08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I doubt it. They would likely want to push Absurd more since it has just been released. Hardschool will likely come in a few weeks or months, with i expect, its own single release.

The current tour has 26 dates. Splitting the promotion for both songs 50/50 means that they could focus on HS during the second half (starting with the Napa show) 

Edited by Sosso

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The tour is selling exceptionally poor. It's pretty sad to see. 

On the flipside, there's a lot of people going now (like me) who got heavily discounted for free tickets. So that's good I guess. 

People will still claim 'livenation know what they're doing' though and 'the show looked packed to me'. They see what they want to see, rather than actually looking at the larger picture. 

If it was always Livenation's plan to give away tickets and sell pit for $59 dollars.....then I suppose they do! 

It's great though for fans. Those prices are brilliant! Just feel sorry for people that paid full price. 

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

People will still claim 'livenation know what they're doing' though and 'the show looked packed to me'. They see what they want to see, rather than actually looking at the larger picture. 

If it was always Livenation's plan to give away tickets and sell pit for $59 dollars.....then I suppose they do! 

It's great though for fans. Those prices are brilliant! Just feel sorry for people that paid full price. 

Agreed. And I really do feel bad for those paid full price BUT when we're all there tomorrow, that won't matter. We'll all have a great time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

This is the reason that I haven't bought tix for any of the shows I'm going to yet except for tomorrow night, which was a last minute thing when they dropped to $59. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

This is the reason that I haven't bought tix for any of the shows I'm going to yet except for tomorrow night, which was a last minute thing when they dropped to $59. 

Seems like a very very sensible thing to do, given that it's about $200 cheaper than face value! Have fun! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

They should open with Absurd, close with Absurd, and even play it somewhere in the middle.

David Spade over here has some advice for GN'R 

(really old SNL reference, so hopefully it's not lost lol) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Did you get them on Ticketmaster? Also how close was it to show date when the tix dropped to that price? Thinking about going to the Banc of California stadium show and it’s in 12 days.

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

They should open with Absurd, close with Absurd, and even play it somewhere in the middle.

I would accept any other song than ISE as the opening song at this point. 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, James Bond said:

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with his sketches. I have failed you!

It was a long shot. 

He just used to have a thing on Weekend Update on SNL where he'd critique entertainment. 

There was one where he went on about how bands should only play their hits. He ended up by saying "I'm going to see Rush tomorrow night. They should open and close with Tom Sawyer and maybe play it a couple of times in the middle" 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

It was a long shot. 

He just used to have a thing on Weekend Update on SNL where he'd critique entertainment. 

There was one where he went on about how bands should only play their hits. He ended up by saying "I'm going to see Rush tomorrow night. They should open and close with Tom Sawyer and maybe play it a couple of times in the middle" 

I actually feel pretty good about that. Considering 99% of my posts on the Internet are facetious, I've clearly come up with something that could get me on SNL. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I still claim they know. They got the suckers, who were willing to pay 250 (just a fyi, in Hawaii there were plenty of tickets left until the day of the show, including pit, and tickets did NOT get reduced... so it might be a local promoter thing... I guess we'll have to see what happens on the rest of the tour). They will load off the remaining for 60 (including fees and inconvenience, it still is 85 $). And really, how many people are in US pits? 300? That won't break the bank. Overall, even with reduced prices, if they get the stadium somewhat full (and those first 3 shows have been somewhat full), they still gross around 4-5 million $ per show. For sure, it's not as much as the maximum hoped for, but still worthwhile. But either way, I welcome that sales are not as good as hoped for, maybe ticket prices will change in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

51 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I say make the whole playlist Absurd and do different versions - Reggae, Country, Funk, etc.

I would be ok with both of those things.

51 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I still claim they know. They got the suckers, who were willing to pay 250 (just a fyi, in Hawaii there were plenty of tickets left until the day of the show, including pit, and tickets did NOT get reduced... so it might be a local promoter thing... I guess we'll have to see what happens on the rest of the tour). They will load off the remaining for 60 (including fees and inconvenience, it still is 85 $). And really, how many people are in US pits? 300? That won't break the bank. Overall, even with reduced prices, if they get the stadium somewhat full (and those first 3 shows have been somewhat full), they still gross around 4-5 million $ per show. For sure, it's not as much as the maximum hoped for, but still worthwhile. But either way, I welcome that sales are not as good as hoped for, maybe ticket prices will change in the future.

Yep, definitely. I'd welcome that for sure. I simply can't afford the prices they're charging anymore. If I could, I'm not sure I could justify it to myself.

During the Nu-Gnr era I was always pleasantly surprised at the ticket prices. It's sort of across the board though- ticket prices have rocketed, and to my mind, that comes at the expense of atmosphere. 

It is what it is though. Tickets and their prices have been discussed many times. Let's hope the big price falls might be reflected in the future hey? 

• Like 1