08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

11 hours ago, vloors said:

No goodbyes or bows from the band again. No interaction in the concert with Axl and the band mates.

Somethings not right.

Its pretty absurd 

not sure what show you were watching because all of that happened

• Like 3

Yeah the band seemed to be getting along just fine. As a matter of fact during Absurd (gotta get used to calling it that) Axl and Fortus looked at each other with big smiles on their faces . You could tell they were both thinking “I can’t believe we’re doing this!”

EDIT: this post was meant as a reply to someone else. My bad.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

Just now, AppetiteForDestruction said:

Let’s just say they need to come back to hershey and replay the show. Boston was great.

Hershey just seemed a mess - going in late/system issues and Axls voice…..just a dud gig unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Cruel Intentions said:

Anyone who was there know when GNR took the stage and how long they played for? I'm seeing them tomorrow.

Also, I don't even care that Absurd sucks. I just can't believe this band actually did colab together to make something semi new.

Started around 7:45 and ended around 10:15. So about two and a half hours.

• Like 1

I’m someone who hasn’t bothered with CD era songs that’s been leaked / unreleased. Hard school is the only song I’ve heard so this is new to me. So I’m thinking if this is any improvement on Silkworms then just how bad is the version from CD sessions ? 

I think I’ll now play My World loud and proud 😂

Probably the most ludicrous thing they could have done was play 'Silkworms/Absurd'. Which in my view is fucking fantastic. I've always had a soft spot for that song, and FINALLY it means the band have life! SOMETHING DIFFERENT! 

I'm actually really excited about this. Brilliant news. 

But.......it's also very weird. The song sort of worked in 2001, but in 2021? If ever a song has dated, it would be Silkworms. How will the 'woke world' react to it's lyrical content were it to be released? 

"Dragged down in the gutters it's more than you deserve, screaming fucking banshee you know that's what you are, pussy full of maggots" etc really is the sort of thing that people don't want to hear.....not to mention the fact that it's style REALLY won't be liked by the sort of people who rolling up to hear 'classic rock'. I mean, great, fuck those bores who want to put bands into moulds, but it's just SUCH an odd to thing to play when you consider these factors. 

Also, if the band are dusting off things from the late 90s, does this tell us Axl has written nothing since then? There are so many questions. 

Mainly though......I'm just thrilled they've done SOMETHING. That a lot of people really dislike Silkworms is sort of great too, A band making music will and probably should divide opinion. 

How was the rest of the show? As bad as Hershey? EDIT: just read the review above! 

What's going on with the lack of a bow? Have they ever NOT done that before? Even at really bad shows they have, right? Again, very odd. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I’m someone who hasn’t bothered with CD era songs that’s been leaked / unreleased. Hard school is the only song I’ve heard so this is new to me. So I’m thinking if this is any improvement on Silkworms then just how bad is the version from CD sessions ? 

I think I’ll now play My World loud and proud 😂

You can find live versions of the original Silkworm, Vegas 12/31/2000 and Rock In Rio January 2001

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably the most ludicrous thing they could have done was play 'Silkworms/Absurd'. Which in my view is fucking fantastic. I've always had a soft spot for that song, and FINALLY it means the band have life! SOMETHING DIFFERENT! 

I'm actually really excited about this. Brilliant news. 

But.......it's also very weird. The song sort of worked in 2001, but in 2021? If ever a song has dated, it would be Silkworms. How will the 'woke world' react to it's lyrical content were it to be released? 

"Dragged down in the gutters it's more than you deserve, screaming fucking banshee you know that's what you are, pussy full of maggots" etc really is the sort of thing that people don't want to hear.....not to mention the fact that it's style REALLY won't be liked by the sort of people who rolling up to hear 'classic rock'. I mean, great, fuck those bores who want to put bands into moulds, but it's just SUCH an odd to thing to play when you consider these factors. 

Also, if the band are dusting off things from the late 90s, does this tell us Axl has written nothing since then? There are so many questions. 

Mainly though......I'm just thrilled they've done SOMETHING. That a lot of people really dislike Silkworms is sort of great too, A band making music will and probably should divide opinion. 

How was the rest of the show? As bad as Hershey? EDIT: just read the review above! 

What's going on with the lack of a bow? Have they ever NOT done that before? Even at really bad shows they have, right? Again, very odd. 

I'm pretty sure that I saw a bowl pic with Ferrer using a mask. Don't know where btw.

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It really was a great show/experience.. Not perfect but was a fucking blast and better than the last time I saw them in 2017.  I still wish they would shake up the song order a bit. There are songs I wish they would have played that will probably creep up later in the tour like PTU, Locomotive and Think About You.. Out Ta Get me... But this was still only the second show. It is what it is..

Axl didn't sound great but you can see he was trying and the crowd was picking him up the whole show by singing a long loudly and I think he appreciated that.  It seemed that every time he had a crack or wtf moment  Slash would come right in and pick him back up with a killer solo or lead. They ended up packing the seats somehow and it looked pretty close to a full house and people were singing to nearly every song. 

I like the new  Jungle Intro and was happy that Axl worked the "You know where the fuck you are" back into it.

I was stoked to see You're Crazy and Dead Horse.. Slither isn't what it could be but still cool to see.. Even though I am not a fan of NITL Rocket Queen it was still great and the crowd participation makes it all good. I went to grab a beer and take a piss the song before it before it so I missed the Fortus intro which worked out perfectly :)

Say what you want about KOHD and I agree!! I would love to see a throwback version but people were still singing a long loud the whole time.. Not just the but chorus but the verses too. AND Axl brought back his signature "Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey" at one point which I thought was fucking awesome. It is the little things.

Nothing too exciting about Absurd.. It only took me a minute to realize it was a song from 20 years ago that I didn't like then.. Was still cool to see something different with that voice and sounded better than TIL, Better and all that stuff. 

Civil War and November Rain were great.. I really do think the tempo has been adjust on some of these songs which is great.. They feel much more loose.. I am sure Axl sounded Mickey on NR but again the crowd singing every word with him made up for it. 

Bummer about the one song encores but I am sure that will change as the tour moves on.. 

Slash was fucking great and people were showing him love the whole time...

After the Hershey show I was a bit weary walking into this one but it ended up being a great rock show and it appeared that fun was had by all. 

I think the whole board has been waiting on you to post 🤣. Glad it was a great show and that Hershey was hopefully (sad for them) just a bad day at the office.

• Like 1

Just now, guitarpatch said:

The biggest thing that hasn’t been said? 

This seriously opens the door for us to hear Axl sing the line “Who’s your Mac Daddy” live at a show one day 

Literally EVERYTHING is possible now! No joke!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It really was a great show/experience.. Not perfect but was a fucking blast and better than the last time I saw them in 2017.  I still wish they would shake up the song order a bit. There are songs I wish they would have played that will probably creep up later in the tour like PTU, Locomotive and Think About You.. Out Ta Get me... But this was still only the second show. It is what it is..

Axl didn't sound great but you can see he was trying and the crowd was picking him up the whole show by singing a long loudly and I think he appreciated that.  It seemed that every time he had a crack or wtf moment  Slash would come right in and pick him back up with a killer solo or lead. They ended up packing the seats somehow and it looked pretty close to a full house and people were singing to nearly every song. 

I like the new  Jungle Intro and was happy that Axl worked the "You know where the fuck you are" back into it.

I was stoked to see You're Crazy and Dead Horse.. Slither isn't what it could be but still cool to see.. Even though I am not a fan of NITL Rocket Queen it was still great and the crowd participation makes it all good. I went to grab a beer and take a piss the song before it before it so I missed the Fortus intro which worked out perfectly :)

Say what you want about KOHD and I agree!! I would love to see a throwback version but people were still singing a long loud the whole time.. Not just the but chorus but the verses too. AND Axl brought back his signature "Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey" at one point which I thought was fucking awesome. It is the little things.

Nothing too exciting about Absurd.. It only took me a minute to realize it was a song from 20 years ago that I didn't like then.. Was still cool to see something different with that voice and sounded better than TIL, Better and all that stuff. 

Civil War and November Rain were great.. I really do think the tempo has been adjust on some of these songs which is great.. They feel much more loose.. I am sure Axl sounded Mickey on NR but again the crowd singing every word with him made up for it. 

Bummer about the one song encores but I am sure that will change as the tour moves on.. 

Slash was fucking great and people were showing him love the whole time...

After the Hershey show I was a bit weary walking into this one but it ended up being a great rock show and it appeared that fun was had by all. 

Glad it was better than the Hershey show I saw on Saturday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Listening to Nightrain and not worried about Axl's vocal shape anymore. The concern is now his state of mental health, which is ABSURD! :lol::facepalm:

I kinda am, by the end of nightrain he was clearly trying to go for rasp and just couldn't. Plus all night long he was loosing control over his high register, but could not switch to his mid/low range, it was odd but familiar, probably physical damage at this point, but im not a doctor.

Silkworms was crazy indeed BTW,  go pitman !!!!

Edited by batatadoce
  • Like 2