Favourite WTTJ Intro?

Lots of 92 intros (with the awesome rants), Rio 91, MTV 2002 (may have been the longest scream), RaR 2006, and let's not forget about that 2010 pro-shot (Reading? Leeds?) where the stupid editor only cuts in on Axl nearly at the end of the scream, but the way he's shaking his arm combined with the scream is just gooseflesh material. Some of the 2002 stuff isn't bad either, although it's generally far behind the older stuff. 

Edited by jamillos

I don't have a clear favorite, but "era" wise probably -92 followed by -06 followed by 80s followed by -02. 2010 sounds cool but something still feels off to me. Unfortunately I have to place NITL at the bottom.. but not because of Axl but because of Slash's bloated intro. I don't mind extending the intro (the "teasing" part) but Slash is just noodling around like he's on rehearsal waiting for the drummer to come back from piss break.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 2020-09-01 at 9:24 AM, Nice Boy said:

The UYI tour one with a long winded Axl rant followed by the band fucking up the intro and having to fudge a restart, with the blame attributed to Slash being wasted on most videos of it, even though if you listen closely it's Sorum's fault for starting the drum intro half a beat late, which causes Slash to turn around with a panicked WTF look, before they get the rhythm correct on the second go 

That one

I couldn't agree more. And yes, 100% Sorum's fault. Izzy and Duff start at the right time. I like Axl's exaggerated "oh my fucking God" after they get it going. :lol:

There was a funny one a few years ago (Chicago 2016 maybe) where Axl kind of just went "Do you know where you are? Well, they know where they are. And we know where we are."

Something to that effect anyways. Axl seemed to be in a great mood and cracking jokes. ;)

20 hours ago, baldek said:

Many great intros were already referenced but I would like to add Reading 2010. Certainly one for the ages!

Fairly noticeable how his whole body shakes from the ferocity in that scream.

The Reading 2010 WTTJ performance is animalistic, one of my favourites as well.

Any of the original ones that are like the album, where it's not a "scream" but instead it's an actual howl that's WAY harder to pull off than a scream.  He sounds exactly like a siren in those early screams, and I doubt he could do it anymore.  

• Like 1