Robin getting into the RNR HOF

ZoSoRose

He deserves it. If it was upto me, he'd have been in with Guns too. The fellas that were around for the Chinese sessions would've been in with a shout had Axl put out more than one album, a case could definitely have been argued for them.

Slash and PHT sharing a stage. Beautiful.

Edited by Dean

Weird. Why would Cortini get inducted but not Charlie Clouser? Don't get me started on Rubin with his one studio contribution. Shit list.

Trent is NIN. End of. But if you're going to include other people:

Reznor
Vrenna
Finck
Lohner
Clouser

I'm on the fence with Ross. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

If it was upto me, he'd have been in with Guns too. The fellas that were around for the Chinese sessions would've been in with a shout had Axl put out more than one album, a case could definitely have been argued for them.

Thank god, it isn't. Since GNR are in there because of AFD and to a lesser extent UYI, none of the people, not inducted with them, would make any sense to be inducted. At all. Absolutely no case.

And really, since their whole thing is, 25 years after the first album, nobody's who's recording/contribution to a band, isn't at least 25 years old, should be inducted.

Edited by PatrickS77

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Thank god, it isn't. Since GNR are in there because of AFD and to a lesser extent UYI, none of the people, not inducted with them, would make any sense to be inducted. At all. Absolutely no case.

And really, since their whole thing is, 25 years after the first album, nobody's who's recording/contribution to a band, isn't at least 25 years old, should be inducted.

So what you're saying is Pitman just has another 4 years to wait to receive the accolades he deserves following the 25th anniversary of Oh My God? Has to be the same with singles?!

Beautiful. I'll keep my towel handy...

The whole thing is corrupt as fuck anyway. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but UYI put GNR on an entire different level with the big stadium tours/production and whatever else.

41 minutes ago, Dean said:

So what you're saying is Pitman just has another 4 years to wait to receive the accolades he deserves following the 25th anniversary of Oh My God? Has to be the same with singles?!

Beautiful. I'll keep my towel handy...

The whole thing is corrupt as fuck anyway. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but UYI put GNR on an entire different level with the big stadium tours/production and whatever else.

Obviously the work should be somewhat meaningful. Like AFD and UYI. Not throwaway like OMG (and an Album, not a single). But yes, why do proper members and acts and bands have to wait 25 years until they could get inducted, but some insignificant rent-a-musician, who joined 10 years ago, can get in right away, because he was lucky to join a HOF-"worthy" band? That's not really fair, is it?

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously the work should be somewhat meaningful. Like AFD and UYI. Not throwaway like OMG (and an Album, not a single). But yes, why do proper members and acts and bands have to wait 25 years until they could get inducted, but some insignificant rent-a-musician, who joined 10 years ago, can get in right away, because he was lucky to join a HOF-"worthy" band? That's not really fair, is it?

Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Buckethead and Brain are definitely not insignificant by any means - very talented individuals in their own right as was the rest of the players Axl brought on board (excluding DJ - at least for me)

They contributed to very solid material my good sir, material that in my opinion is some of the finest released under the GN'R name and the rest that stemmed from these sessions I'm hopeful we will be enjoying in the not so distant future, reworked by this current band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

If the leaked CD stuff would've been worked on and released I would've looked at those guys differently. But instead of 3 steady albums they released only one album which was a mish-mash of everyone who worked with the band between 1997 and 2008.

Look at Richard, he's been in the band for 18 years and has nothing to show for it. He deserves more than a few rererecorded doodles on CD.

Edited by YOUCOULDBEMINE.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah not to mention the fact that originally the HOF just wanted to induct the afd5 but then since Sorum knew someone on the committee he made a few phone calls and got himself on the list, and then they had to induct Dizzy too cause of that!

i have a feeling that had the HOF just stuck to the original plan of only including the afd5, then Axl and Izzy would’ve showed up.

14 hours ago, Dean said:

He deserves it. If it was upto me, he'd have been in with Guns too. The fellas that were around for the Chinese sessions would've been in with a shout had Axl put out more than one album, a case could definitely have been argued for them.

I read this a few days ago and I'm happy for him, but Robin only did one NIN album. It doesn't really make sense that he's eligible as a touring musician and collaborator for NIN, but not for GNR when on paper he was in the exact same role for a good 5yrs.

My opinion on why now and not then is simple. The rock hall wanted Axl on stage with the AFD/UYI line up and have zero presence of the current gnr... the absolutely cherry on top was a classic band performance! And as great as they sounded on the night, and as cool as it would have been to have Axl up there with them! I'm so glad Axl told them to fuck right off! And instead stood up for his band.

NIN are critic darlings, that's the difference and why they allowed Robin, and I'm sure Trent used his muscle to make it happen.

Edited by Tom2112
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah not to mention the fact that originally the HOF just wanted to induct the afd5 but then since Sorum knew someone on the committee he made a few phone calls and got himself on the list, and then they had to induct Dizzy too cause of that!

i have a feeling that had the HOF just stuck to the original plan of only including the afd5, then Axl and Izzy would’ve showed up.

Sorum has zero shame about calling people for favours 😄 or calling to say "how come there's 3 close ups of the singer and none if me?". The man is a walking ego, amazing there was room for anyone else on the stage. I do like some of his drumming though.

Edited by Tom2112

14 hours ago, Dean said:

Stinson and Robin should have been honourable mentions at the very least for GNR. Stinson carried the band from about 98-2014 that alone deserves a fucking prize!! Whether you like him or not, or if you don't like the record he helped make! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I read this a few days ago and I'm happy for him, but Robin only did one NIN album. It doesn't really make sense that he's eligible as a touring musician and collaborator for NIN, but not for GNR when on paper he was in the exact same role for a good 5yrs.

My opinion on why now and not then is simple. The rock hall wanted Axl on stage with the AFD/UYI line up and have to presence of the current gnr... the absolutely cherry on top was a classic band performance! And as great as they sounded on the night, and as cool as it would have been to have Axl up there with them! I'm so glad Axl told them to fuck right off! And instead stood up for his band.

NIN are critic darlings, that's the difference and why they allowed Robin, and I'm sure Trent used his muscle to make it happen.

NIN aren't really my bag, but I was always of the belief that Trent played everything on the records but had staple of players that played most of the shows with him, with Robin being there not long after he started? You'll know more than me.

You're spot on in regards to the HOF, not many would have had the balls to tell them to go fuck themselves! Anything for them to make $ and they knew Guns N' Roses would have provided that. 

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

NIN aren't really my bag, but I was always of the belief that Trent played everything on the records but had staple of players that played most of the shows with him, with Robin being there not long after he started? You'll know more than me.

You're spot on in regards to the HOF, not many would have had the balls to tell them to go fuck themselves! Anything for them to make $ and they knew Guns N' Roses would have provided that. 

I don't really know much but I think he kinda played with NIN in the same way as gnr, hired musician for tours, he'd then go off and do a bunch of other stuff and then maybe Trent would call him for another tour... in gnr he was clearly the lead guitar player, and on CD he was all over the record. Like has been said before, "it's the rock hall it never makes sense".

And yeah! Axl has big balls to say thanks but no thanks! I think that was actually the ideal time for him to double down and release the follow up to CD... Obviously that time came and went! But it would have been a clear message of his intent!