Favourite WTTJ Intro?

Bored on a Tuesday night! We've all heard the song a trillion times. So what was your favourite?

'You know where the fuck you are!?'

'And now, and now we know where we are! It's good to be here, in the Jungle!'

'You know EXACTLY where the fuck you are'

'This little old black man comes up to me and my friend with our backpacks and about ten bucks between us. And he goes, do you know where you are!?'

Maybe the one where Axl mentioned your home town?

My personal favourite is the 'do you know where the fuck you are' from the Rock am Ring, 2006. Never heard it be that long since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

The UYI tour one with a long winded Axl rant followed by the band fucking up the intro and having to fudge a restart, with the blame attributed to Slash being wasted on most videos of it, even though if you listen closely it's Sorum's fault for starting the drum intro half a beat late, which causes Slash to turn around with a panicked WTF look, before they get the rhythm correct on the second go 

That one

st louise 1991, Axl's rant is really underrated though, in today's standard he would be called brave and strong.

Im always impressed with the fans who have answers to questions like this. My mind just doesnt catalogue them in the same way I guess. Or maybe I dont listen to enough variety of live recordings - which I should do more of.

So I can only say that Im sure the best WTTJ intro did not involve any Hogan ears, lol.

• Haha 2

I liked the 2006/07 intro, built the anticipation incredibly well. I don't like the long intro done by Ashba or the Slash intro on the NITL show (how many solo spots does he need??). 

2006 with the lights out and green lasers, and then boom! "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" that was fucking epic! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

The UYI tour one with a long winded Axl rant followed by the band fucking up the intro and having to fudge a restart, with the blame attributed to Slash being wasted on most videos of it, even though if you listen closely it's Sorum's fault for starting the drum intro half a beat late, which causes Slash to turn around with a panicked WTF look, before they get the rhythm correct on the second go 

That one

You squished a lot in there 🤣I'm not touching any of it! 

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Rock in rio 91

They go from double talking jive to jungle 

A very long "you gonna dieeee" from Axl and in the last second Slash starts the riff ...

Goosebumps

I forgot how good GNR were back in 2006, it's good to watch this now! bloody hell he was on fire!! and that band sounded amazing... even if Richard says otherwise😋

• Like 1