09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

5 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

I'll be seriously pissed off if they didn't do HS tonight and here's why:

1 -  Axl met a random woman (nothing against her like I said), told her HS would be out soon and played it to her

2 - Fernando told about physical releases and stuff

3 - Beta talked about a "new CD"

4 - Slash's official tiktok account posted it, knowing that every GN'R fan will see it. 

5 - That song it's on the fuckin' setlist since 2019, they do Wichita but won't do it.  FFS

Yeah I'm gutted to, but it is what it is, and should have known better.  I'm guessing It will be released 2022 for next leg of the tour. 

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Yeah I'm gutted to, but it is what it is, and should have known better.  I'm guessing It will be released 2022 for next leg of the tour. 

Yeah, we need to be rational. IF there's a new album and IF it's going to be released in 2022, there's no point to release another single right now, considering that Mexico is postponed and Australia/NZ tour is in doubt. 

Edited by FabioRoses
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe they want to play it as close to midnight and the release as possible so it'll be in the encore? Dunno but I wouldn't totally write it off yet. But I don't think the chances are higher than 10% lol. Fuck

That fucking tiktok post man. Had me in the first half not gonna lie

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Yeah, we need to be rational. IF there's a new album and IF it's going to be released in 2022, there's no point to release another single right now, considering that Mexico is postponed and Australia/NZ tour is in doubt. 

Releasing a new song for the fans to enjoy should be the only point needed. They still have 7 shows to play on this leg as well.  

• Like 4

I think at a very minimal we can rule out a new album anytime soon. Hard Skool release might happen, it may not, who knows, but new album is preposterous: this is the same band who won’t even play 2 new songs in the same show, god forbid the casuals don’t get to hear 30 minutes of KOHD.

Just now, gonzalo palmese said:

4 f*ck sake im so sick n tired of freakin wichita 

I hope legends stop dying, so maybe Axl stop playing new covers and keeping them for the rest of his life in the setlist. Geez, it is supposed to be an one off thing, to pay respects for the one who just died.

Just now, FabioRoses said:

I hope legends stop dying, so maybe Axl stop playing new covers and keeping them for the rest of his life in the setlist. Geez, it is supposed to be an one off thing, to pay respects for the one who just died.

Seems like they've dropped Black Hole Sun, and most of the other covers in the set are at least somewhat GNR-related. Wichita sounds great so I'm glad they kept it.