08/13/21 - Missoula, MT - Grizzly Stadium

alfierose

17 minutes ago, James Bond said:

He also could have mixed up the fact that there are some clips from Donington in the music video as well, so he may have been thinking of two performances on that front too.

Maybe they cut one PC out of the audio recording?

1 hour ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Agreed. I am impressed because I thought that the elevation might have had an impact on him. I'm not too much worried about Denver now.

On a side note, Slash is doing more improvisation on guitar solos lately and I dig it.

I keep saying this but you won’t even notice in person. It comes across so powerful in person that it’s the last thing you’re thinking about.

Great that he’s warming up though. His voice is so high pitched and unique it’s probably easy to pick holes in it. I still think he sounds great.

10 hours ago, LlamaRenegade said:

Axl before Absurd: "We're gonna do a song now... I know, I know, it's still a shock, yes. It's a shock to us as well. You might like it, you might not, it's okay. We're gonna do it anyway. This is called Absurd."

After Absurd: "Thank you, you're too kind... Eh, either way it's really fun to do that song."

Pretty good quotes from Axl.  Seems like he considers it a “fun song”, realizes it’s not everyone’s “cup of tea” and is “ok” with it.  

Personally, I was never a fan of the “Silk Worms” version and only heard this version once or twice but it didn’t “jump out at me” either.  I might enjoy it more live if they decide to play it in Florida. 

• ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT GET BETTER IF THEY PLAY IT IN FLORIDA!?!? 

? lol

I said “I might enjoy it (more) live if they play it when they’re in Florida”  

I plan on going to one of the Florida shows and haven’t heard it live.  Hope that clarifies it for you.   No need for caps either.  :lol:

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, nycgunner said:

That’s cool they did Don’t Cry. One of my favorites. I’ve seen GNR ~10 times and they’ve never played it at those shows!

It seemed to be a last second decision.  Slash had one guitar on the side of the stage before the encore and right before they came back out he switched guitars.  I don't know if they were just going to do PC or The Seeker first but I was happy to get Don't Cry. 

18 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

? lol

I plan on going to one of the Florida shows and haven’t heard it live.  Hope that clarifies it for you.   No need for caps either.  :lol:

Shit, I assumed you would recognize my banter.

Hey, nice to me you. I'm Soulmonster and I tend to joke about things.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

? lol

You’re officially “Florida Man”.  😘 :lol: 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

"Florida Man Enjoys Absurd Song At Rock Concert"

“Florida man bought sambucas at GnR show in 2016 and I almost vomited all over the bar.” :lol: 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Pretty cool t shirt 💀

Looks like GNR are doing special t shirts again for the different cities. I hope the Dallas one doesn't have any cowboy on it. So sick of every damn Dallas shirt with a nod to the Dallas Cowboy. Although the basketball team the Mavericks play in the American Airlines venue, so they might have a basketball player or I would like a hockey one better.  anyway, will buy the Dallas shirt for sure.

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

“Florida man almost got me into a fight at the second Vegas gig for smoking in the pit and jumping around like a lunatic.” 😂

Glad the venue stopped smoking. I don't smoke and I'm allergic, so happy smoking is out.

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just read Wolfie Van Halen's band has cancelled some GNR dates due to a team member getting covid.

Let us know when you attend a GNR concert soon, who will be the opening act now?

Only last night's show (no opener replaced them) and the next Guns gig.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah he sounded decent for most of YCBM. NV was decent too! I mean he's still warming up, but the improvements he's made are working, slowly but surely. If this was the first show of the tour we would be flipping out right now

Still warming up 😂 buddy it’s a multi million dollar tour. How is the star of the show not held accountable to be in top form to kick off the tour? Jesus Christ some of these new faces around here these last few years are just fucking terrible. 

Edited by Underhardy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Still warming up 😂 buddy it’s a multi million dollar tour. How is the star of the show not held accountable to be in top form to kick off the tour? Jesus Christ some of these new faces around here these last few years are just fucking terrible. 

New faces🤣 I mean nearly 10yrs on this board might be new to you, but sure whatever🤣

My point wasn't that he sounded incredible, he was passable, it's that he at least managed to sing the majority of the set with some semblance of conviction and he was far less gassed. If you were on here at least semi regular you'd see that I frequently slate his voice and the fact that he starts multi million tours underprepared (a post about that in particular yesterday buddy) Why would I slate him now when he's making improvements and clearly trying? 

Truly laughable post🤣

*Edit* I see you joined AFTER me🤣 this just gets better and better. Back to bed newbie😜

Edited by Tom2112
  • Haha 1

I think (me, a guy who never sang in his life) that Axl should sing November Rain in his regular voice tone. Or maybe his mixed voice (check the hard school sound check from mexico, the voice used in ‘all cautions made’) I like that voice 

• Like 1