08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, they went on almost exactly at 8pm in Detroit. 

Wow GNR went on that early? Awesome.  I had a friend who went to see Cypress Hills the other night and they came on late. Anyway, the venues in Dallas country only stay open until 11 p.m. so they had time to do a medley of their hits and that was it, which sucked.

I know in the past if GNR came on late and stayed on way past 11, they were charged a late feel.

Since my show is on a Wed I would welcome them coming on early so I can get to bed for work, even though I'm working from home.

thanks guys for letting me know. :headbang:

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

They started playing It's So Easy between 8:02-8:03PM according to my video clip of it.

Thanks this is awesome!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, kiwiguns said:

Touring is were artists make the money these days. 

Not sure why the focus is on attendence in the US. The US has been and is continuing to be affected by COVID-19. 

A large percentage of the population would have been directly affected by COVID-19. 

Proof of vaccination will become a standard requirement in all of our life's. 

Live Nation don't seem to have an issue with shows not selling out, i would suggest they as the promoter would have accepted that risk and happy to take the financial loss on the chain. 

They will recover those costs from other country markets. 

The way Australian is going with a daily increase in community cases and unfortunately COVID-19 deaths, the Australian leg of the tour is looking unlikely to go ahead. 

These things are outside of the bands control. 

New Zealand is safe at the moment, with no COVID-19 cases in the community, but my hope is starting to fade, as its highly unlikely if the Australian tour does not go ahead, the band won't fly to New Zealand for two shows only in this part of the world. 

The cost of flying staging, crew etc would outway the financial return on two fully sold out shows. 

The band band is coming to Australia and New Zealand as they know there is a market that will pay to see the band play live.

This market will attend these shows not because of new music, nor a change in a set list, or Axls vocals, but because it might be the last time they will get to see the band in their homeland. 

There are plenty of fans from different countries around the world in the same situation.

You guys in the US don't understand how lucky you are,given you can travel within the US to see the band, not having to venture outside of your own country. 

I could be proactive in the event of the New Zealand tour being cancelled, and jump on a flight to the US in a week to see my favourite band live, pay the cost of travelling and tickets, no problem, but unfortunately in my personal circumstances, due to Covid-19, I would then spend 14 days in a managed isolation hotel, confined to my room, on my return to New Zealand, costing me an extra NZ$3,500. 

I might simply have to accept the situation, including the affect of COVID-19 on the world, and full back on memories of last seeing the band play live in Auckland back in 2017.

TB secret covert member is that you? :lol: