Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was reading Chinese Whispers I couldn't help but notice how many times Axl's press releases are mentioned there.

"Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn't an actual consideration at the time. It was in the air as a possibility." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02)"

""On break from Guns N' Roses until September, [...] Stinson is currently putting the finishing touches on 16 new songs for an upcoming solo record. Primarily recorded over two months in a studio owned by friend Charles Thompson (aka Frank Black), [...] the untitled album is currently being shopped to labels." (Press release, 06/27/03)"

""During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been... creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence." (Axl, press release, 03/30/04)"

There are other examples, such as this : 
"....Rose responded with the following press release.  "Recent media reports that Slash is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against me, claiming, among other things, that I do not own the copyright to the songs that I co-authored with my former Guns N’ Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about me in order to garner publicity for himself [...]" 

Is there anywhere we can read these press releases in full?

Thanks in advance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The second one is not an Axl press release, it's a Tommy press release.

The other ones:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4785-2002-08-12-gnronline-press-release-guns-n-roses-launch-chinese-democracy-tour-in-china-axl

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1801-2004-03-30-press-release-from-w-axl-rose-regarding-ririii-and-buckethead

The last one was a press release from Axl's lawyer in 2006:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3580-2006-03-06-press-release-by-axl-s-lawyer-in-response-to-lawsuit

This one was about the Dec. 2001 shows at the Joint, Las Vegas:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4834-2001-12-03-gnronline-press-release-guns-n-roses-performing-on-12-29-and-12-31

In 2006 management issued press releases and some of them included comments from Axl and other band members:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3552-2006-05-19-press-release-gn-r-get-in-the-ring

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3553-2006-05-22-press-release-guns-n-roses-storm-new-york

https://www.a-4-d.com/t2127-2006-06-21-press-release-regarding-brain-ending-the-2006-tour-and-frank-taking-over

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3554-2006-06-28-press-release-guns-n-roses-knock-out-stockholm-axl

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3556-2006-06-29-press-release-guns-n-roses-continue-through-europe-axl-merck

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3555-2006-07-22-press-release-guns-n-roses-heat-wave-axl-dizzy-robin

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3558-2006-09-29-press-release-guns-n-roses-announce-chinese-democracy-north-american-tour

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3632-2006-12-02-press-release-via-blabbermouth-guns-n-roses-bassist-we-are-getting-along-better-than-we-ever-have-tommy

Axl's open letter about Merck, Dec. 2006:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3559-2006-12-14-open-letter-to-the-fans-from-axl

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The second one is not an Axl press release, it's a Tommy press release.

The other ones:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4785-2002-08-12-gnronline-press-release-guns-n-roses-launch-chinese-democracy-tour-in-china-axl

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1801-2004-03-30-press-release-from-w-axl-rose-regarding-ririii-and-buckethead

The last one was a press release from Axl's lawyer in 2006:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3580-2006-03-06-press-release-by-axl-s-lawyer-in-response-to-lawsuit

This one was about the Dec. 2001 shows at the Joint, Las Vegas:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4834-2001-12-03-gnronline-press-release-guns-n-roses-performing-on-12-29-and-12-31

In 2006 management issued press releases and some of them included comments from Axl and other band members:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3552-2006-05-19-press-release-gn-r-get-in-the-ring

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3553-2006-05-22-press-release-guns-n-roses-storm-new-york

https://www.a-4-d.com/t2127-2006-06-21-press-release-regarding-brain-ending-the-2006-tour-and-frank-taking-over

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3554-2006-06-28-press-release-guns-n-roses-knock-out-stockholm-axl

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3556-2006-06-29-press-release-guns-n-roses-continue-through-europe-axl-merck

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3555-2006-07-22-press-release-guns-n-roses-heat-wave-axl-dizzy-robin

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3558-2006-09-29-press-release-guns-n-roses-announce-chinese-democracy-north-american-tour

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3632-2006-12-02-press-release-via-blabbermouth-guns-n-roses-bassist-we-are-getting-along-better-than-we-ever-have-tommy

Axl's open letter about Merck, Dec. 2006:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3559-2006-12-14-open-letter-to-the-fans-from-axl

you're the best, thanks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:45 PM, NeonKinight said:

""During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been... creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence." (Axl, press release, 03/30/04)"
 

Pot meet kettle.  I mean bucket head didn’t stop the album coming out until November, 2008 and he wasn’t delaying going on stage which has conveniently been fixed. Also, we know that rehearsals aren’t something axl does/ or did with any degree of regularity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 7:45 AM, NeonKinight said:

"Recent media reports that Slash is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive."

from my point of view the jedi are evil

 

 

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting reading about Slash being supportive of the CD band from this interview in 2000,:lol:

Slash lights another cigarette. Its embers shine brightly in the darkening night air.

« I wouldn’t quit what I’m doing now to go back to Guns for any amount of money », he says. « It’s not about the money. »

Is it really Guns N’Roses without him in the band?

He thinks for a moment.

« I can’t answer that. I just wish the fucker would get the fuckin’ record out so I could see why he took something so cool and systematically, destroyed it. I want to hear where he was headed, and what he was trying to communicate that none of us in the band could relate to. »

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Pot meet kettle.  I mean bucket head didn’t stop the album coming out until November, 2008 and he wasn’t delaying going on stage which has conveniently been fixed. Also, we know that rehearsals aren’t something axl does/ or did with any degree of regularity. 

Bucket wasn't to blame for any of it I don't think. He was bullied by Tommy (which is totally shameful), didn't want to be associated with riots,  and was an artist who simply wanted to release music...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...