09/26/21 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena

alfierose

10 minutes ago, GS67 said:

If you can get past the lady screaming and singing, this video doesn’t make AXL sound bad at all on the song. Tons better than the first video that was floating around 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1776500235915125/permalink/3168443820054086/

Can you link directly to the video? I can't find it.

5 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Axl said that before the song. 

He had his IEM swapped after Jungle. He had to finish the song without it. He literally ripped it off and threw it across the stage. 

There was a 2 minute or so hiatus after Jungle while they got the new one hooked up.

I just saw that on YouTube and came to comment about how he seemed pissed off and delivered a great last chorus to WTTJ because of it. A bit of venom that you don’t expect in 2021.

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Did GNR really go on just after 8?  If so, how?  I thought the show was scheduled for 7.  Did Wolfgang play for 20 minutes?

Intro video started at 7:58.

28 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I just saw that on YouTube and came to comment about how he seemed pissed off and delivered a great last chorus to WTTJ because of it. A bit of venom that you don’t expect in 2021.

He was EXTREMELY angry about it. From my seats, I could see him flipping out on the sound crew. At one point, he ripped the IEM off and threw it across the stage. I’m not sure if he threw it AT someone, but he chucked that thing as far as he could.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

30mins or so. I couldn’t believe the quick turnaround. GNR WENT ON 8pm sharp played til almost 11:30!

Awesome.  I hope they keep this length and setlist for the last 3 shows.  Might as well put it all on the line since they will have over 6 months off after this week.

27 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

He was EXTREMELY angry about it. From my seats, I could see him flipping out on the sound crew. At one point, he ripped the IEM off and threw it across the stage.

He sounds like a nightmare to work with. As an IT person, shit happens and sometimes the techs get the blame when it may, or may not be their fault.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

He sounds like a nightmare to work with. As an IT person, shit happens and sometimes the techs get the blame when it may, or may not be their fault.

It seems like an isolated incident considering how well he handled other technical difficulties on this tour. Not defending him freaking out on the sound crew but it would be pretty overwhelming to be performing in front of thousands of people expecting a great show and having sound issues mid-song. I know he has a history of being a prick to the sound crew but he's also a human being and could have just lost his cool for a minute. I'm sure Hetfield/Jagger/Tyler/whoever have chewed out the sound people a few times themselves.

That said, I agree, someone like that sounds like a nightmare to work with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

It seems like an isolated incident considering how well he handled other technical difficulties on this tour. Not defending him freaking out on the sound crew but it would be pretty overwhelming to be performing in front of thousands of people expecting a great show and having sound issues mid-song. I know he has a history of being a prick to the sound crew but he's also a human being and could have just lost his cool for a minute. I'm sure Hetfield/Jagger/Tyler/whoever have chewed out the sound people a few times themselves.

That said, I agree, someone like that sounds like a nightmare to work with.

No doubt, we all have our outburst moments, for sure. It would especially suck to be chewed out by someone they may, or may not really admire. Maybe Axl is one to apologize later if he sees them.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WVsax27 said:

I'd rather Axl sing use his falsetto or sing "clean" and hit the notes than down-tune to hell like Kiss does

Kiss is actually lip syncing these days. I'm fine with Axl doing what he is doing, it is serviceable and he is doing his best.

The thing that bothers me is why release stuff made by a late 30's Axl for a late 30's Axl? Hard skool is a bitch to sing. Hell, I can see Axl in 92, 93 having some issues with it on bad vocal days. New material is really an opportunity for Axl to come up with music that play into his strenghts (and he still can perform quite well when he sticks to those). Instead he releases a screamfest from 99.

• Like 1