08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

The current tour has 26 dates. Splitting the promotion for both songs 50/50 means that they could focus on HS during the second half (starting with the Napa show) 

That's assuming they only want to tour off two singles.

In my opinion Hardskool and other songs may make appearances whenever Axls up for singing them. Also not every new song performed needs to be a single.

Edited by vloors

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

That's assuming they only want to tour off two singles.

In my opinion Hardskool and other songs may make appearances whenever Axls up for singing them. Also not every new song performed needs to be a single.

I just talked about the North American Tour but that doesnt mean that they wont play more songs on the following dates 

• ABSUЯD 1

49 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

It'll be interesting to hear about crowd reaction to Absurd tomorrow night, and general audience reaction to it. 

They've already created a buzz(maybe just a little), my guess is some of the crowd members who has heard it would yell "absurd" along with axl. 

• Like 2

Ughhhh. I just realized they dropped dead horse and added patience at the met life show. Going to be absolutely bummed if that is a permanent change. Dead horse was the main reason I bought tickets.

I think it may be permanent cause absurd > dead horse will kill the momentum for the casual fan.

Dead horse has always been a favorite of mine but my 13 year old son who’s going with us tonight loves patience.  So I’m hoping they play it.  I wish they would drop all the covers like I wanna be your dog, seeker etc.  Any songs added should be actual GnR songs.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

Dead horse has always been a favorite of mine but my 13 year old son who’s going with us tonight loves patience.  So I’m hoping they play it.  I wish they would drop all the covers like I wanna be your dog, seeker etc.  Any songs added should be actual GnR songs.   

Agree on dropping covers. They have enough great GN'R material that they don't need to play other stuff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They have dropped the covers, though?

Duff's solo spot has been a TSI cover for the whole tour so replacing it with another cover is fine, and Slither is only 'kind of' a cover IMO, but they've dropped Black Hole Sun, The Seeker and Wichita Lineman... :shrugs:

- New song

- No awkward covers (Black Hole Sun) 

- No more solo spots than necessary (Layla & WYWH) 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I like the covers tbh.

Would be happy for them to release a TSI part 2 with the performances from the tour. 

The seeker and Wichita lineman are particularly great. 

Only as the Bonus disc for a new album 

• Like 1