09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

29 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, similar boat here. 😂

I jumped on it last night because, after Mike Patton canceled all of the Faith No More/Mr. Bungle shows, I needed to come up with a good reason for Chicago to still be worthwhile. My Friday night outright got canceled, and Mr. Bungle was more or less the only reason I got Sunday tickets to Riot Fest. It ended being marginally more than the Mr. Bungle show on Friday, but at least I had the reassurance I got tickets I guess :shrugs: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm not driving up.  With the Dead there the next day it could have been a great get away.

Oh I thought you meant you were going to the show.

4 hours ago, GoBucky said:

My buddy flew in from Long Island for the next two shows and is staying in Wrigleyville tonight. He heard part of the soundcheck today but didn't hear Axl, which is bad for a Hard Skool possibility. They have some Gn'R flags hanging on the marquee. 

They might do another soundcheck tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I jumped on it last night because, after Mike Patton canceled all of the Faith No More/Mr. Bungle shows, I needed to come up with a good reason for Chicago to still be worthwhile. My Friday night outright got canceled, and Mr. Bungle was more or less the only reason I got Sunday tickets to Riot Fest. It ended being marginally more than the Mr. Bungle show on Friday, but at least I had the reassurance I got tickets I guess :shrugs: 

Any clue what Mike Patton’s mental health issues are that he’s dealing with? I don’t follow him very closely. 

17 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Any clue what Mike Patton’s mental health issues are that he’s dealing with? I don’t follow him very closely. 

Not really no, he just said he’s struggling with his mental health and it’s been exacerbated by the pandemic, and he doesn’t feel he can give his 100% onstage right now. 

Just now, Pskihq92 said:

What does everyone think the odds of Hard Skool are tonight? After the whole girl backstage thing and the media picking up on it I feel like it's more likely than ever

I'd give it a 15% probability. Not very likely but I won't fall out of my chair if it happens.

43 minutes ago, MattleyCrue said:

Just hoping it won’t be the same set list for like the 8th show in a row. At least a different song during the Encore! I love Maddy but There Was a Time would be awesome again!

They played “There was a Time” here a few years ago at the United Center. It was so fuckin’ badass. I uploaded my video to YouTube from front row/pit, but of course it was removed. 

I heard “Madagascar” at Louder Than Life and I gotta say, it was incredible. I wouldn’t be mad at all if they play it again tonight. 

But we’re getting “Hard Skool.” 

• Like 1

GNR better be fully aware of the of timing during the show, if not they may have the plug pulled, again.

Chicago Sun Times Jun 23, 2021:

The Cubs would get the go-ahead to hold a rare, midweek concert after Labor Day at Wrigley Field — Guns N’ Roses on Thursday, Sept. 16 — under an ordinance proposed by the local alderman to help the team’s billionaire owners recoup some of their pandemic losses.

The ordinance governing night games and concerts at Wrigley includes a strict prohibition to ensure area residents get some sleep on work and school nights: No midweek concerts after Labor Day, when summer vacation is over and kids are in school.

At Wednesday’s City Council meeting, local Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) introduced an ordinance to waive that post-Labor Day ban and allow the Cubs to hold a 6 p.m. concert on Sept. 16 featuring Guns N’ Roses.

That concert originally was set for Wednesday, July 21, but re-scheduled to Sept. 16 — after Wrigley got the go-ahead to return to 100% capacity for Cubs games and concerts.

“I’m trying to help the Cubs, to be honest with you. There’s less concerts than typically. And it’s been a rough season for everybody. Just because we’re mostly out of the pandemic [doesn’t mean there haven’t been] some huge economic losses for the neighborhood and the Cubs,” Tunney said.

“It’s a one-time exception. I’m not loosening the restrictions other than the fact that we had a pandemic year economically, health-wise and otherwise. It’s all trying to resurrect the local economy — not just the Cubs. It’s a school night. People have to get to bed. It’s an 11 [p.m.] shutdown. But I think the majority of residents understand that this is an exceptional year, as was last year.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

GNR better be fully aware of the of timing during the show, if not they may have the plug pulled, again.

Chicago Sun Times Jun 23, 2021:

The Cubs would get the go-ahead to hold a rare, midweek concert after Labor Day at Wrigley Field — Guns N’ Roses on Thursday, Sept. 16 — under an ordinance proposed by the local alderman to help the team’s billionaire owners recoup some of their pandemic losses.

The ordinance governing night games and concerts at Wrigley includes a strict prohibition to ensure area residents get some sleep on work and school nights: No midweek concerts after Labor Day, when summer vacation is over and kids are in school.

At Wednesday’s City Council meeting, local Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) introduced an ordinance to waive that post-Labor Day ban and allow the Cubs to hold a 6 p.m. concert on Sept. 16 featuring Guns N’ Roses.

That concert originally was set for Wednesday, July 21, but re-scheduled to Sept. 16 — after Wrigley got the go-ahead to return to 100% capacity for Cubs games and concerts.

“I’m trying to help the Cubs, to be honest with you. There’s less concerts than typically. And it’s been a rough season for everybody. Just because we’re mostly out of the pandemic [doesn’t mean there haven’t been] some huge economic losses for the neighborhood and the Cubs,” Tunney said.

“It’s a one-time exception. I’m not loosening the restrictions other than the fact that we had a pandemic year economically, health-wise and otherwise. It’s all trying to resurrect the local economy — not just the Cubs. It’s a school night. People have to get to bed. It’s an 11 [p.m.] shutdown. But I think the majority of residents understand that this is an exceptional year, as was last year.”

I think they can still play till 11. Fuck this alderman.