08/16/21 - Denver, CO - Dick's Sporting Good Park

alfierose

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

Miami I believe as well. Seeing him with Willie Nelson in September for the first time. 

I'm sure you know this, but you're in for a treat. I've seen him twice now and he tore the roof off the place both times.

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw 3 of the shows where AIC opened (both Vegas shows and Seattle) and they were pretty good, but Deftones would've been cool. I saw them open for Slipknot back in 2009 and they were pretty good.

The best opener I've seen was probably Baz in 2010... or Duff in 2011 :lol:

Baz was great! I'd have to go with him or Soundgarden for my favorite opening act. But then I was front row for Soundgarden a few years later and it was like a different band. They found grunge success, so Chris Cornell went from being very active and fun to watch while opening for GNR, to making zero eye contact with anyone in the crowd and acting like he wanted to be anywhere else. They changed his mic after nearly every song too for some reason. It's still the most disappointing concert experience I've had. The friend I attended the show with also hated it, but he saw a Cornell solo show years later and still raves about how great it was and how personable he was that night. Anyway, sorry if my stroll down memory lane interrupted the fun Dick's jokes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The GN'R opener I would have loved to have seen was Sturgill Simpson. I think be opened Denver in 2016 or 2017

I wasn't familiar with him until he played SNL and absolutely killed it. I usually give the musical act a chance, but I tend to lose interest quickly and speed through the rest of the song and the second song. That wasn't an issue with Sturgill. Best SNL performance in a long time.

1 minute ago, Locke said:

I wasn't familiar with him until he played SNL and absolutely killed it. I usually give the musical act a chance, but I tend to lose interest quickly and speed through the rest of the song and the second song. That wasn't an issue with Sturgill. Best SNL performance in a long time.

You ain't kidding. That performance of Call To Arms was stunning. Dude just lit the SNL stage up 

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Oh how I wish I was old enough to see this tour 😭

It was fantastic. We got Faith No More as the opener. A dream lineup. I should have included FNM on my list of favorite openers. Unfortunately, the crowd was slowly filling in and didn't seem to care. FNM deserved so much better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

These movies themed posters have been cool. I'm just dreading the Indiana one... Hoosiers theme? 😄 

If Axl designs it it might feature that old lady from the ice cream stand that was in that TV segment about his sudden rise to fame.

Opening night for Dead and Company.  Sold out show in NC.  Not sure what time they take the stage.  The party in the parking lot got 2.2K in views.  May not be your thing but if the link goes out and you want me to hit you with another one, let me know.  Green Day is probably playing some where if you prefer them for an opener but I'm not looking for them tonight.

3 minutes ago, Locke said:

It was fantastic. We got Faith No More as the opener. A dream lineup. I should have included FNM on my list of favorite openers. Unfortunately, the crowd was slowly filling in and didn't seem to care. FNM deserved so much better. 

Don’t rub it in mate 🤣

I jest….having FNM on there is a cracking bonus. Angel Dust would have been ready to explode at that time too.

Just an awesome time really!

Baz was probably the best opener I’ve seen. 06’ and 11’ he was great. Also dug the suicide girls in 06’

worst for me was bullet for my valentine. Just stood there and stared at their shoes the whole time. Was also disappointed by kenny kravits. He didn’t play some of his biggest songs. I’d think as an opener, you wouldn’t be afforded the opportunity to play your deep tracks, but rather the few that the crowd may actually know