09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Please

Please 

Please 

Please 

Please don't let this thread get filled with more vaccination talk. 

I get why the question was asked but let's not go down that road in yet another thread. 

Please :)

I assume you're riding shotgun while posting this?!

In all seriousness, I hope everyone attending gets a great show. I'm not convinced with the Hardschool rumors, but how fucking cool would it be if they unveil it? I'd lose my shit.

And so would Russ when in the pit.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FabioRoses said:

Well, that's not how they did with Absurd, we knew that it was soundchecked, but I don't remember hearing it with Axl before they played it live. 

He secretly soundchecked it with them late at night before Hershey. There’s a pic to prove it (Axl singing in front of the Medusa graphic, was released before the Hershey show).

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

The fact that Axl wasn’t there to soundcheck HardSkool right now makes me a little more doubtful of it’s debut tonight tbh. But maybe it’ll still happen. Here’s hoping!

Axl never goes to the soundcheck in the day of the show

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I forget - was Absurd sound checked with vocals before it was played properly?

Yeah there was a secret soundcheck in the middle of the night at Hershey where he sang it. Meegan posted a pic that night of him singing in front of the Medusa graphic.

How many times has HardSkool been soundchecked now?

Hollywood Bowl 2019

Mexico 2020

Hershey 2021

Vegas 2021

LA 2021

Chicago 2021

…did I miss any?

Yeah there was a secret soundcheck in the middle of the night at Hershey where he sang it. Meegan posted a pic that night of him singing in front of the Medusa graphic.

Cool. Who knows what tonight will bring. I just hope the gig is better than that t-shirt….🤣

• Haha 1

How many times has HardSkool been soundchecked now?

Hollywood Bowl 2019

Mexico 2020

Hershey 2021

Vegas 2021

LA 2021

Chicago 2021

…did I miss any?

Probably every show this tour honestly. Lots of them just went unheard.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How often can you soundcheck a song without playing it once? Come on now!

Yeah it would seem they’re definitely planning on playing it live soon if they do it at almost every recent soundcheck that we know of. It wouldn’t be normal to do that otherwise would it?  Also iirc nobody has claimed they heard the whole sound check yesterday. So who knows. 

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

30th anniversary of UYI. Arguably the most important show of the whole tour leg. Every litho on this leg up until now has been badass… and they went with that?!

Yeah it would've been better if they did something referring to the anniversary.

Apart from HS this would be the perfect show to pull out some other UYI tunes but it probably won't happen based on what they did for the AFD anniversary show.

• Like 1