08/11/21 - Fargo, ND - FargoDome

alfierose

5 hours ago, downzy said:

Agreed.  Especially when there are some great UYI songs that are easier (relatively) to sing.

You Ain't The First
Bad Obsession
Don't Cry
So Fine (instead of a Stooges cover)

Or even covers that people associate with GNR like Down on the Farm, Since I Don't Have You, or even Sympathy for the Devil.

I wish they had a little more faith in their own classic material.  

I find it funny that Axl said they have a new song. And if you don't like they're gonna play it anyway. In my case, I don't like half the set list. It's not just about one song. Does he really believe we're pissed off because of ONE fuckin song?

Edited by Padme

27 minutes ago, Padme said:

I find it funny that Axl said they have a new song. And if you don't like they're gonna play it anyway. In my case, I don't like half the set list. It's not just about one song. Does he really believe we're pissed off because of ONE fuckin song?

He was joking around as far as I can tell

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'd say Beta squealed on the folks from her latest brilliant online communication... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't mind the Seeker and they do a good job on WL, just wish they would make DH, PTU, TAY staples of the set. Shorten KOHD and you can fit all of them in there. And then rotate some of those other alts.

Yeah those are good choices too. I don't see why they can't do both Patience and Don't Cry.

As much as I love DH, they have butchered it every time they played it. 

I think they could probably do a decent version of PTU though, not sure why it hasn't been played. PTU is definitely more popular than a few songs in the current set.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It reminds me of Freddie Mercury talking about the hot space album which didn't have many fans at the time and he basically said towards the end that people may not like it but they wanted to try some new sounds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

As much as I love DH, they have butchered it every time they played it. 

I think they could probably do a decent version of PTU though, not sure why it hasn't been played. PTU is definitely more popular than a few songs in the current set.

It would be cool, but I'm afraid there's exactly that slight rasp that he doesn't do these days any more... 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Chill out. He was only referring to absurd not being everyone's favorite.

Joking or not, How many people here wanted Absurd/Silworms? I have no problem if Axl sings Absurd, Wichita Lineman and The Seeker in the shower. People buying tickets deserve a lot more

• Like 1

We

More like him and whoever did the piss poor job on editing, mixing, mastering and tricking Slash and Duff into laying down guitar and bass for this track. Produced by whoever whispered in his ear that this track might have "potential" and come "out of left field" to "gain attention" and be a good opportunity to let the music crack a "joke" at the expense of the fanbase who is the very foundation of him being in the position to pollute the air with such nonsense in the first place.

got a new

It's not new, it's a 20 year old leftover that's been tinkered to death with because he can't songwrite his way out of a wet paperback anymore.

song

It's not a song, it's an abortion of a brainfart, a prime example of how to not do it, a slap in the face of everyone who regardless personal taste and preferences actually does make an effort to produce music worth listening to.

If you don't like it, that's okay, we're gonna play it anyway.

If people who have no use for the work he's being paid millions of dollars for don't attend his shows or buy his records anymore, that's okay, he doesn't give a fuck anyway. Only thing he cares for is money and he got plenty of that.

He's used to playing half empty venues and weddings with DJ Ashba TM, but even with Slash back in the band they already had to hand out free tickets to fill up Detroit to at least 60% capacity - while the tour's next stop is fucking Fargo of all places. What's next? Joe's Bar in Shittown, Nowhere?

Live And Let Die, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Wichita Lineman, The Seeker...

So much for "all new show", "we're back" and a potential "new album".

Edited by adamsapple
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think far too much is being read into Axl's comment. 99% sure he was just being facetious.

I'm impressed that he knows a lot of people don't like it and he's just laughing it off. I'm sure he was aware that the song was going to divide opinion.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

the new Guns N Roses single. 

Silkworms is not new. It was played in RIR 2001. Sure they made changes. But at the end it's the same shit with diferent smell.

If you like it, good for you. But I won't give them an standing ovation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Silkworms is not new. It was played in RIR 2001. Sure they made changes. But at the end it's the same shit with diferent smell.

If you like it, good for you. But I won't give them an standing ovation.

Wait. What? I know nothing about the history of the band, so I didn't know it wasn't a new song. Silkworms?? What is that? Tell me more! 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. What? I know nothing about the history of the band, so I didn't know it wasn't a new song. Silkworms?? What is that? Tell me more! 

Hey! You said you're happy to hear " a new single" Single yes, but new, not so much I'm afraid

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

More like him and whoever did the piss poor job on editing, mixing, mastering and tricking Slash and Duff into laying down guitar and bass for this track. Produced by whoever whispered in his ear that this track might have "potential" and come "out of left field" to "gain attention" and be a good opportunity to let the music crack a "joke" at the expense of the fanbase who is the very foundation of him being in the position to pollute the air with such nonsense in the first place.

It's not new, it's a 20 year old leftover that's been tinkered to death with because he can't songwrite his way out of a wet paperback anymore.

It's not a song, it's an abortion of a brainfart, a prime example of how to not do it, a slap in the face of everyone who regardless personal taste and preferences actually does make an effort to produce music worth listening to.

If people who have no use for the work he's being paid millions of dollars for don't attend his shows or buy his records anymore, that's okay, he doesn't give a fuck anyway. Only thing he cares for is money and he got plenty of that.

He's used to playing half empty venues and weddings with DJ Ashba TM, but even with Slash back in the band they already had to hand out free tickets to fill up Detroit to at least 60% capacity - while the tour's next stop is fucking Fargo of all places. What's next? Joe's Bar in Shittown, Nowhere?

Well, when you put it like that…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Axl should incorporate this post as new verses for Absurd. It goes along very well.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Hey! You said you're happy to hear " a new single" Single yes, but new, not so much I'm afraid

LOL.....the single was released to the public last Friday for the first time ever. Thus.....new single. I never said anything about it being a new song. 

• Like 1