Axl's Favourite Albums...

On 6/6/2021 at 10:51 PM, Nice Boy said:

I read on A4D recently, a band being mentioned which was basically the sound they wanted for Appetite. I had never heard the band before but gave it a listen. And now I can't remember its name.

Boston?

On 6/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, Chester 524 said:

does anyone remember when Lana Del Ray and Axl were linked somehow?  not sure if they dated or if they worked in the studio together.  but I would assume he likes her music. maybe I'm wrong?

Well she does have that song Axl Rose Husband lol

On 6/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, Chester 524 said:

does anyone remember when Lana Del Ray and Axl were linked somehow?  not sure if they dated or if they worked in the studio together.  but I would assume he likes her music. maybe I'm wrong?

In simplest terms, she dated him very briefly. I heard she had a dream to fuck him since she was a teen, so it was fulfilling that fantasy for her. That’s just what I heard recently...

I remember Behaviour by the Pet Shop Boys coming up but I don’t know how it managed to influence November Rain, as claimed below, when it came out in late 1990.

http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/lists/influencedby.htm

In what is probably the most surprising influence of the Pet Shop Boys on another artist, Axl Rose—lead singer of this notorious hard-rock group of the late eighties and early nineties—is an avowed PSB fan who has affirmed that his band's big 1991 hit "November Rain" (from the album Use Your Illusion I) was influenced by the Boys' "My October Symphony" and "Being Boring."

Years and years ago Axl tweeted a line from one of my favorite Roger Waters songs "Watchung TV". 

No context, no follow up, just one line from the song. So I have to assume he and I share a like for the album Amused To Death. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:05 PM, Stress Fracture said:

I remember Behaviour by the Pet Shop Boys coming up but I don’t know how it managed to influence November Rain, as claimed below, when it came out in late 1990.

http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/lists/influencedby.htm

Very interesting. I'll have to seek out that October Symphony when I have the time.

It might be the case that whilst November Rain had long since been written at that point, those PSB songs might have had an influence on the final arrangement and production.