08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

That high-pitched kinda raspy prerecorded scream - that's not in the Village version, though. 

Nor the “Absurd” parts.

They literally played the BBF version (from 2006, leaked in 2018). It’s almost the same, I didn’t notice any differences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

That high-pitched kinda raspy prerecorded scream - that's not in the Village version, though. 

Where I was sitting I couldn’t hear this at first, then I think they adjusted the mix and it cut through. I thought it was Melissa at the time for some reason then hearing a YouTube video after it wasn’t Melissa. Sounded newer and controlled

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Where I was sitting I couldn’t hear this at first, then I think they adjusted the mix and it cut through. I thought it was Melissa at the time for some reason then hearing a YouTube video after it wasn’t Melissa. Sounded newer and controlled

I deleted the post and put it here, but the answer is here:

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Nor the “Absurd” parts.

They literally played the BBF version (from 2006, leaked in 2018). It’s almost the same, I didn’t notice any differences.

7 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Technically it is Melissa since she'd be the one triggering it. ;)

But I see what you mean. If she was the one performing the raspy scream I might be asking why we don't get her to sing more of the set. :lol:

• Like 2

Here's my review! 

This was my second show (first was NITL 2016 at Gillette). I'm a sucker for pyro and was a little bummed they didn't have it but whatever. Opener went on time, and I believe Guns went on SLIGHTLY late but barely. Acoustics in Fenway park are terrible, but to me honest it helped Axl's case a bit. Mickey was barely noticeable in person (at least from where I was in the Grandstand). He is 100% seeing a vocal coach or something. I noticed the songs were MUCH SLOWER. They're all played down a key on the tempo. To compare, watch a video of WTTJ from 2016 vs 2021. It's much slower. Axl is also skipping lyrics when he's winded rather than trying to force them out, and it's much better this way. There were moments he skipped entire lines, but the fans singing along made it fine. I also noticed he was trying to sing in a deeper voice rather than go high, and there were points where he was going between the two voices (I noticed it a lot during Sweet Child O mine). I feel like he is very aware of the "mickey" voice and is trying to do something different. The band are clearly making efforts (especially playing slower).

Slash was of course on point, nothing surprising there. Duff was fantastic. Absurd was an incredible surprise, knowing it's Silkworms doesn't matter to me because it honestly was just fucking rad to hear the "We're gonna try something new..." speech in person. It was one of my "list items" The merch truck was sold out of the exclusive shirt in everything but small by 6 also, so if you want it in person get there sooner! I was bummed to not get Patience, Don't Cry, or Coma but I had those in 2016 so I'm not too bummed. Absurd was such a welcome surprise I am okay with it. It gives me hope we'll hear Hard School! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Here's my review! 

This was my second show (first was NITL 2016 at Gillette). I'm a sucker for pyro and was a little bummed they didn't have it but whatever. Opener went on time, and I believe Guns went on SLIGHTLY late but barely. Acoustics in Fenway park are terrible, but to me honest it helped Axl's case a bit. Mickey was barely noticeable in person (at least from where I was in the Grandstand). He is 100% seeing a vocal coach or something. I noticed the songs were MUCH SLOWER. They're all played down a key on the tempo. To compare, watch a video of WTTJ from 2016 vs 2021. It's much slower. Axl is also skipping lyrics when he's winded rather than trying to force them out, and it's much better this way. There were moments he skipped entire lines, but the fans singing along made it fine. I also noticed he was trying to sing in a deeper voice rather than go high, and there were points where he was going between the two voices (I noticed it a lot during Sweet Child O mine). I feel like he is very aware of the "mickey" voice and is trying to do something different. The band are clearly making efforts (especially playing slower).

Slash was of course on point, nothing surprising there. Duff was fantastic. Absurd was an incredible surprise, knowing it's Silkworms doesn't matter to me because it honestly was just fucking rad to hear the "We're gonna try something new..." speech in person. It was one of my "list items" The merch truck was sold out of the exclusive shirt in everything but small by 6 also, so if you want it in person get there sooner! I was bummed to not get Patience, Don't Cry, or Coma but I had those in 2016 so I'm not too bummed. Absurd was such a welcome surprise I am okay with it. It gives me hope we'll hear Hard School! 

So what time would you say they actually came on stage at?

Edited by Tyson

15 hours ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

I absolutely love that they're playing a reworked version of silkworms. The fact that slash is wearing a parody KFC shirt makes it even better!

Oh I didn't even realize the correlation there haha

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

What.The.Fuck. Only Axl, dudes, only Axl :lol:

I just checked it and, even though 'a pussy full of maggots' is an image I'd  rather not to have showing up in my brain,  I think they sounded good overall - Axl included.

I don't even know. Crazy motherfucker.  Maybe next show they'll debut Cornshucker :rofl-lol:

Cornshucker could be part of Duff's spot.

I'm not super familiar with Silkworms so this song is pretty new to me. Just cool to hear something newish that's obviously been tinkered with by the current lineup.