09/08/21 - Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium

alfierose

9 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Why did they post on social media that this show would be special, when it was no different to any other show? 

Because they’re cunts, and like to mess with us.

:lol:

Because of the actual concert goers and not for someone behind a Laptop :awesomeface:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Because of the actual concert goers and not for someone behind a Laptop :awesomeface:

Stupid comment to make when most bands use social media to communicate with their fans, regardless of if they’re going to the show or not.

But why is this show pointed out to be any more special than others, when it wasn’t?

Because they seem to like dangling carrots of bullshit to their fans, that’s why.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Why did they post on social media that this show would be special, when it was no different to any other show? 

Axl is from Indiana. I guess that makes it special. He has a love/hate relationship with his hometown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Well, compared to their last show it was special... no special guests, no curfew.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, EvanG said:

Starved fan base? They've released a new single a few weeks ago.  

Ok, I’ll give you that. But you know what I’m getting at here.

One single new (20 year old) song in 13 years, and the first featuring Slash, Axl and Duff in 30 years, yeah, I’d say that saying we’re starved fans, is pretty accurate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

One single new (20 year old) song in 13 years, and the first featuring Slash, Axl and Duff in 30 years, yeah, I’d say that saying we’re starved fans, is pretty accurate.

It's just enough to survive for now, but the starving continues. It's kinda cruel. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Well, what did you expect? A new single being released every two or three weeks from now on? I can't believe people are so naive. This is GnR, they have always done everything at their own pace, which means really slow. Back in the day there was usually months in between new singles. Why bother getting your hopes up every single time they do a show now and then getting disappointed? You should know better by now.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, what did you expect? A new single being released every two or three weeks from now on? I can't believe people are so naive. This is GnR, they have always done everything at their own pace, which means really slow. Back in the day there were usually months in between new singles. Why bother getting your hopes up every single time they do a show now and then getting disappointed? You should know better by now.

No, I wasn’t expecting another single, I was just expecting something ‘special’ as they promised, or at least alluded to.

Otherwise, what’s the fucken point of saying anything at all?

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1

Just now, metallex78 said:

No, I wasn’t expecting another single, I was just expecting something ‘special’ as they promised, it at least alluded to.

Otherwise, what’s the fucken point of saying anything at all? 

I don't follow every show, but didn't they also say that for the Vegas show? It's special to them because they have a connection there, this being Axl's home state. If I were you, I wouldn't read into everything but instead expect nothing, it will save you from a lot of disappointment, and whenever something does happen, you can only be pleasantly surprised. That's what I do. After having been a fan of this band for so long, that's the only way to do it really.

• Like 4

When have GNR's social media ever delivered on anything that the fans have interpreted as teasers/promises? The answer is never.

Shit will happen when it'll happen. No point in paying any attention to GNR's Twitter/FB posts, because you're more likely to get legit news about the band from a Swedish television show than anything they put up online themselves. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3