08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

This is the first time in my life I will get to experience the feeling of my favorite band releasing new music. 

Yes, I know it's Silkworms of all songs. Yes, I already have the Village leak and the Bumblefoot version. Yes, it's objectively a shit song. 

But seeing as I wasn't even alive during their prime and I wasn't quite a fan yet in 2008, I've never experienced a Guns N' Roses new music release. It's finally happening now. 

A little overwhelming, to be honest. You could even say...absurd (I'll see myself out). 

Anyway, I love this band. I'm just ticking down the minutes until I see it on Spotify. :heart:

I feel the exact same way. Was born after the breakup & didn't become a fan until 2011

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

This is the first time in my life I will get to experience the feeling of my favorite band releasing new music. 

Yes, I know it's Silkworms of all songs. Yes, I already have the Village leak and the Bumblefoot version. Yes, it's objectively a shit song. 

But seeing as I wasn't even alive during their prime and I wasn't quite a fan yet in 2008, I've never experienced a Guns N' Roses new music release. It's finally happening now. 

A little overwhelming, to be honest. You could even say...absurd (I'll see myself out). 

Anyway, I love this band. I'm just ticking down the minutes until I see it on Spotify. :heart:

Happy for you! I became a fan in 2004 and still remember how it felt hearing ChiDem leaks for the first time and spending hours listening to them on my crappy mp3 player. Finally a happy day for this sad community!

• Thanks 1

Just got back from the show. Awesome time! Axl didn't sound his best, but he was easily the most engaged, happy and energetic I've ever seen him. I thought he sounded fine overall. Didn't really struggle with any songs except for You Could Be Mine and he completely butchered Chinese Democracy. They definitely are playing with a slower tempo on this tour, my guess is to help his voice. I couldn't fuckin believe it when he announced the new single dropping at midnight. Overall, a really, really fun show. It was nice to experience live music again, as much as I hate stadium shows. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

1996: Slash left the band because he didn't like the direction Axl was taking the sound

2021: Silkworms Is the first official new release from Axl/Slash................

WTF

He never complained about the musicial direction. He just complained about the whole "Axl as a dictator" thing. 

Glad everyone at the show had a great time. Unfortunately I just heard WTTJ on YouTube and the sound guy needs to give Axl support. His voice seems very thin to the point that it’s hard to hear him. Maybe give him some reverb support so it sounds a bit more full. Idk. Not many people will check it out on YouTube so it doesn’t matter, but might make him sound better/clearer live