'Not in this Lifetime' Selects - Overview

1 hour ago, koldweather said:

Its going to have something from Mexico 2016, well at least one song.

the copyright tags which show what songs are in it shows twat 

We know the only time it was played in Latin America was 20.04.2016.

It may end up having several different clips, but twat at least is from Mexico City. 

To be fair - sometimes the details are totally wrong so it’s not cast iron those are the songs. Plus - a solo, SCOM and TWAT wouldn’t be a particularly long Selects.

I guess we will just need to wait and see….something exciting in GNR land….🥳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Streetchild said:

New selects on it's way tomorrow

Wow potentially a rare good marketing move, putting out a (hopefully 2016) selects to promote the upcoming tour.

Still a few hits that haven't been put in selects yet

1. Patience 
  2. Don't Cry 
  3. The Seeker

All generally sound pretty good so hopefully they end up in this. 

Let's all get our GNR socks on and watch another selects :headbang:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Better and SCOM have never really sounded good live.

SCOM hasn’t been great for years but WAS good once upon a time. Better has been pretty iffy for a while but was pretty good for a time….Better is odd in that at certain points he still kills it (mainly the ‘I never wanted you….’ but) but really goes bad for large parts and the layered vocals but isn’t great.

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - sometimes the details are totally wrong so it’s not cast iron those are the songs. Plus - a solo, SCOM and TWAT wouldn’t be a particularly long Selects.

I guess we will just need to wait and see….something exciting in GNR land….🥳

Yeah it may well have few songs.

Generally the solo/sweet child generally has been between 10-15.so those three come in a touch under 20 mins 

New selects tomorrow according to their facebook page. Nevermind, this isn't new news. Hopefully we get some of the aforementioned tracks which haven't been played. I forget was Adler at any Latin America shows? Maybe we will see a song with him.

Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 1

The only TWAT that I liked from the NITL Tour, as I stated more than once, was from one of the two Madison Sqare Garden gigs in 2017. Slash pretty much nailed Bucketheads solo on that one while his other attempts were just meh... at least these that I listened to.

6 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

It Will! He was on the vídeo with Argentinean shirt. Spoiler alert: he played Out ta get me and My michelle

Hopefully My Michelle…the OTGM we have had is a killer whereas the MM we have had was decent so an upgrade with Adler would be sweet.

I am all in on the Adler songs but TWAT and Better are hot garbage to my ears.. I have tried with an open mind since the reunion and I just can't.  I listened to TWAT on youtube just 2 minutes ago and it is so awful.  It just sounds lihe an incohesive pasted together piece of shit with the worst drum sound possible. I know Better is highly regarded around here but that always to seem to be one of the biggest WTF momenst at shows when they start with that mess too. 

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am all in on the Adler songs but TWAT and Better are hot garbage to my ears.. I have tried with an open mind since the reunion and I just can't.  I listened to TWAT on youtube just 2 minutes ago and it is so awful.  It just sounds lihe an incohesive pasted together piece of shit with the worst drum sound possible. I know Better is highly regarded around here but that always to seem to be one of the biggest WTF momenst at shows when they start with that mess too. 

Did you listen to the album version of TWAT or a live version? The best one is the Antiquiet leak, IMO. None of the NITL performances have been very good though... same with Better (although the one from Houston 2016 had good vocals, at least)

1 hour ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Looks like were getting Adler, TWAT and Better? Best select so far?

Did they fuck up the times?  First of all, it’s 5pm EDT right now, not EST. It would then be 10pm GMT and 2pm PDT at 5pm EDT

FFS, don’t fuck up the only sentence in the post

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did you listen to the album version of TWAT or a live version? The best one is the Antiquiet leak, IMO. None of the NITL performances have been very good though... same with Better (although the one from Houston 2016 had good vocals, at least)

album version