Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, papashaun said:

I always listen to the Live Era version of Estranged....when I've got nothing better to do, than to commit Harakiri.  ;)

Ah you're into that, alright?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the bands quite terrible/very small live collection, some of the Live Era tracks are incredibly precious--such as You're Crazy from the '88 Tokyo show, Dust N' Bones from the Ritz '91 show, Out Ta Get Me from the Marquee show '87, Paradise City from Las Vegas. It's just a damn shame that the vocals are rerecorded. There are Soo many great performances they could've just picked other ones, but they didn't

 

I honestly think an official GN'R record from the UYI era, no overdubs, would be incredible. Opening with Perfect Crime and Right Next Door to hell, Brownstone, bad Obsession and Dust N Bones. Man, the raw and aggressive sound from that tour is the true heart of GN'R for me

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 9:52 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I thought the one from Live Era was the same one from the Freddie Mercury show? 

The KOHD 12” single has the live version from The Freddie Mercury Tribute, I think some of the proceeds of that single were donated to the Mercury Phoenix Trust. 
 

Maybe the DJ dude played the b side instead of the A side! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

And Civil War... They could do another live album from the classic days and with the songs they left out and totally different versions of the other songs performance wise... Would love to hear one with much more songs performed by the AFD lineup and stuff from the Skin N' Bones tour..

I always thought to would be cool if they did a second volume of live era, one disk with 11 songs that didn’t make the first one, second disc with the ‘88 Ritz concert.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Matinator said:

I always thought to would be cool if they did a second volume of live era, one disk with 11 songs that didn’t make the first one, second disc with the ‘88 Ritz concert.

Actual live performances without re-recorded vocals that sound nothing like Axl did during the UYI tour, that would be a start. Live era is a disaster compared to what they could have made it, there's a reason it's not a known GNR record. And there's still people who want more of Ritz 88 and haven't heard it 1000 times? I'd rather have other shows from that era. One of the unedited jewels that made it onto Live era is a japan 88 version of You're Crazy, that's the definitive version for me. Who knows how many more performances like that are rotting in a vault somewhere.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Actual live performances without re-recorded vocals that sound nothing like Axl did during the UYI tour, that would be a start. Live era is a disaster compared to what they could have made it, there's a reason it's not a known GNR record. And there's still people who want more of Ritz 88 and haven't heard it 1000 times? I'd rather have other shows from that era. One of the unedited jewels that made it onto Live era is a japan 88 version of You're Crazy, that's the definitive version for me. Who knows how many more performances like that are rotting in a vault somewhere.

I would absolutely love the Ritz show with a proper remaster. It’s actually pretty astonishing they’ve never officially released it but this is GNR we’re talking about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

I absolutely love the Live Era versions of KOHD, Estranged, and November Rain. Vocals are 10/10.

Estranged was taken from Tokyo 1992, and the original live vocals were great as they were. Axl’s re-recorded studio vocals sound like ass.

More like 5/10 and that’s being generous...

I will say though, the actual live vocals were Axl hasn’t redone them, are pretty fantastic. KOHD being a great example, same for Don’t Cry. 

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Estranged was taken from Tokyo 1992, and the original live vocals were great as they were. Axl’s re-recorded studio vocals sound like ass.

More like 5/10 and that’s being generous...

I will say though, the actual live vocals were Axl hasn’t redone them, are pretty fantastic. KOHD being a great example, same for Don’t Cry. 

I prefer the re-recorded vocals. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 11:43 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I love that they included Axl’s cover of It’s Alright on Live Era, I’d buy it again just for that and the version of You’re Crazy on it. 

 

Literally the reason I bought it. Wish there was a version of "dust in the wind" on there too!!

Love the re-recorded vocals but wish the 'Live Era' was 100% live and they'd released the newer vocals as a separate album.

On 07/09/2020 at 6:35 AM, jamillos said:

The best final singalong scream was done in 2009 though. 

This guy knows what's up. 

Best performance of TIL too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...