09/18/21 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

alfierose

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

Just watched some videos from Milwaukee, Axl sounded damn good for someone who had food poisoning just two days ago. Nightrain is probably one of the highlights (like in every 2021 show tbh), RQ was good until Slash’s guitar went out of tune towards the end. Jungle, Patience and DTJ all sounded good. It’s a bummer that we europeans can’t travel to the US at the moment cause I’d really like to see the band in their current form 

I’m due to see them in Glasgow which is about 7 shows in to the Euro run….I’m more confident now he will be ‘warmed up’ by then if this leg is anything to go by.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Covid protocols perhaps.

Not that you can catch Covid from pyro (although… have they done any testing?) but it’s one less “team” in the mix.

Green day tour had alot of Pyro, I will bet anything it is to keep the costs down 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WVsax27 said:

I wonder why they aren't using any pyro on this tour

Its probably the band being smart around COVID-19 protocols and the people travelling with the band. The band have a smaller travelling crew this time around and are keeping there touring bubble small. 

In the past, they had pyro techs travelling with the band, setting up the pyro for each show. Meet one of the bands pyro technicians in Auckland in 2017. 

Probably decided under current times to not add any additional elements and people not required to travel with the band more so as the band will be travelling overseas. 

I am pretty sure, the band could afford the cost of pyro, unfortunately we live under different  circumstances in this day and age. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, prez said:

I don't really think pyro is that important to the overall GNR live experience. It's nice to have but it's expensive and they have a cool enough stage and video screens. They're not KISS.

"You wanted the best, well... they didn't fucking make it... So here's what you get... From Hollywood, Guns n Roses" 

Edited by ACDC8
typo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, prez said:

I don't really think pyro is that important to the overall GNR live experience.

I hate the pyro.. Let the music do the talking... The band is sounding tighter than they have the whole reunion.. I believe the omission of the click tracks needed to sync up with pyro is part of that..

• Like 1

https://streamable.com/1xmm47

One of the better performances of Nightrain on tour.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pyro is cool but it's not necessary. If anything, I'd say they should strip the show down even more and get rid of the animated videos... all they need to show on the big screens is the band playing the songs, and maybe show the bullet logo in between songs. Nobody pays to see CGI skeletons, Medusa's and the other tacky shit...

100%

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1