09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am going to see Alice Cooper next week... His setlist never changes.. I will know exactly what songs he will be playing and won't have any problem with it..

That is not true, Alice Cooper changes his setlist every tour. OFC there's his big hits (like School's Out, Eighteen and No More Mr. Nice Guy that are always there), but there's a lot of deep cuts and new songs. He is very good at mixing and always brings different ones every tour. He also changes the running order, opening and encore songs, so it's no easy to compare his setlists with Guns N' Roses.

18 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The hits stay the same, but they also play 3/4 songs of the new album each cycle, and 1 deep cut. People aren't asking GnR to drop SCOM NR PC WTTJ etc. There should be a core 14/15 songs that are untouchable of course. Then there should be the deep cuts, the new songs and a new duff song every tour. That'd suffice

But they play deep cuts too. As a big act you will always disappoint someone with the setlist. The majority wants to hear the greatest hits, and the minority doesn't need to hear them and prefers the deep cuts, so who are you going to disappoint? Most acts choose to please the majority. Personally I'd rather hear deep cuts than the big hits, but I'm the minority and it's understandable that they go for the greatest hits setlist. It would be best to have a good mix of hits and deep cuts, but for a band with only a few records, they have a lot of hits that people want to hear.

39 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

That is not true, Alice Cooper changes his setlist every tour. OFC there's his big hits (like School's Out, Eighteen and No More Mr. Nice Guy that are always there), but there's a lot of deep cuts and new songs. He is very good at mixing and always brings different ones every tour. He also changes the running order, opening and encore songs, so it's no easy to compare his setlists with Guns N' Roses.

Also, Alice Cooper releases new music constantly that presumably he plays some of it live too? 

There's no comparison in the while of music to GNR in terms of touring the same set. People often cite Kiss, but that's not true either- even they change things and have released albums more recently. 

I don't really understand people defending going out and playing (largely) the same songs in the same order year after year after year. It's a  monumentally unambitious and dull way for a band to operate in my view. 

I suppose the only answer is that people don't really like variety. You'd think the band would switch things up just to keep themselves sane though. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

I'm in the same boat in that I signed up on this forum nearly 10 years ago but there was a long gap between me posting. I only recently shed the new member tag last month since I rarely posted. Regarding Guns, their setlists have in fact changed. It may not have changed as much as some people have liked but performing Locomotive, Dead Horse, and re-debuting Absurd shows they haven't been completely static. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

I was saying that his setlist remains the same the whole tour. The first show is tonight.. After tonight I will know exactly what songs I will be seeing next week.

9 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Forgot to mention…Slash’s solo You Gotta Move mix was the best I’ve ever seen.

yeah man!! I saw a video of one of those and it was sick!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mystery said:

I'm in the same boat in that I signed up on this forum nearly 10 years ago but there was a long gap between me posting. I only recently shed the new member tag last month since I rarely posted. Regarding Guns, their setlists have in fact changed. It may not have changed as much as some people have liked but performing Locomotive, Dead Horse, and re-debuting Absurd shows they haven't been completely static. 

I have seen 4 shows this reunion and every show brought songs that I hadn't seen yet...

Vegas 2016 - Chinese Democracy, New Rose, This I Love, Coma, Better, Wish You Were Here (songs I never saw prior to reunion)

Foxboro 2016 - Out ta Get Me, My Michelle, The Seeker

Boston 2017 -  Attitude, Yesterdays, Witchita Lineman, Used To Love Her, Black Hole Sun, Sorry, Madagascar, Don't Cry (that is EIGHT songs I hadn't previously seen this tour!!)

Boston 2021 -  You're Crazy,  I Wanna Be Your Dog, Absurd, Dead Horse, Slither

*I didn't take Slash' solo into account either.. I know he switches that up from You Gotta Move, to Johnny B Good, Blues Jam and the God Father...

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The fact that they didn't play HS is one thing, but i don't get why Axl won't ever acknowledge the anniversaries of his most important albums on stage. 

What else is new? He was touring as AFD went 20. Nada. RRHOF? Nope. CD turns 10? Nothing much. Whenever he broadly comments on the subject, the line is on moving forward with the band & the music, instead of looking back.

Would almost say he avoids looking back. Apparently that also snubs any forward momentum.

6 minutes ago, MattleyCrue said:

Damn! Axl was sick! Look at GnR IG that is prob why hard school wasn’t played 🥺

Nooo wrong emoji, that's good news! It might mean they wanted to play it yesterday afterall but didn't because of that reason. So we maybe got something to look forward to then!

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The fact that they didn't play HS is one thing, but i don't get why Axl won't ever acknowledge the anniversaries of his most important albums on stage. 

Anniversaries don't seem to be important to him. I think he's just random; he may say something or tell a story on another random show, like the Don't Cry/Izzy one he told in Atlantic City, because he feels like it. Just like he may one time tweet about someone's birthday and another time he may not, or he may tweet generally randomly and then not tweet for months.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Nooo emoji sbagliate, questa è una buona notizia! Potrebbe significare che volevano suonarlo ieri, ma non l'hanno fatto per questo motivo. Quindi forse abbiamo qualcosa da aspettarci allora!

So...do we wait for Milwaukee?

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It makes sense he was sick, I'm glad he's okay. I don't think it has anything to do with HS being played. 

It sounds very possible to me. That is a very good reason to not play it. I still can't get over that hard school tease on tiktok on an official account shortly before the show! It's just so odd, like it's unlikely it was random.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It sounds very possible to me. That is a very good reason to not play it. I still can't get over that hard school tease on tiktok on an official account shortly before the show! It's just so odd, like it's unlikely it was random.

I just have given up hope with this band at this point mainly. We'll see if I get suckered into again next Thursday :D 

• Like 1