'Not in this Lifetime' Selects - Overview

31 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Haha yeah. I try not to take sides with the CD material. I like the studio versions a lot. I mean, come on, Finck and Buckethead were fucking amazing on the leads on that album. I think Better is... better with the simple, yet cool intro and Slash's solo. There Was a Time had some room for improvement, but seeing as they didn't play it much, I think Slash did a damn good job on the solo. I'm a player of nearly 20 years and can appreciate it from a guitarist perspective. Not perfect with T.W.A.T., but all things considered, pretty damn awesome. 

It's no secret that CD isn't my favorite album but songs like Better, TWAT and Sorry are blessed with amazing guitar work, no doubt.

Fincks Better solo from the studio recording is superior to Slash's live renditions imo. And while his takes on TWAT and Sorry aren't perfect - the studio solos of Buckethead are virtuosic and great - Slash put his own spin on them and made them great by playing them in his style. And I just love the Slash style. It's raw and it's bluesy, and it's rock n' roll. It belongs to GNR.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Going to have a listen now, don't think I've actually seen a decent version of better. 

Also FYI all, someone post proshot RIR 2017 on YouTube a couple days ago. Watch it before it gets pulled:) 

No links due to a vague recollection that it breaks the rules. 

Some might argue it deserves to be pulled! 🤣

Apart from a couple of tracks, it’s a very bad gig that folk should not see. Which is super irritating seeing there is a lack of pro-shot footage from NITL.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Going to have a listen now, don't think I've actually seen a decent version of better. 

Also FYI all, someone post proshot RIR 2017 on YouTube a couple days ago. Watch it before it gets pulled:) 

No links due to a vague recollection that it breaks the rules. 

You need to check the pro shots from 2006 or some of the cameraphone footage from 2009/2010 even the the 2011 and 2012 proshots were quite good London/Vegas

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm ready for the next NITL Selects Video. What do you think when will come the next video. I want to hear Hard Skool the first performance and Absurd

Noo the 1st performance is the worst, the last one is the one you want.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm ready for the next NITL Selects Video. What do you think when will come the next video. I want to hear Hard Skool the first performance and Absurd

The first performance was awful... they could make a decent Selects from the last show in Florida though. Hardschool, Absurd, You're Crazy, I Wanna Be Your Dog, maybe 1 or 2 others...

1 hour ago, Alexmee239 said:

Listening to TWAT on the selects gives me chills to this day. Unreal how good Axl sounded in 2016 and people still complained. Nowadays the same people are defending his atrocious 2021 vocals.

Well, he sounds bad at the beginning but awesome at the end. I like this version too.

7 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

Listening to TWAT on the selects gives me chills to this day. Unreal how good Axl sounded in 2016 and people still complained. Nowadays the same people are defending his atrocious 2021 vocals.

I wouldn’t say atrocious…definitely inconsistent though from song to song. I’m glad when I see them next year it’s a fair few gigs into the run which also helps.

Edited by DTJ80

19 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

HS and Absurd were not played during NITL tour though so I doubt we’ll get them in a Selects, maybe in a different video

I‘d still love to see Patience from Glendale 2016, that one kicked ass!

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Just rewatched parts of the Latin America selects and what the band starts playing at the 19:02 min. mark had so much potential to become a new bluesy GNR track. Unbelievable. Another missed opportunity. 

Hopefully they kept that in mind and will use it when Axl's in the mood...

That would sound way too cool to be a new GNR song… but agreed. 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:28 PM, Alexmee239 said:

The end was definetly a highlight. Slash's rendition was awesome. My favourite take on any Chinese's song.

2 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Snippet of OTGM from Singapore '17 posted on Facebook.

I posted it in Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion Thread.

Also Paradise City snippet from last show in 2021 and Attitude snippet for Axl's and Duff's birthday.

Edited by We love Axl Rose

• 3 months later...