08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Why must they continue to play Better... :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

Please shelve Better. Sounds like absolute garbage the way Axl performs it now.

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd want Better put out the pasture, but the time has come. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Axl just needs to use his low/natural voice as much as possible. Definitely still has total control over it and it just sounds so much better. Save the highs for only when absolutely necessary and take advantage of the fact that Melissa is there and have her take some of the high parts while harmonizing in a lower voice. Rearrange if needed like Robert Plant does.

Even prime level Freddie Mercury would do that (let Roger Taylor take the highs) and he'd often duck high notes if his voice wasn't feeling up to it. Sounds far more professional and pleasing that way. Paul Stanley too. Even before his voice really went downhill he was letting Eric Singer take all the high harmonies.

This is why Michael Anthony was so important to Van Halen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Something about "toning it down" and "warm, fuzzy feelings."

He made that same joke at ACL two years ago. It’s so boring. I never thought GNR could become boring but they are so boring. 

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd want Better put out the pasture, but the time has come. 

It should have come years ago. God he used to crush that song. In 2006 it was so incredible. Now it’s just a falsetto wheeze 

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Better is one of my favorite Guns N Roses songs and I agree.

Watched the first half of jungle and it wasn't too bad compared to the last show