08/16/21 - Denver, CO - Dick's Sporting Good Park

alfierose

2 hours ago, Locke said:

The Cult opened some NITL shows too. I remember being jealous that Alice in Chains and The Cult opened some shows before the tour came to Minneapolis. We got the Deftones. Nothing against them, they were fine, but AIC and The Cult are among my favorite bands, so it would have been a dream to see either one of them open for GNR.

By the way, anyone know if there were any hard feelings over Sorum leaving for GNR back in the day? There are definitely times when bands feel jilted and get bitter, but there are also cases where the other band members understand when someone leaves for a bigger opportunity. I'm assuming it was the latter with Sorum and The Cult because they've obviously been on the same bills since then.

No, Matt said in some interview that when he told Billy that GnR wanted to take him Billy said that he would do it if he was offered that chance. So definitely the latter.

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

Yeah obviously it’s not her band but could be her friends and a simple phone call to Duff to make it happen… but yes I agree w you

I don't think they're friends. Probably Live Nation or someone got them on.

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Woulda been great to see dirty honey on tour with them. When I saw them in Hartford they had no opener. Glad I saw them open with slash and Myles 

Yeah they would've been a great opener too. I saw them for the 3rd time this summer and it was the best one so far.

• Like 2