08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Gee, that's rough. Maybe it'll fill out before showtime? How long is it till Guns are expected to come on?

Wolf is playing his last cut now, so probably an hour or so?

My wife just told me MGM Grand is passing out free tickets at their door so I'm sure it'll fill up by show time. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

My wife just told me MGM Grand is passing out free tickets at their door so I'm sure it'll fill up by show time. 

Ouch.

I'm sure the band, or more to the point, Axl, is blissfully unaware. 

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Jebus. In this day and age this isn’t sustainable. GNR will lose a lot of money on future deals from promotors (they’re literally giving tickets away to anyone who walks through the door) and more importantly people who are tech savvy (which keeps increasing) will quit buying tickets in advance and just wait until days before the show for the cost to plummet.

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Jebus. In this day and age this isn’t sustainable. GNR will lose a lot of money on future deals from promotors (they’re literally giving tickets away to anyone who walks through the door) and more importantly people who are tech savvy (which keeps increasing) will quit buying tickets in advance and just wait until days before the show for the cost to plummet.

Not trying to defend but a Sunday night with COVID numbers going back up probably has something to do with this

• Like 1

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Not trying to defend but a Sunday night with COVID numbers going back up probably has something to do with this

Unlikely.....Phish is playing their third sold night in a row at Deer Creek tonight.  No excuses, most of us said this is what was going to happen.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I feel the same. not saying they don’t deserve this or it’s bad but things are weird right now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Unlikely.....Phish is playing their third sold night in a row at Deer Creek tonight.  No excuses, most of us said this is what was going to happen.

Doesn't that have like half the capacity of where GNR is playing tonight? I know Comerica is huge and is like 40K seats but don't recall if thats for baseball or concerts. Even still the stadium is much larger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Doesn't that have like half the capacity of where GNR is playing tonight? I know Comerica is huge and is like 40K seats but don't recall if thats for baseball or concerts. Even still the stadium is much larger

Capacity at Deer Crrek is now just shy of 25K, used to hold almost 27K but they added some amentieis, etc.   So, my point remains, there are clearly not going to be 25K people at Comerica...and if there are, most of them bought extremely discounted tickets or have been given free tickets.   Saying it's a Sunday and covid just doesn't work, that may account for like a 5K drop in attendance at a place like Comerica.  There just isn't enough interest in GnR at this time to fill a stadium, it's not hard to understand. 

4 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

It definitely can't be helping.

Sure it doesn’t help but I doubt it’s significantly hurting. It’s an outdoor show at a ballpark on a summer night  and IMO even people who take Covid quite seriously are now of the opinion that there is negligible risk when you’re outside. 

• Like 1

I initially thought trying to do stadiums again in the States was a huge mistake by promoters but the first 3 shows of this leg looked relatively full.Ticketmaster map tells a different story so I was somewhat surprised.Tonight looks like it’ll be the first show of the four so far to be played before a half full crowd though