09/26/21 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena

alfierose

47 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Rocket Queen and KOHD provide excellent break opportunities. You can leave for a five star restaurant, order a full meal plus dessert, eat it, stop at the bathroom, and still be back before the songs are over.

That is the great thing about a 3 hour show.. Everyone can choose when they need to take a break.. Rocket Queen is arguably my favorite Guns n' Roses song.. Bloated or not, there is no way in hell I am missing it. I actually think this lineup finally does it some justice... I don't think the 3 minute Fortus solo fits at all and should be omitted but I am not leaving my seat because of it.. The extended intro is great and from the time Slash comes back in with that slide through the end of the song might be the highlight of every show for me.. 

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is the great thing about a 3 hour show.. Everyone can choose when they need to take a break.. Rocket Queen is arguably my favorite Guns n' Roses song.. Bloated or not, there is no way in hell I am missing it. I actually think this lineup finally does it some justice... I don't think the 3 minute Fortus solo fits at all and should be omitted but I am not leaving my seat because of it.. The extended intro is great and from the time Slash comes back in with that slide through the end of the song might be the highlight of every show for me.. 

I have to agree here. I watched the Fenway version last night again then the Maryland version right after and the only parts I went passed were the fortus solos and some of slash's talk box solo. But the outro is much improved since Fenway now. Frank just needs a bit more Adler feel to him to make it really rock

13 hours ago, James Bond said:

Rocket Queen and KOHD provide excellent break opportunities. You can leave for a five star restaurant, order a full meal plus dessert, eat it, stop at the bathroom, and still be back before the songs are over.

If they played them back to back you could definitely pull that off. Separated you can only grab some McDonald's drive through.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:38 PM, kiwiguns said:

The IEM issue looks more like the actual issue is with the receiver or the in ears themselves then the monitor engineer.

The receiver pack operates off standard AA batteries (rechargeable). Often new batteries are placed in the receiver pack before a show or charged as the receiver batteries are rechargeable. 

These batteries can last up to 5 hours. 

Even though technology has advanced the receiver still needs power to accept the signal. 

Just like any battery operated device, if the power is low, the device provides less power output. This will cause the signal to drop out constantly and in your ears you will hear the audio come and go. Of course if the battery goes flat, the signal drops out completely. 

Also, just like standard earphones, the in ears plug into the receiver can short around the jacket (3.5mm) more so if there is no slack between the cord and receiver pack. You will often see a small bit of cord hanging down at the back or side of were the receiver is attached to the person. This is to relieve tension in the cord.

The fact Tom M, went to help Axl points to an equipment issue as Tom M is in charge of looking after Axls personal IEM. Tom M is in a sense Axls tech. 

If you have an IEM technical issue, its often distracting because of the cutting in and out regularly, more so as IEM are noise cancelling and thats the only auto you can hear when in the ears directly. 

If it was an issue with volume, levels or the mix, then Axl would have been looking over at the monitor engineer or talking off PA directly to the engineer, then it would be something the engineer needs to do or is not doing, to work on it and get it sorted.

IEM have changed since I started working with them as they are  universally used. 

Often the issues are engineering related via the soundboard (monitor engineer) or a equipment issue. 

The thing that has changed is the quality of the audio dynamics via the drivers in the ear piece themselves. 

Also, the signal strength and distance has improved dramatically, with  antenna distribution.

In the old days you were operating the signal directly via the transmitor direct to the receiver. 

Today you can place antennas on stage to cover a wider area to cover signal blind spots. 

Signal would often cut out if the signal chain had interference like the lead singer walking on stage between the drum riser or amps, that's when I would get some confused looks from a lead singer, and some times a pissed off face. Nothing I could do via the soundboard, was may answer to lead singers after the show. 

Maybe Axl should ditch the IEMs and go back to old school stage monitors.  Wasn't the 2002 VMAs the first time he used IEMs?  He had issues with them on that performance and seems to have issues very frequently.

6 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

what breaks are u people talking about? u go to see gnr and pee and shit when they're on? wtf? 

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I think that's a man thing :lol:

Idk what you guys are talking about, I didn't take any breaks when I saw them last month. I was standing the whole 3 hours or whatever.

12 hours ago, Italian girl said:

so why didn't you stay at home? :P

3.5hr show. I was there for a good 2.25hr of it. 2 & a quarter not bad lol😛

i’ll take the long show with all the deep cuts and numerous piss break opportunities over the 2hr greatest hits show any day

Edited by Top-Hatted One

22 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

People can piss or drink beer later, this is not some netflix show you watch at home. It really dont make any sense to me.

That's why you drink before and after the show :awesomeface:

• GNFNR 1