09/08/21 - Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium

alfierose

50 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

The Appetite monster has been on the poster for the US tour the whole time and was a regular fixture during the NITL tour. I wouldn't read much into it. 

Pretty sure they were just joking…

Any news from soundcheck btw?

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, mikeman5150 said:

Is it calling for rain? That’s surprising that the roof is closed with all the covid stuff going on. I’d think when you could add more fresh air, the better. 

It might be a noise issue. The stadium is right in the middle of downtown

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It might be a noise issue. The stadium is right in the middle of downtown

Correct, I think the deal with the city mandates the roof is closed for concerts.  I went to U2 and I was closed for that show as well. It’s an absolutely perfect day here FWIW, sunny, not a cloud in the sky….80 degrees at 5:00

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Awesome to hear. I hope everyone going tonight has a great time. 

One thing of note-

Please remember to take detailed notes for the forum to post after. This includes, but is not limited to:

Exact percentage of rasp used on every song 

The chances you thought you were going to hear HS beforehand against your disappointment level afterward when it wasn't played

How old you were when KOHD started along with your age when it finished

If Axl was in a good mood AND cracking jokes or just one or the other 

The opinion of the people around you of Absurd when it was played

The exact number of concert goers who thought Fortus was Izzy

Thanks! 

I kid you not, of my co-workers (who’s been a fan of the band since AFD) went to the Vegas show and when we where talking about our show experiences, legitimately thought Richard Fortus was Izzy. I literally had to explain to him like, “no man, that’s Richard Fortus; he’s been with the band for 20 years.” He also didn’t know who Frank Ferrer was, so there’s that. 

It’s just funny to step back and realize that again, we make up such a small portion of the overall fanbase. For every one of us, there are thousands like my co-worker. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I kid you not, of my co-workers (who’s been a fan of the band since AFD) went to the Vegas show and when we where talking about our show experiences, legitimately thought Richard Fortus was Izzy. I literally had to explain to him like, “no man, that’s Richard Fortus; he’s been with the band for 20 years.” He also didn’t know who Frank Ferrer was, so there’s that. 

It’s just funny to step back and realize that again, we make up such a small portion of the overall fanbase. For every one of us, there are thousands like my co-worker. 

The funny thing is that your co-worker is actually pretty well informed, compared to all the casuals who have never even heard of Izzy. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1