08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

have a friend that just moved to Ann Arbor less than a month ago going to this show solo tonight. 

he's seen the band 3 times since 2016 and was debating going tonight. He literally took off today yesterday and bought a ticket as soon as he heard Absurd. I told him he had to go see the circus just one more time! 

If the pit tickets drop to $60 for the Dallas show, I really might think about attempting it....

• Like 2

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

have a friend that just moved to Ann Arbor less than a month ago going to this show solo tonight. 

he's seen the band 3 times since 2016 and was debating going tonight. He literally took off today yesterday and bought a ticket as soon as he heard Absurd. I told him he had to go see the circus just one more time! 

If the pit tickets drop to $60 for the Dallas show, I really might think about attempting it....

That’s exactly what I’m doing haha. I don’t have my ticket for Dallas yet either but I’m hoping that exact scenario plays out. 

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What a crazy time. 

I saw GN'R do new material in 2002 and 2006 but an album didn't come out until 2008. 

Then the soonest I got to see them after the album was released was 3 years later. 

Now, they've just released a new song by surprise 2 days ago and I get to hear it in person tonight. 

Wild times. 

Unless they don't play it tonight, this is GN'R after all 😄 But I hope they do! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 1

I wish I could share in your enthusiasm.  It didn’t occur to me at all to get tickets to this show. I already saw it in 2016. Silkworms as a new single is just too much lol. I’ll put my effort into dead and company. These 80 year olds + John Mayer are way more rock and roll than Guns N’ Roses. Axl Rose is a shell of his former self and the effort he puts into the Guns N’ Roses brand is just so sad and pathetic. Clearly punching in his time card for all he can and is the epitome of going thru the motions and resting on his laurels. More power to you guys.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

$59 Pits, I gotta say that is messed up for those who shelled out $290 on pits or even $500 on the VIP package, but as we know this band and management couldn't care less about the "fans" and are just trying to maximize every dollar possible, I am sure they are going to make sure the pit is packed in like a sardine if it means they are able to get the most money out of it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, k12 said:

$59 Pits, I gotta say that is messed up for those who shelled out $290 on pits or even $500 on the VIP package, but as we know this band and management couldn't care less about the "fans" and are just trying to maximize every dollar possible, I am sure they are going to make sure the pit is packed in like a sardine if it means they are able to get the most money out of it

I think the prices are set by the promoter? However I do agree it's unfair that people who put effort in to get an early ticket get burned with either poor seats of huge prices. 

The prices for this tour have been ridiculous. It shouldn't be a month's rent for a concert ticket!

• Like 2

Anyone thinking about the current Covid climate and how some, if not the rest of this tour might get cancelled? 

Jazzfest in NOLA was just cancelled after adding the Rolling Stones to their lineup, and every venue down here requires proof of Vax for entry and a mask even if you're already vaxed up. It would appear we are headed back into it..

Maybe thats why the boys decided to whip out the new track so early in the tour?

4 minutes ago, k12 said:

As GNR_RGR says above, the prices are set by the promoter (Live Nation).

They have advanced GNR a fee, and it's now their job to get as much as they can in ticket sales and hope it covers what they paid out.

Usually bidding is aggressive and promoter margins can be small, so if they are discounting this much, it's likely the tour is losing money for them.

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think the prices are set by the promoter? However I do agree it's unfair that people who put effort in to get an early ticket get burned with either poor seats of huge prices. 

The prices for this tour have been ridiculous. It shouldn't be a month's rent for a concert ticket!

Absolutely. They're clearly finding their price now, and I'm glad that people are getting a chance to go without crippling themselves financially. 

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I will bet anything GNR has a say in the prices, I would really love to know for sure, as said it is messed up not only for the fans who paid a stupid amount for a pit ticket to see it as a fraction of the cost, but as I predicted they are going to try and oversell the pits to try and make up for a loss in revenue (because they know people will buy a pit ticket at a cheap price if they are unsure of going) so the pits are going to be overcrowded and it is going to be a shitty concert experience for those who shelled out hundreds of dollars on their pit when it seems the Pits in the previous tour there was alot of room to move around in it

Edited by k12

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone thinking about the current Covid climate and how some, if not the rest of this tour might get cancelled? 

Jazzfest in NOLA was just cancelled after adding the Rolling Stones to their lineup, and every venue down here requires proof of Vax for entry and a mask even if you're already vaxed up. It would appear we are headed back into it..

Maybe thats why the boys decided to whip out the new track so early in the tour?

Anything’s possible.I for one thought we had turned the corner and the worst was behind us and now it’s looks like that was a bit of premature thinking 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That's the main reason I pulled the trigger tonight once tix dropped. We have a few more shows in a month and things are changing for the worst pretty quickly. I want to guarantee seeing a show before things get shut down. Sunmerfest in Milwaukee just mandated masks in September and that's outdoors. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, k12 said:

I will bet anything GNR has a say in the prices, I would really love to know for sure, as said it is messed up not only for the fans who paid a stupid amount for a pit ticket to see it as a fraction of the cost, but as I predicted they are going to try and oversell the pits to try and make up for a loss in revenue (because they know people will buy a pit ticket at a cheap price if they are unsure of going) so the pits are going to be overcrowded and it is going to be a shitty concert experience for those who shelled out hundreds of dollars on their pit when it seems the Pits in the previous tour there was alot of room to move around in it

LN sets the price. They adjust prices in real time according to demand. Of course they start high and try and cash in on early adopters. They will still make a profit on these shows cumulatively as they are the promoters for the entire tour 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I say this with zero sarcasm: they did all I asked for. They made slight changes to the overall set, then happened to release a new song. So I'm more than happy to go 

Enjoy you and your son! 👍

• Like 1