Jump to content

09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field


alfierose

Recommended Posts

If I was a betting man I'd probably go for the US leg wrapping up as it is, AUS/NZ not happening, and Europe being the same as the US set to start with, with Hard Skool dropping in in place of Absurd about half way through it. 

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It's now or never really. Never meaning this year. 

Yep. If it isn't tonight then we're done for 2021 I reckon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, GoBucky said:

My buddy flew in from Long Island for the next two shows and is staying in Wrigleyville tonight. He heard part of the soundcheck today but didn't hear Axl, which is bad for a Hard Skool possibility. They have some Gn'R flags hanging on the marquee. 

Quoting this post from yesterday. Apparently there was a soundcheck and Axl wasn't there (if he does soundcheck, he usually does it the day before of the show). 

 

It doesn't look good, tbh. Unless they did a late night secret soundcheck with Axl yesterday, I don't think they're playing it tonight.

Is it realistic to expect a midnight release without a live debut first? Or maybe they can just play the studio version over the PA after the show ends?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have high hopes for everyone attending. Personally I wish they’d wait on hard school, play some UYI deep cuts and bring out one or two of Gilby, Izzy, Sorum to join them. The AFD show at the forum was a bit of a let down so I’m kinda hoping they redeem themselves tonight by doing this. 
 

maybe I’m in the minority. I won’t complain with hard school though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I have high hopes for everyone attending. Personally I wish they’d wait on hard school, play some UYI deep cuts and bring out one or two of Gilby, Izzy, Sorum to join them. The AFD show at the forum was a bit of a let down so I’m kinda hoping they redeem themselves tonight by doing this. 
 

maybe I’m in the minority. I won’t complain with hard school though!

That would be cool too, although I don't think it's going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I have high hopes for everyone attending. Personally I wish they’d wait on hard school, play some UYI deep cuts and bring out one or two of Gilby, Izzy, Sorum to join them. The AFD show at the forum was a bit of a let down so I’m kinda hoping they redeem themselves tonight by doing this. 
 

maybe I’m in the minority. I won’t complain with hard school though!

Hard School, UYI deep cuts OR a guest would be more than I’m expecting. I’m just here for a good time with the best band inside the Friendly Confines. Once you expect more, you get disappointed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Quoting this post from yesterday. Apparently there was a soundcheck and Axl wasn't there (if he does soundcheck, he usually does it the day before of the show). 

 

It doesn't look good, tbh. Unless they did a late night secret soundcheck with Axl yesterday, I don't think they're playing it tonight.

Is it realistic to expect a midnight release without a live debut first? Or maybe they can just play the studio version over the PA after the show ends?

I mean his buddy admittedly only heard part of the soundcheck. It’s possible he missed the Axl part if he was there. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Why would they so openly tease at this stage in the game unless it's RIGHT around the corner.. 

Yeah, honestly they can F off if they don’t play it tonight. Ha. To put out that Tik Tok of HS when there have been numerous press stories this week concerning the song’s imminent release would be too much! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, honestly they can F off if they don’t play it tonight. Ha. To put out that Tik Tok of HS when there have been numerous press stories this week concerning the song’s imminent release would be too much! 

True. It's happening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...