09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

14 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Prick teases. 
Like many here, i thought slash’s TikTok video was the final confirmation that HS was coming.

I guess Axl wasn’t in a good enough mood huh?

It is probably coming. I give it a 60%likelihood it will played before the Mexican dates. With 7 more US dates that gives less than 10% chance per show. Some people here needs to readjust their expectations. 

Axl struggled more than I remember on the 3 other shows I saw on this tour, but everyone around was talking about how good he sounded. I guess people read social media comments about how much he sucks. He didn't talk as much tonight but he was smiling and happy. I didn't expect HS, so I didn't care that they didn't play it. A buddy who is in town for the Dead this weekend went and had an absolute blast. They put on a fantastic show, and it sure seemed that everyone there had a great time.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, GnR Chris said:

I'm pissed ticket prices dropped this much but what can ya do? Buy early as a fan and get screwed when prices are deeply discounted. Or wait it out and then get screwed out of a ticket if they sell out. Totally lame to do this dynamic price bullshit. 

Ultimately, ticketmaster is gonna end up with egg on their face for these tactics when majority of people hold off or go to secondhand market. I will never buy from ticketmaster/live nation early again. Ever.

Anyway ... doors at 4:30. Show starts at 6. Anyone know when GNR will hit the stage? 7:30 p.m.? Not sure about Wrigley Field curfew due to annoying neighbors.

I want to get in and try to cop a litho or shirt if the design is really cool. Diehard Cubs fan here and obviously a diehard GNR fan as well.

its been done like that for decades...nothing new about it, but its a risk..you can buy early and get what you want..or take a chance on the day of the show..and see whats avaliable...sometimes the tickets are pure ass...just depends, total roll of the dice.

19 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

its been done like that for decades...nothing new about it, but its a risk..you can buy early and get what you want..or take a chance on the day of the show..and see whats avaliable...sometimes the tickets are pure ass...just depends, total roll of the dice.

Read ticketmasters faq. 24 hours, or more, b4 the show. You can submit for a refund if your seats price drops, or better and cheaper seats are available.  Then you purchase the new tix.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Can-I-exchange-or-upgrade-my-tickets?language=en_US

Edited by mingsubu
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

I’m tired and the show was a fucking blast from Slash’s side on the rail.  Definitely the smallest stage I’ve seen them play.  Did anyone buy anything from the Merch Truck?  I passed it in heavy traffic on I-90 about 30 minutes before doors and the driver looked stressed…hope he didn’t get fired! :P No way he made it in time.

and yes, I took these pictures while driving but we were only going about 6 miles an hour!

Only this band.  G’nF’n’R !

F241C256-4438-466C-B799-82BFA26448C8.thumb.jpeg.ce8220c8b555edd98ae4039cdc0b52c7.jpeg

B3BC6A34-910E-44A7-828A-CEDA1FAD9626.thumb.jpeg.c10d79d26eca040dd5b20e594f04a036.jpeg

How did you get on the rail if you were still on the I-90 30 minutes before doors? I figure those people who get the rail either get the early entry package or wait at the gate hours before it opens, and I am pretty sure there was no merch truck, they had merch stands outside, but those merch trucks are usually in the parking lot and I am not sure there was any room for that at Wrigley, maybe they told the guy to just drive in traffic to remind people GNR are there tonight to help sales

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I’m tired and the show was a fucking blast from Slash’s side on the rail.  Definitely the smallest stage I’ve seen them play.  Did anyone buy anything from the Merch Truck?  I passed it in heavy traffic on I-90 about 30 minutes before doors and the driver looked stressed…hope he didn’t get fired! :P No way he made it in time.

and yes, I took these pictures while driving but we were only going about 6 miles an hour!

Only this band.  G’nF’n’R !

F241C256-4438-466C-B799-82BFA26448C8.thumb.jpeg.ce8220c8b555edd98ae4039cdc0b52c7.jpeg

B3BC6A34-910E-44A7-828A-CEDA1FAD9626.thumb.jpeg.c10d79d26eca040dd5b20e594f04a036.jpeg

We're F'N Late

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

When I checked the forum this morning and seen 27 pages for the show thread in comparison to the 4 or 5 the last few have been getting, there was a glimmer of hope seeping through me. I went right for the jugular though and skipped to the very end of the thread. Business as usual!

That said, there was no concrete reason to believe that Hardschool was going to be debuted regardless of the fan that met Axl and Slash's TikTok, but it'll happen at some point sooner or later - the latter hopefully not being 5 years!

I also reckon the jump from Tuesday to Thursday as the GNR community day of the week has caused some bad karma somewhere :lol:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It is probably coming. I give it a 60%likelihood it will played before the Mexican dates. With 7 more US dates that gives less than 10% chance per show. Some people here needs to readjust their expectations. 

The Mexican dates are now some unknown days in 2022.  Do you have an update on the percentages?

• Haha 1