08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

12 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Listening to Nightrain and not worried about Axl's vocal shape anymore. The concern is now his state of mental health, which is ABSURD! :lol::facepalm:

I kinda am, by the end of nightrain he was clearly trying to go for rasp and just couldn't. Plus all night long he was loosing control over his high register, but could not switch to his mid/low range, it was odd but familiar, probably physical damage at this point, but im not a doctor.

Silkworms was crazy indeed BTW,  go pitman !!!!

Edited by batatadoce
  • Like 2

That was fucking epic. Was just listening to both studio versions of Silkworms for the past several days and now they have played it. Live, for the first time in almost 20 years, with three guitarists that probably didn't have anything to do with its creation. Guns N' Roses' thought processes are... Fascinating.

13 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

You can tell he's trying so hard. 

this^^^His effort level was 100% there last night. I honestly felt like he gave everything he had

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Really hope they expand the encore soon. Just one song is pretty lame. 

Curfew was 10:15, show ended at 10:20, they probably would had they not gone on slightly late and played past curfew

• GNFNR 2

4 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

this^^^His effort level was 100% there last night. I honestly felt like he gave everything he had

Curfew was 10:15, show ended at 10:20, they probably would had they not gone on slightly late and played past curfew

Curfew has anything to do with covid restrictions? 

CANNOT believe they did Silkworms .... WOW .... Kinda sucks the "What can I do?" chorus has been replaced with just "Absurd!" because that has always been my favorite part of the song .... Man I'm really tempted to get tickets for tomorrow night's show now and take a drive up to North Jersey .... Just saw them on Saturday in Hershey but I still got the itch and if they debut something else I definitely want to be there

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the band seemed to be getting along just fine. As a matter of fact during Absurd (gotta get used to calling it that) Axl and Fortus looked at each other with big smiles on their faces . You could tell they were both thinking “I can’t believe we’re doing this!”

EDIT: this post was meant as a reply to someone else. My bad.

This too, Axl did this a few times. He interacted with frank once or twice laughing and smiling, he did something with duff at one point where they shared a smile mid song. Nothing really with slash but I definitely noticed this with Fortus

7 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Curfew has anything to do with covid restrictions? 

city rules. Always been there

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ah of course! Covid could explain it. Makes sense that they'd scrap the bow as a precaution. 

no bow scrap, they came back out after a minute and did it. I saw no band member use a mask on stage, looked live everyone off stage (including meegan) had one however

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Hardschool at next show i guarantee it

I really can't see him pulling it out the bag until he's satisfied with his voice. He seems to be struggling with his higher register, which going by the rehearsals in Mexico, is what he uses to sing Hardschool. I hope we do get it at some point soon, definitely.

21 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

is 2018 leak vdrsion of Silkworms the same of absurd that band have played yesterday? i mean also in the 2018 bumble version the lyrics refrain said Absurd?

I can't remember. I think the only version I have is the Village Leaks version. 

Maybe if I hear the latest studio leak again, I'll like it more? Doubtful, but maybe? Lol

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Maybe if I hear the latest studio leak again, I'll like it more? Doubtful, but maybe? Lol

The version they played last night is the one we got in 2018. It's the same arrangement.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The Village version leaked in 2019, and it is older, from 1999/2000 or so.

A newer version leaked in 2018 or so as mentioned, it was very close to what we heard live yesterday, but with Bumblefoot's lead guitar mixed in one channel.

We don't have a leak of the 2001 version they played live, only fan-made remixes, done quite well actually. I'd love to hear this version with Buckethead, over all else, along with OMG.

The Village version has the intro they played in 2001. The 2013 leak has the intro (or similar) to the one they played live in 2021.

Overall I like the newer version, but wish they had Josh on drums and kept Buckethead on it, and the chorus too. 

Edited by Sweersa

Maybe they downloaded the leaks and he was like oh yeah this song.  Seriously you never know. Lol.  I liked the 2001 chorus a bit better, but even that chorus didn’t sound finished if you watch the rio version or even the HOB one it’s almost like it’s not super confident.  Still cool that they did something beyond the same songs they’ve been doing.  Not new to many of us, but new to the masses. Very cool, either way small victory.

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The version they played last night is the one we got in 2018. It's the same arrangement.

Gotcha. I don't have that one around for whatever reason. I have the 2001 Village leaks one, which is the worst of all versions of a terrible song to begin with lol

• Like 1

I’m still really curious as to how many CD and CD demo songs were part of slash/duff sessions from mid/late 90’s before they quit. Like I wonder if they ever had heard them prior to quitting or skeletons of them.  Hardskool is one that to me sounds very old school UYi GNR to some extent aside from what you can tell is a buckethead solo. 

It would be cool - if they used that spot in the setlist for random stuff like this….leaks/never played studio stuff and rotate it every gig so you have no idea what you will get……you might get lucky and get Perhaps or not so lucky and get My World….🤣

NOTE - I’d love to hear My World live just once….Melissa with the sounds and Axl rapping away 🤣🤘