08/16/21 - Denver, CO - Dick's Sporting Good Park

alfierose

3 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I love Blind Melon! Really interesting band. Wish we could have more Axl/Shanon colabs 😔

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Love Blind Melon. You are so lucky to have gotten to see Shannon live!

I didn't see Blind Melon open for Guns but I did see them headline a theater prior to Shannon passing away. I didn't even want to go to the show but I'm really glad I did. They blew me away. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I thought they were brilliant, '93 had my favourite support bands ever Blind Melon, Soul Asylum and The Cult

The modern iteration of Thin Lizzy opened for a GN'R show I saw in Scotland back in 2012. Whilst no one could ever replace the perfect Phil Lynott, I recall it being exceptional.

Edit: I guess I should've said they opened for the modern iteration of GN'R...

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

The worst ever support band to play before guns was Blind Melon, they were awful.

Shannon Hoon came out and did Don't Cry with GNR at the LA Forum in 1991 just before the Illustions came out.  I was there and it was Fn awesome!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I thought they were brilliant, '93 had my favourite support bands ever Blind Melon, Soul Asylum and The Cult

The Cult opened for GnR? After GnR had opened for THEM in the late 80s and then took their drummer?

Damn, that must’ve been embarrassing…

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Cult opened for GnR? After GnR had opened for THEM in the late 80s and then took their drummer?

Damn, that must’ve been embarrassing…

The Cult opened some NITL shows too. I remember being jealous that Alice in Chains and The Cult opened some shows before the tour came to Minneapolis. We got the Deftones. Nothing against them, they were fine, but AIC and The Cult are among my favorite bands, so it would have been a dream to see either one of them open for GNR.

By the way, anyone know if there were any hard feelings over Sorum leaving for GNR back in the day? There are definitely times when bands feel jilted and get bitter, but there are also cases where the other band members understand when someone leaves for a bigger opportunity. I'm assuming it was the latter with Sorum and The Cult because they've obviously been on the same bills since then.

Edited by Locke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Locke said:

The Cult opened some NITL shows too. I remember being jealous that Alice in Chains and The Cult opened some shows before the tour came to Minneapolis. We got the Deftones. Nothing against them, they were fine, but AIC and The Cult are among my favorite bands, so it would have been a dream to see either one of them open for GNR.

Funny that they opened for GnR both times, cause Ian Astbury claims that Axl stole the straight hair and bandana look from him.

Similarly, Richard Black from Shark Island says Axl stole all his dance moves. He also claims Axl, Mike Patton, Kurt Cobain, etc all stole the flannel/ pajama look from him lol.

These people, man…

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's not Grace's band (which is good because if I was going to this show I would be upset that instead of seeing Wolf and co I had to sit through that untalented brat screeching for an hour).

Yeah obviously it’s not her band but could be her friends and a simple phone call to Duff to make it happen… but yes I agree w you

14 minutes ago, Locke said:

By the way, anyone know if there were any hard feelings over Sorum leaving for GNR back in the day? There are definitely times when bands feel jilted and get bitter, but there are also cases where the other band members understand when someone leaves for a bigger opportunity. I'm assuming it was the latter with Sorum and The Cult because they've obviously been on the same bills since then.

I saw 3 of the shows where AIC opened (both Vegas shows and Seattle) and they were pretty good, but Deftones would've been cool. I saw them open for Slipknot back in 2009 and they were pretty good.

The best opener I've seen was probably Baz in 2010... or Duff in 2011 :lol:

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Metallica was the best opening band I ever saw with GNR.  Yeah, I know it was co-headline lol.  And as much as I love GNR....Metallica was the better band that day.

Oh how I wish I was old enough to see this tour 😭