08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

17 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Just watched Better from last night. Please, please, drop it. Axl went low voice in some spots, fine, but the rest is just... omg. 

Yeah when I was at Hershey I thought everything was at least acceptable except for better which is just a train wreck.  Replace it with hard school lol

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah when I was at Hershey I thought everything was at least acceptable except for better which is just a train wreck.  Replace it with hard school lol

My guess is he would struggle with Hard School too. He doesn't want to debut a new track with iffy vocals. Best to wait till he can pull it off.

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

That’s true. It was packed. No question.

Can I ask a genuine question to you guys that attended, because I have tickets for shows coming up in a few months in Australia (possibly cancelled though). Is there any COVID requirements? Like do the band, or the event promoter or venue require everyone to be vaccinated and show proof of that? Any other COVID regulations at all? 

• ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

So you're saying we're never gonna hear it? :(

Ha, that's not what I was saying... listening to last nights show on YouTube, he still sounds a bit wobbly, but better than the first show. If he can keep strengthening his voice then perhaps it'll sound acceptable for Hard School soon enough. But what do I know?

1 hour ago, Cruel Intentions said:

Also, Axl kept randomly singing "You Got What I Need" by Biz Markle and got the crowd to sing along with him. Also dedicated KOHD to him and told a story about a time they met in 2006 when Biz saw Axl's car parked outside of a club.

Can I ask a genuine question to you guys that attended, because I have tickets for shows coming up in a few months in Australia (possibly cancelled though). Is there any COVID requirements? Like do the band, or the event promoter or venue require everyone to be vaccinated and show proof of that? Any other COVID regulations at all? 

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also saw the biz markie tribute..Axl can’t hold a note currently. I’d assume he never had any musical training if I only heard him sing that. Sorry if I’m being too critical. It just might help if he gets the technical parts of his vocals back! 

Axl is done vocally, to be honest. I was listening to some renditions of better from 2018 yesterday and things are so much worse now than they were back then (and consider they weren't great by any means).

As I've been saying, Axl's voice is damaged, the best way to find some enjoyment in GNR is to make peace with the fact that there won't be another vocal ressurgence for Axl. Hopefully he finds a way to use his regular voice more in songs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

There were not any at the Hershey show 

51 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also saw the biz markie tribute..Axl can’t hold a note currently. I’d assume he never had any musical training if I only heard him sing that. Sorry if I’m being too critical. It just might help if he gets the technical parts of his vocals back! 

I mean, he was just screwing around and having fun with it by getting the crowd involved. I didn't think he was really "trying" to sing it if that makes sense?

12 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

No regulations at the NJ show tonight. Some people had masks, but that was just a personal choice if you wanted to wear one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chester said:

What's the next single? I'm gonna bet on 'Nothing', it has slightly less lyrics but would be slightly more Absurd than Absurd. 

My bet is on Hard School since it is the other "new" song on the setlist

46 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Axl is done vocally, to be honest. I was listening to some renditions of better from 2018 yesterday and things are so much worse now than they were back then (and consider they weren't great by any means).

As I've been saying, Axl's voice is damaged, the best way to find some enjoyment in GNR is to make peace with the fact that there won't be another vocal ressurgence for Axl. Hopefully he finds a way to use his regular voice more in songs.

Yea not to turn this into another vocal thread but it is odd for someone to who is so naturally gifted as a singer to completely lose the ability to hold a note. It actually sounds like he can’t hear himself. I use to be able to pick out areas of songs that he could still do well on, but currently there’s not much good. 
Im not saying this to complain or anything, at this point i don’t follow as much I use to, but we can all hear it. Glad he’s still up on the stage and in good shape this year! Hope they keep rockin for many years to come and that if he is struggling vocally that he can seek the proper help to impress a new generation of fans !

He used about 7 different voices on Nightrain tonight. Looks like after a few lines of using his lower compressed vocals starting at “Well I’m a west coast..” that it makes him want to throw up. He gets to the “I gotta dog eat dog sly smile” line and I guess he mistimed his breathing for that line because he had to switch up vocally after “I gotta”. I would bet he is simply vocally out of shape at the moment. Doesn’t seem like he sang much over the break, I would expect him to be better overall later in the tour. He’ll be able to sustain that compression on his vocals better too. Just an example though from what I’m hearing from the videos tonight. It’s live so it’s never perfect but the breathing and vocal stamina appears to be an issue throughout the show.

Also if you want to hear an example of him not being able to hold a note due to stamina right now listen to the first “Never to returrrrnn” on nightrain his voice just jumped to a different pitch mid note. It’s crazy 

Edited by IncitingChaos

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

He used about 7 different voices on Nightrain tonight. Looks like after a few lines of using his lower compressed vocals starting at “Well I’m a west coast..” that it makes him want to throw up. He gets to the “I gotta dog eat dog sly smile” line and I guess he mistimed his breathing for that line because he had to switch up vocally after “I gotta”. I would bet he is simply vocally out of shape at the moment. Doesn’t seem like he sang much over the break, I would expect him to be better overall later in the tour. He’ll be able to sustain that compression on his vocals better too. Just an example though from what I’m hearing from the videos tonight. It’s live so it’s never perfect but the breathing and vocal stamina appears to be an issue throughout the show 

Yeah so he's either just way out of touch from not staying in practice or it's just gone. I do think that it's damaged to some degree and won't be the same again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Are you joking?   He cracked his voice on purpose as the tribute cover is purposely not in tune either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

No regulations.  So much shit is gonna change before your show, I'd wait until its close to show time to look into it.  Foo Fighters show in June at MSG DID require vaccination proof, but it was really a joke of a check.  First off, our CDC cards could be photocopied as they are nothing special at all, no holograms, etc... , secondly, they didn't even ask for ID when checking them, so 100 people spaced out could show the exact same photocopy and name and they would been fine.

That said, I'm not condoning xeroxing some CDC cards or anything, just get the stupid shot and move on..,, but no requirements at either CitiField on Wednesday for hella mega tour, or Thursday at Metlife for GNR.  There were very few masked people inside.

• Like 1

Just watched some Youtube videos from the gig. Sounding better as the gigs go on especially slash! good to see the set lists have been trimmed down too. Is that the gold circle pit down the front? doesnt even look half full? are tickets not selling well for this tour?