08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Don't tell that to our friend above. He'll tell you to "go fuck yourself"! Haha! 

Not at all.  I have no issue with someone having a different perspective.  I just have zero tolerance for disrespect.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

They did....but a lot seemed to flag it too. I have no idea- I haven't watched a video from it. I did see some of Hershey though.....and that really, really was not a live band 'no-one can hold a candle to'. It's a crazy claim to say they're the best live band in the world. 

That's purely subjective. If he thinks so, that's his opinion. 

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Not at all.  I have no issue with someone having a different perspective.  I just have zero tolerance for disrespect.  

Like maybe telling people to "go fuck themselves" for disagreeing that GNR are the best live band in the world? 

Or is that respectful? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's purely subjective. If he thinks so, that's his opinion. 

Yep. And it's my opinion they most definitely aren't. But apparently "go fuck yourself" is the most suitable response to a difference in opinion. 

But there we go. I think this forum is slightly above the level of getting angry and dishing out insults because someone doesn't share the same opinion. Not that I could really give a damn of course as he seems to be of the 'you lot want to get off the internet forums' school. Which is always an odd stance to take while posting on a forum! 

So far based on what I have seen, I am still choosing the Black Crowes show on the 19th in LA over the GNR show.  I don't need to see a worse sounding Axl singing the same set I saw 2016 but with Absurd in it lol.  I think I will choose a different musical experience with a singer that is killin' it vocally right now

All I can say is I feel bad for anyone who didn't catch GNR in that first year of the reunion, sadly it doesn't seem like Axl's voice is gonna bounce back at this point

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

So far based on what I have seen, I am still choosing the Black Crowes show on the 19th in LA over the GNR show.  I don't need to see a worse sounding Axl singing the same set I saw 2016 but with Absurd in it lol.  I think I will choose a different musical experience with a singer that is killin' it vocally right now

All I can say is I feel bad for anyone who didn't catch GNR in that first year of the reunion, sadly it doesn't seem like Axl's voice is gonna bounce back at this point

Saw the Black Crowes here on Sunday.  Solid show, not sure Chris Robinson is "killing it", but it was a good show.  I'm going to see Guns here in September, but only b/c I have friends here who wanted to go see them and I said sure, why not.  Could have easily passed on them.    If I had not had already bought a ticket everything about their performances this year so far would have dissuaded me from doing so.  Simply change Hard Skool as the new tune they are playing as opposed to HOT STEAMING PILE OF SHIT, I mean Absburd and that all changes, I'd be highly inclined to go see them.  The show is the same I've seen 4 times already with longer jams, tunes I and most everyone wants to hear not being played and a song that is just garbage thrown in the mix.  But, I've already got my ticket, so that's all a moot point lol.

• Like 1

I was at the show last night. It was a solid performance!! Absurd sounds good in person. It's a catchy tune. GNR was on fire last night. from the beginning.  First time I did notice that Axl was skipping lines in  a few songs. It kinda caught me a bit off guard with that. It's clear that he's doing it to save some breathing when sining. His voice comes off much better when you are in person than watching the streams or YouTube.  Slash and Duff were great.  Both Slash's and Duff's solo spots were great! 

One issue that I do have though with the concert is the fans. I got nailed in the back of my head by some stupid drunk guy walking back to his seat with  beers in his hand. I had an aisle seat and was sitting. The guy in the above row wasn't watching where he was going and nailed me with his shin. That hurt. Never apologized. I had to tap the guy on his foot to tell him WTF. He apologized after that. This same guy was banging the empty seat next to my friend as though he was playing the drums. My friend and I were totally annoyed by this jacka$$. I know GNR is energetic, but you have to chill out when you are at a show.  

Edited by Draguns

Getting caught up with some of this show and it seems like Axl is making some wise vocal decisions. Still some problem areas but he's ducking some high notes as needed and starting to use his natural voice in substitution as opposed to going for the highs when his voice just isn't getting there. It's an improvement over the previous couple shows for sure. A much more professional approach. If he can work out the tonality of "Mickey" then I think we'd have a perfectly acceptable approach to the songs.

Maybe outside of Better and You Could Be Mine.

I was at the show…flew from TN yesterday and flew back today. Some thoughts….

Don’t know if it’s watching the first 2 shows online but Axl for the most part was solid last night and much better than the first 2. I felt he faded vocally toward the end of the show. But he seemed to have a great time performing.

Someone brought up Nightrain and it being bad. As we all know that’s the last song before the encore and I think when it gets to that point he’s done vocally.

It was great to hear a new song and get patience added to the encore.

My only issue was other fans. I was 3rd row behind the pit, aisle seat. The people coming down from let’s say less desirable seats and crowding the aisles pissed me off. Miracle I didn’t go to jail last night. “Security” and the venue employees were worthless. 3 times I had to physically move people and one time when my son and I went on a beer run we came back to find people in our seats.

That said we had a great time! It was the largest venue I’ve ever been to and the energy was incredible! Funny because I, in the past, have preferred small venues.

Wife and I are going to the Sept 12th show in Atlantic City. Who knows….maybe even more new music by then and more songs performed!

6 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

D891A023-EE8C-47A6-84E7-2EA77FAB0E21.jpeg

That’s awesome! Had I known the aisle would have turned out like it did I would have been in the pit with you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

You saw You’re Crazy and Dead Horse in 2016? Wow! Where at?

20 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

You saw You’re Crazy and Dead Horse in 2016? Wow! Where at?

Well I did see YC in 2012 already - all in all you get the jist though lol.  A worse sounding Axl and not enough substantial changes in the set to keep me interested to see them as opposed to a band that is sounding way better this year that I can see instead that same night

Edited by WhazUp