Hollasquad - check out on Youtube.

DurhamGirl

Another listen and reaction, these two must be around eighteen years old.  They are listening to Estranged and are absolutely getting off on it and love the vidio.  They have listened to other GnR and say it is their favourite band ever!  Guns still appeals to younger generation big time, which makes me think their touring is not a nostaligic tour as some think due to their music and personnalities being still relevant today.  |

Edited by DurhamGirl

Thats actually not how that business model works. As Guns fans we should know that artists work will be claimed by those owning the rights - usually the record label.

So these videos arent usually monetized by the youtuber. They are often monetized by the band/lables. Only if the youtuber uses barely any of the actual song can they maybe get away with monetizing it (which they risk running afoul of youtube).

They sell merch, have in-video adds presented by the YouTuber themselves, and have patreon/paypals. Thats the profit model.

So its not so easy as having someone enjoy your video to make money. If people simply enjoy your video, you've just done work for free. You need to get them engaged enough to send you money. Or be successful enough to get well paying in video sponsors.

A quick peak at Hollasquad shows a multi page, multi platform operation. With merch, paypal and instagram influencer stuff going on. Impressive hustle.

The only comparable thing I watch is Beth Roars who gives vocal tips and guidance based on the performance shes reacting to. She's selling her vocal lessons and singing services. So, again, if no one buys her services, shes working for free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soon said:

Thats actually not how that business model works. As Guns fans we should know that artists work will be claimed by those owning the rights - usually the record label.

So these videos arent usually monetized by the youtuber. They are often monetized by the band/lables. Only if the youtuber uses barely any of the actual song can they maybe get away with monetizing it (which they risk running afoul of youtube).

They sell merch, have in-video adds presented by the YouTuber themselves, and have patreon/paypals. Thats the profit model.

So its not so easy as having someone enjoy your video to make money. If people simply enjoy your video, you've just done work for free. You need to get them engaged enough to send you money. Or be successful enough to get well paying in video sponsors.

A quick peak at Hollasquad shows a multi page, multi platform operation. With merch, paypal and instagram influencer stuff going on. Impressive hustle.

The only comparable thing I watch is Beth Roars who gives vocal tips and guidance based on the performance shes reacting to. She's selling her vocal lessons and singing services. So, again, if no one buys her services, shes working for free.

You should check out Rick Beato! But yeah he talks about all the stuff you mentioned. He's also thankfully not a reaction youtuber 😄

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You should check out Rick Beato! But yeah he talks about all the stuff you mentioned. He's also thankfully not a reaction youtuber 😄

I've seen lots of positive comments about Rick Beato lately, I really should check him out. Thanks! I dont get the reaction thing either, but Beth Roars teaches me vocal tips and is pleasing to the eyes :lol:

6 minutes ago, soon said:

I've seen lots of positive comments about Rick Beato lately, I really should check him out. Thanks! I dont get the reaction thing either, but Beth Roars teaches me vocal tips and is pleasing to the eyes :lol:

Two things I'm interested in! I'm, sold!😄

And yeh! Beato does some great videos well worth a look!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Rick Beato has some awesome videos about music theory. A lot of it is over my head, but it's still great to watch & learn. 

• Like 1