the solo and Slash shit it in an arrogant and amateur way. If it's to play like that, let 4fortus play the solos.
TWA's solo is a work of art and deserves to be respected.
Slash spoils all the solos in Chinise's songs it seems like it's on purpose and slutty.

Edited by KIKOZ3

as much as i like seeing an adler proshot of my michelle, seems like he clould do with some practice with. metronome. There were some rather odd tempo fluctuations (that are entirely absent on the album versions)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Sorry if we can be sure that Slash didn't learn the music much less the solo. Best part of the song is the solo and Slash shit it in an arrogant and amateur way. If it's to play like that, let 4fortus play the solos.

Slash spoils all the solos in Chinise's songs it seems like it's on purpose and slutty.

This is idiotic. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dean said:

I really enjoyed There Was A Time. Best of the tour? 

There was one from NYC or somewhere around there that was really good too.

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Aside from the drums being too loud on the Frank songs, these were pretty damn good!

SCOM was unexpectedly great! Didn't remember Slash using a SG on My Michelle

I think it was the only time he pulled out the SG for that song.

Still holding out for OTGM Cincinnati with Steven (and MM would be cool too). Best moment of the entire NITL reunion experience.

I haven't watched all of it yet, just the first 2 songs, so I'll share my thoughts later after seeing the whole thing. 

57 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think it was the only time he pulled out the SG for that song.

Still holding out for OTGM Cincinnati with Steven (and MM would be cool too). Best moment of the entire NITL reunion experience.

I haven't watched all of it yet, just the first 2 songs, so I'll share my thoughts later after seeing the whole thing. 

Better was excellent IMO - one of the best versions I have heard in a long time and certainly the best on any NITL stuff.

Edited by DTJ80

I will say that TWAT was quite good, but the rest of the set was a bit of a yoyo situation "he's bad here, oh he sounded alright on that bit of the 2nd verse, bad again, wow that was great etc" it's another 5/10 Selects. Brownstone was crap, YCBM is a bizarre one to include when they stop after chorus 1... he actually did sound better on verse II though so maybe we should push like crazy on the barriers during YCBM going forward at shows😄

11 hours ago, hollywood_democracy said:

Some of Axl's vocals seem to be overdubs or at least from performances - they don't always sync up well (the voice continues after the mouth stops). Take a look at the vocal change 15:40, definitely a copy and paste job, and not a great one. 

What a ridiculous thing to say.  

His breath control is terrible. He’s trying his best but he can’t sing even one song properly from start to finish. These performances are better than the ones from 2017-2020 but that is not saying much. It’s still not great, it’s decent at best.

Otherwise, very cool selects. My Michelle with Adler was awesome and SCOM sounded surprisingly good.

9 hours ago, KIKOZ3 said:

I agree with some aspects of this but what's with the formatting? Makes the post hard to read. 

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Didn't remember Slash using a SG on My Michelle

Yeah, and only yesterday I learned that he used that exact model on Appetite for that song. Very interesting. 

(I was searching for the guitar he used on the Lies' version of You're Crazy, and didn't find anything. Sounds like a strat to me. I recorded a cover with my LP and the singlecoil simulation effect and sounded closer)

7 hours ago, Mendez said:

as much as i like seeing an adler proshot of my michelle, seems like he clould do with some practice with. metronome. There were some rather odd tempo fluctuations (that are entirely absent on the album versions)

Agree. It was fun, but he had a lot of pacing problems, he even had to add an extra beat at the ending.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

You mean proshot or just soundboard recording?

12 hours ago, hollywood_democracy said:

Not even a remote possibility of this having a grain of truth.

They probably just synced the video off on spots. 

IF (biggest if I have ever given) this was gnr editing Axls voice they did an awful job in making him look good.

To summarise, not a hope in hell 🤣

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just breezed through the latest one. First one I've watched since the first one, I think. Maybe I watched another one and forgot. In any case, I thought it was decent overall. 

You absolutely need to watch the Houston/Mexico 2016 one in that case! Brasilia 2016 too but the Houston one was ACE!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eggers said:

I wish Axl took signing lessons. Not a dis, just wish he had a coach to help him get back what he had.

I'm the same way. I'm a big Axl supporter and I just wish he could do something to get the rasp back in the voice. 

He's said before it hurts him to sing that way though. I also remember a post from a vocal coach on HTGTH years ago saying that that was probably an unhealthy way to sing. Sadly, I think it may be gone forever. Might be too much of a physical strain to do it.

I watched the whole thing now. I'm sorry but it all sounds like shit to me because of the vocals. The only moments that are listenable are the "deep voice" sections (Brownstone, Don't cry), everything else sounds ridiculous. 

Slash's TWAT solo sounds ok at best, quite amateurish and a far cry from Bucketheads work on the album or any live version before Slash.

Edited by El Guapo