08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

1 hour ago, goldentobacco said:

Was just about to say….they are playing a dangerous game asking that! 🤣

I asked for Hardschool, Oh My God, Don’t Damn Me and a brand new never before heard from the upcoming album!!!! 🤘

If you don’t ask you don’t get!

• Haha 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

I asked for Hardschool, Oh My God, Don’t Damn Me and a brand new never before heard from the upcoming album!!!! 🤘

Can you imagine a GN'R by request tour? Like Metallica did. 

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Are links to streams and YouTube clips allowed to be posted during shows on here? Honestly not sure if I want to become a club member if no links are allowed at all.

People have been posting links to Facebook live streams in previous threads so I don't see an issue with that.

Youtube videos are a problem unfortunately and one for which our hands are tied. If someone posts YT videos the channel that posts them ends up targeted then in turn this forum gets reported for having hosted them. This is why we had to implement the no copyrighted material/only official band video rule. We aren't pleased about it but we don't want to be shut down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Fernando tells Axl that they mostly wanted to hear Black Hole Sun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Bummer. That probably means they won’t play it tonight then.

is there a recording at least?

I mean I doubt they’d want to “debut” a new song with Axl actually singing in soundcheck mere hours before the actual show as people can hear it outside the stadium. I give it a 51% chance they play it tonight…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

People have been posting links to Facebook live streams in previous threads so I don't see an issue with that.

Youtube videos are a problem unfortunately and one for which our hands are tied. If someone posts YT videos the channel that posts them ends up targeted then in turn this forum gets reported for having hosted them. This is why we had to implement the no copyrighted material/only official band video rule. We aren't pleased about it but we don't want to be shut down.

Thanks for the info. Seems reasonable.

• Like 1

I think people might be getting a bit carried away with the old "don't post the setlist" thing, expectations wise. 

Does anyone think it will be different, honestly? It'll look identical, with Hardschool on the alt list. That doesn't mean it won't get played of course, but throwing in Silkworms/Absurd last gig really won't mean the setlist changes I don't think. 

Just now, W. Axl Kev said:

Axl didn't appear for soundcheck whatsoever.

Never a good sign! 

12 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I mean I doubt they’d want to “debut” a new song with Axl actually singing in soundcheck mere hours before the actual show as people can hear it outside the stadium. I give it a 51% chance they play it tonight…

If they do play it tonight:

Chinese Democracy 2: Electric Boogaloo starts now

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, downzy said:

Updated first post with litho:

232719885_391008405721255_84406453613936

Forum now closed to visitors. 

It will remain open to members for the next three hours. 

If you wish to follow along while the show is live and you are not a Club Member, please buy a Club Membership here:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/store/?/store/=

Cheers! 

Now a club member! Hoping for something cool tonight! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping you guys get Hardschool. We just need to hope Axl is on form and feels comfortable with trying it. I wouldn't worry too much about him not showing up to rehearse, it's not as if we had any footage of him doing Silkworms, so you never know! What a weird buzz that must be for Dizzy though, having his song brought back after 20 fucking years! This fucking band!!! :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK, I'm just gonna put this out in the universe and hope for the best:

Wouldn't it be something if they played HS tonight, then dropped both songs on Spotify tomorrow? 

I said this after I heard "Absurd" the other night. "How cool would it be if while they're playing 'Hard Skool' for the first time, it's simultaneously dropping on all streaming platforms?" 

Every article that picks up "Guns N' Roses introduces new song" would have a link to Spotify. Instant buzz. But this is GNR so ...

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

A closed mouth doesn't get fed!