08/13/21 - Missoula, MT - Grizzly Stadium

alfierose

29 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Looks like a nice atmosphere around the stadium. I like when you can still see a bit of nature or even the city from inside the venue, makes it more memorable than just seeing stands on all sides of you. 

Totally agree, in Portugal there is a stadium built inside an old quarry, looks great, but they don't do concerts, just football.aereaEstadio011.jpg

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

45 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Two things come to mind when I think of Montana-- A River Runs Through It and Evel Knievel. 

Yeah I love this Evel Knievel artwork for this show. I’m old enough to remember watching him live on tv when I was a kid. The Evel Knievel museum is in Topeka near where I live. It’s so cool- got tons of his bikes, Sky cycle prototype, his old semi trailer/ RV thing where he hung out before shows, helmets and leathers, you name it. Awesome museum.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

Totally agree, in Portugal there is a stadium built inside an old quarry, looks great, but they don't do concerts, just football.aereaEstadio011.jpg

Beautiful stadium but strange.....no fans behind the goal is weird.
(There is a giant wall of rock behind the goal isn't it?)

6 minutes ago, avahland said:

Beautiful stadium but strange.....no fans behind the goal is weird.
(There is a giant wall of rock behind the goal isn't it?)

It's definitely odd, I think it was built that way to adapt the structure to the existing deactivated quarry, of which that wall of rock was part of. I think it was built for the 2004 euro, but I'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

It's definitely odd, I think it was built that way to adapt the structure to the existing deactivated quarry, of which that wall of rock was part of. I think it was built for the 2004 euro, but I'm not sure.

My dad's portuguese! I follow the national team with passion, do they play in this stadium at all?

14 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

My dad's portuguese! I follow the national team with passion, do they play in this stadium at all?

they might have, but usually they play in Lisbon at the estádio da luz and alvalade, sometimes they play at porto and also in algarve.

is your father a supporter of any portuguese club ?

35 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I would like to think they'll try a new song tonight but it's to early considering Absurd was released a week ago.

Was HS soundcheckt since then?

I think HS was soundchecked the last few shows iirc. As far as Absurd being a single is concerned..it’s already run its course. Considering the song it’s not that surprising. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

What’s the altitude here like? I saw Meegan posted on Instagram oxygen one a can and she praised the invention so this makes me wonder what Axl will sound like tonight

The altitude there is around 3,000ft. Much lower than a place like Denver which is over 5,280 ft. I doubt it would affect vocals that much. I mean the best outdoor venue in the country is Red Rocks (just outside of Denver) and vocals don’t seem to be harmed with all the shows I’ve seen there. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

they might have, but usually they play in Lisbon at the estádio da luz and alvalade, sometimes they play at porto and also in algarve.

is your father a supporter of any portuguese club ?

No, mostly the national team as well + anything CR7 related. Its really hard to get the Portuguese league games in the US compared to La Liga or Premiere 

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

What’s the altitude here like? I saw Meegan posted on Instagram oxygen one a can and she praised the invention so this makes me wonder what Axl will sound like tonight

Didn't she say she was yesterday in a higher place on her day off..... I guess where they went to see those dinosaurs....T-Rex or whatever....
And now we talk about T-Rex..... isn't that a nice so to do for them ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

No, mostly the national team as well + anything CR7 related. Its really hard to get the Portuguese league games in the US compared to La Liga or Premiere 

Even in portugal if I want to watch all games from my time (S.L Benfica) you need to pay 3 subscriptions plus cable (i pirate a lot of the games because it's just stupid) . I also like to watch ronaldo from time to time and also mourinho